- The scientific merit/quality of the proposal (coherent presentation, candidate's own work, kidney cancer focus, translational nature)
- The quality of the candidate (quality of previous work, potential for academic career in kidney cancer)
- The quality of the research environment (mentor support and track record, resources available)
Consideration will also be given to investigators expressing interest in shifting their research focus to kidney cancer. In this instance, items that will also be considered include:
- The seriousness of the commitment to translational research in kidney cancer
- The willingness of the individual to continue a productive relationship with the SPORE and the Kidney Cancer Program
The awardee will be expected to become a member of the DF/HCC Kidney Cancer Program and participate in Program activities including monthly research conferences, yearly half-day seminars, and the annual retreat. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Applications should be sent electronically to Tara Johnston, Program Administrator, at email@example.com, no later than 9 am on 01/19/16.
Applications must contain the following components using the PHS 398 forms:
- Cover* with Institutional Approval (Statement of Intent if outside BIDMC)
- Abstract of proposed research
- Research Proposal: Includes 1) Specific Aims, 2) Background and Significance, Preliminary Data, and Experimental Methods, not to exceed 5 pages, exclusive of the proposed milestones and literature cited
- Applicants Career Goals (1 page)
- Research and Environment for proposed research
- Mentor(s) Letter of Support
- Applicant’s and Mentor’s current NIH Biosketch
- Applicant’s and Mentor's NIH Other Support Page
- Proposed Budget NIH 398 form: must not exceed $50,000/year (exclusive of F&A). Funds cannot be used for the purchase of any large equipment.
- Budget Justification
- NIH checklist for Institution rate
- IRB/IACUC approval documents (if applicable)
- Human Subject Training Certificate (if applicable)
*Please include Title, PI, and research administrator contact on cover sheet and submit all documents as one pdf file. Pages should be numbered.
Anticipated Award Dates: 03/01/16 – 02/28/17
We anticipate being able to support 1-2 projects for that period.