Request for Applications: Developmental Project Award in Prostate Cancer
The Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Specialized Program in Research Excellence (SPORE) in Prostate Cancer seeks applications for Developmental Projects in Prostate Cancer Translational Research. Please note the deadline for applications is Friday, May 16, 2014 by 5 PM.
Applicants must be on the faculty at Harvard Medical School or the Harvard School of Public Health at the level of Instructor or higher. Research may span the disciplines of basic biology, treatment science, population studies, or outcomes research. However, all basic research supported by the SPORE must have a plan for translation into application or studies in humans, since the purpose of this program is to promote translational research in prostate cancer. Applications will be judged on their scientific merit and/or the potential for contribution to the overall status of the DF/HCC Prostate Cancer Program/Prostate Cancer SPORE.
The awardee will receive up to $50,000 in direct costs for one year for the budget period 7/1/2014-6/30/2015 (although it is possible, depending on the potential for translation and contribution to the SPORE, that the award may be renewed for a 2nd year at the discretion of the SPORE Director), which can be used for salary and/or support of research at Harvard Medical School, the Harvard School of Public Health or any of the Harvard-affiliated hospitals. Funding provided needs to be spent within the budgeted time period.
The individual would become a member of the DF/HCC Prostate Cancer Program and the DF/HCC Prostate Cancer SPORE and would be expected to attend SPORE activities (meetings, retreats, research presentations). Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Materials: e-mail the following materials in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16, 2014.
- A brief summary of the research plan (not to exceed 5 pages excluding references) including an Abstract, Specific Aims, Background and Relevance, Preliminary Data, Experimental Methods/Research Plan, Translational Goals, and anticipated time line.
- Budget (NIH Format) up to $50,000 direct costs per year for budget period 7/1/14-6/30/15. FOR INSTITUTIONS OTHER THAN DFCI, SIGN OFF ON THE BUDGET FROM YOUR INSTITUTION IS REQUIRED.
- Applicant’s Biosketch (NIH Format)
- Letter of institutional support from the applicant’s department chair or division chief providing evidence of institutional support and a guarantee of protected time, research space, and office space.
For all inquiries, please contact Erin Edwards by email email@example.com or phone at 617-582-7831.
- Request_for_Applications_DRP.pdf65 K