I am an Assistant in Medicine within the division of Hematology/Oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). I work in the Center for Thoracic Cancers, where I care for patients with lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies. I devote approximately 25% of my full time effort to clinical work, and the remaining 75% to research.
I perform clinical and translational research in lung cancer. My research is largely focused on developing new therapies for high-grade neuroendocrine lung cancers, including small cell lung cancer (SCLC) and large cell neuroendocrine cancer. My translational research stems from my post-doctoral training in the laboratory of Dr. Tyler Jacks at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where I applied a genetically engineered mouse model of SCLC to develop a preclinical therapeutic pipeline. This involved initiating tumors in mice via conditional deletion of the tumor suppressor genes p53 and Rb1 occurs in the pulmonary epithelium, monitoring tumor growth using in vivo imaging techniques, and treating animals with therapeutic compounds to assess tumor response. I continue to work in this area with an ongoing therapeutic project assessing the activity of combination BH3 mimetic and TORC inhibition therapies, and am also currently developing an allograft system for expanding tumors in immune competent hosts. At MGH, I am working collaboratively with the Engelman laboratory to develop improved preclinical models of SCLC. I will also be involved in clinical trial research at MGH. I am deeply committed to developing new and improved therapies that translate to meaningful improvements in outcomes for patients with lung cancer.