DF/HCC Survey on Participation and Interest in Global Health Research
During the past year, NCI identified global health as a priority. The NCI Cancer Centers Program is now encouraging Comprehensive Cancer Centers to become more engaged in this area. The goals of the global health initiative are:
- Develop plans to inform cancer control and provide assistance as countries work to implement cancer control programs
- Strengthen collaboration in global health research, cancer research, and cancer control
- Train investigators and developing research capacity in global health in the US and developing countries
- Develop new agents and devices for cancer prevention, screening, treatment, and symptom management appropriate for use in the developing world
- Launch scientific initiatives relevant to global health and cancer control
Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center has formed a global health leadership team, which is chaired by Glorian Sorensen. This group will gather information on member activities in global health and will identify opportunities for enhancing interaction and collaboration. Please take a few minutes to complete a very brief survey by going to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DFHCCglobalhealthsurvey.