Request for Applications: Career Development Award in Brain Cancer
The Neuro-Oncology Program at the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) is seeking applications for career development projects focused on adult or pediatric gliomas.
Funding will be provided through the National Cancer Institute (NCI)-sponsored Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) mechanism. Eligible candidates are those who are in the final year of clinical fellowship or postdoctoral fellowship (M.D., Ph.D. or equivalent rank are required) or are within 5 years of their first faculty appointment who hold the current rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor. Applications will be judged on their scientific merit and on their potential to contribute to the overall status of the DF/HCC Neuro-Oncology program.
Funding will start on September 1, 2014 and will be provided at $50,000 total over a two-year period. Funds can be used for salary and/or support of research at Harvard Medical School or Harvard-affiliated hospitals and institutions.
Applications should be submitted by May 1, 2014 to Leah Hesse, email@example.com; telephone: 617-726-1012. Minority and women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
An application consists of the following components:
- Abstract (1 page maximum)
- Research Plan (3 pages maximum excluding references): Specific aims, Background and relevance to gliomas, Preliminary data, Experimental methods, Analysis plan
- NIH Biosketch of Principal Investigator and Mentor
- Mentor Letter of Support (1 page maximum)
- Other Support for Applicant and Mentor (NIH form)
- Budget and Budget Justification (1 page maximum)
- DFHCC_Brain_SPORE_02-21-14__CDP_.pdf220 K