The Bridge Project is seeking team applications for the 6th round of Bridge Project funding, for new projects to commence in Spring, 2017. Teams must be composed of at least one Principal Investigator from DF/HCC and at least one Principal Investigator from the Koch Institute at MIT (or MIT faculty member).
The following is a summary; download the full RFA in the 'Related Files' at the bottom.
There are two important dates for this round of applications:
- October 20, 2016: The deadline for submitting your full proposal is October 20, 2016 at 5pm.
- December 13, 2016: The Review Committee Meeting, at which finalists (top ranked teams) present as a team, will take place on Tuesday December 13, 2016. All team members must be available that day for an in-person interview. If your team cannot make this date, or have restrictions time-wise, please let us know when you submit your letter of intent. Team presentations with (preferably) the entire team is required for consideration. Teams will be notified by November 24 whether they were selected as finalists and need to prepare a presentation.
Areas of focus for 2017 applications
Only proposals in the following areas of great clinical need will be accepted, with 3 new categories being added this year:
NEW Pediatric brain cancers (Preference for Glioma)
Metastatic breast cancer
NEW Metastatic colon cancer
NEW Mechanism-based molecular cancer prevention
Metastatic prostate cancer
The Bridge Project also welcomes proposals in the following areas:
- Cachexia in cancer
- Cancers with viral etiology (e.g., Merkel cell carcinoma)
- New technologies for tumor monitoring
There are three types of awards:
- The “traditional” Bridge Project Grant: $400,000 (total costs) per team per year for up to 2 years ($800,000 total)
- Footbridge Grants: $200,000 (total costs) per team per year for one year. These are intended to allow newly formed teams to strengthen their future Bridge Project application and obtain necessary preliminary data/proof of concept as well as become a “true” team
- Expansion Bridge Grants: up to $750,000 per team (total costs) for one year and intended to support Bridge Project awardees to continue into the clinic (i.e. specifically designed for clinical trials).
(Required) Intent to Submit Deadline: September 30, 2016
Proposal Submission Deadline: October 20, 2016 by 5:00 pm
Full applications should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reminder, all DF/HCC members are eligible to apply for these grants.
Please refer questions to Debbie Goff (email@example.com).