SAVE THE DATE: First Annual Celebration of Young Investigators in Cancer Research
First Annual Celebration of Young Investigators in Cancer Research
May 15, 2013
Sponsored by Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center and the
Epidemiology Department at the Harvard School of Public Health
Please save the date for this half-day symposium to highlight the young talent at the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) who are producing important research in several areas of population science, including epidemiology, biostatistics, outcomes, diversity and survivorship. A primary aim of this symposium is to build opportunities for collaboration for junior investigators and provide a forum for new interactions and projects.
WHO IS INVITED: anyone who is involved with population science cancer research across the institutes at DF/HCC
WHERE: to be announced
WHEN: May 15 @ 1:30pm-6:30pm
WHAT: plenary speaker, short oral presentations, poster sessions, awards ceremony, and reception
PLENARY SPEAKER: William Nelson, MD, PhD
· Cancer Center Director, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins University
· Recognized leader in translation research for cancer
· 1:30pm-2:30pm on May 15
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
· Only students, postdocs, instructors and clinical fellows may submit abstracts
· Please download the abstract submission form here and submit to David Havelick (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 5, 2013.
· Abstracts should be 250 words or less.
A selection committee will choose some abstracts to be presented as a short oral presentation (TED-style talk) and/or a poster – decisions will be announced by April 19.