Major research interests:
1. Circadian phase: melatonin / cortisol as biomarkers for cancer risk
2. Shift work: light exposure and cancer etiology
3. Breast cancer: biomarkers, gene-environment interactions, and prevention
4. Gastrointestinal tumors: etiology and prevention
5. Parkinson’s disease: associations with cancer etiology
My research has examined the epidemiology of a variety of cancers, including breast, colon, and pancreatic cancer. I have recently become interested in studying new areas including Parkinson’s disease and its relation with cancer etiology, to further understand biological mechanisms in carcinogenesis.