The Neuro-Oncology Program at the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) is seeking applications for Career Enhancement Program (CEP) projects focused on adult or pediatric gliomas.
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS: Career Enhancement Awards
AWARD AMOUNT: $42,750 total (direct plus indirect) from the grant to be spent by July 31, 2018 plus $25,000 (direct) from the applicant’s department
APPLICATION DEADLINE: On or before May 1, 2017
ANTICIPATED AWARD DATE: August 1, 2017
Funding will be provided through the National Cancer Institute (NCI)-sponsored Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) mechanism for two awards. Eligible candidates are those who are in the final year of clinical fellowship or postdoctoral fellowship (M.D., Ph.D. or equivalent rank are required) or are within 5 years of their first faculty appointment who hold the current rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor. Minority and women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be judged on 1) their scientific merit, 2) their potential to contribute to the overall status of the DF/HCC Neuro-Oncology program and 3) the agreement of the applicant’s departmental chair to provide matching funds in the amount of $25,000 direct (+ institutional/nonfederal indirects), to be included in the application as a letter from the chair.
Application deadline is May 1, 2017. Awardees will be notified by June 1, 2017. Funding will start on August 1, 2017 and will be provided at $42,750 total (direct plus indirect) from the grant to be spent by July 31, 2018 plus $25,000 (direct) from the applicant’s department. Funds can be used for salary and/or support of research at Harvard Medical School or Harvard-affiliated hospitals and institutions.
An application consists of the following components, to be submitted as one PDF document:
- Abstract (1 page maximum)
- Research Plan (3 pages maximum excluding references): Specific Aims, Background and Relevance to Gliomas, Preliminary Data, Experimental Methods, Analysis Plan
- NIH Biosketch of Principal Investigator and Mentor
- Mentor Letter of Support (1 page maximum)
- Other Support for Applicant and Mentor (NIH form)
- Budget and Budget Justification (1 page maximum)
- Letter from applicant’s department chair agreeing to provide matching funds in the amount of $25,000 direct (+ institutional/nonfederal indirects) to be included, if awarded.Welcome to EditPad.org - your online plain text editor. Enter or paste your text here. To download and save it, click on the button below.
Applications should be submitted by May 1, 2017 to Leah Hesse (firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone: 617- 726-1012)