- What is Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center?
Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) unites the cancer research efforts of the Harvard community. It is an expansion of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s original designation as a Comprehensive Cancer Center in the early 1970s.
As a consortium, DF/HCC brings together more than 1,000 faculty members from its seven Harvard-affiliated institutions: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, and Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Does DF/HCC treat patients?
DF/HCC is a research entity. Our researchers may see patients, but referrals need to be made through the individual hospital with which the researcher is affiliated. Below are the links to Doctor Referral websites for our five affiliated hospitals:
- How to log in (intranet)
The majority of the DF/HCC website is available to the public. Some information, however, requires our website visitors to register and log-in through an account. Limited content is available to account users including some clinical research information and access to The Cancer Letter posted here through a subscription. Go to the Login page or visit our home page and click on "Register For An Account."
After logging into the website following the above steps, you will also have access to edit your member profile. If you have questions about membership, contact our membership coordinator, Jackie Hwang, at: email@example.com. If you have any questions about the website, contact our webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maps, directions, and shuttle information
- How do I contact someone at DF/HCC?
If you know the last name or department of the person you would like to reach, go to the DF/HCC member directory.
- How do I become a member?
To apply for membership with DF/HCC, submit an application through our website.
Follow this link to apply
If you have questions regarding membership, please contact Jackie Hwang, Membership Coordinator, at email@example.com or at 617-632-5685.
Note: DF/HCC members may join a maximum of two programs.
- How do I edit and update membership information?
We strongly encourage members to review their membership data regularly and update it as necessary. You may change:
- Program affiliation(s)
- Contact information for yourself and/or assistant
- Enter new citations
- Edit research interest text
- Enter your gender, race, and ethnicity information
- Enter any missing information
- Review and edit membership
Posting photos to your member profile
To submit a digital picture to be included in your member profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name with your photo submission.
- How do I learn more about members’ research/clinical interests?
If you are interested in exploring other members’ research interests, use the Member Directory to search for a specific member by last name or perform a keyword search.
For more information, click on active links of member profiles or on publication links to view the abstracts of those publications or use the advanced search option.
- How do I view publications and abstracts of members?
View member profiles using the DF/HCC Directory. Cancer-related publications are updated regularly and can be viewed by clicking the into "View All Publications," displayed on each member profile. Abstracts can be found under "Research Abstracts" on each member profile.
- How can I find events going on in the DF/HCC community?
To view upcoming events including seminars, workshops, presentations, conferences, and more, go to our DF/HCC Upcoming Events Calendar. Browse by topics including Basic Science, Clinical Research, Population Science, and Other. You can also access the DF/HCC calendar by returning to the home page and clicking "Calendar" in the top-positioned menu.
In addition, the DF/HCC Communications office sends out a weekly email bulletin every Monday, which includes a calendar of upcoming events of interest to our members. If you are a DF/HCC member and you would like to be added to the distribution list, please contact Alayne Chappell.
- How do I post my announcements to the DF/HCC website?
To post announcements on the DF/HCC website, you have the following options:
- To post an event directly to the DF/HCC online calendar, create an account here. It's quick and easy and allows you to log-in at your convenience to post your event announcement. Your submission will be approved within 24-48 hours by DF/HCC Communications staff.
- To submit a news or event announcement to be posted by DF/HCC Communications staff, please complete the News and Announcement Form and submit to the Online Communications office. Your submission will be approved within 24-48 hours by our staff.
- If you are a DF/HCC member or administrative personnel registered with DF/HCC and would like to submit an announcements to be posted in the News section of our website, you must first be logged in. Anyone with a harvard.edu or partners.org email address can set up an account; please register here.