October 2014 | eNewsThis year, 32 Scholars participated in the NCI Continuing Umbrella of Research Experiences (CURE) program, a hands-on research training experience for... | [more]
Welcome to Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer CenterDana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) is the largest comprehensive cancer center in the world, bringing together the cancer research efforts of our seven member institutions: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Children's Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, and Massachusetts General Hospital.
Funded by a grant from the National Cancer Institute, we have joined these seven renowned Harvard-affiliated medical centers into one collective force dedicated to the fight against cancer. Based in Boston, DF/HCC consists of more than 1,000 researchers with a singular goal -- to find new and innovative ways to combat cancer.
- Seminars in Oncology: "Nanoparticles, Targeted Therapy, and Immunotherapy: Tools to Address Ovarian Cancer" Posted: 10-15-14
- U54 Population Research Seminar Series: An Overview of Program Evaluation Posted: 10-15-14
- High-Throughput Polymorphism Core Adds Targeted Sequencing Service Posted: 10-03-14
Latest Cancer News
October 2014 | eNews Franziska Michor, PhD (DFCI), applies mathematical modeling to try to predict how cancers accumulate mutations and other changes and how these... | [more]
October 2014 | eNews Only about 10% of men with prostate cancer present with metastatic disease at the time of diagnosis. The remaining 90% with localized disease can be... | [more]