AWARD AMOUNT: up to $50,000 (direct costs) per year for one year with the potential for renewal for a second year
APPLICATION DEADLINE: On or before Wednesday, May 17, 2017 by 5pm
ANTICIPATED AWARD DATE: July 1, 2017
The Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Specialized Program in Research Excellence (SPORE) in Prostate Cancer seeks applications for a Career Enhancement Award and Developmental Project Award in Prostate Cancer Translational Research. Please note the deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 17, 2017 by 5 PM.
Developmental Research Award
The DRP is designed to solicit, evaluate and support innovative pilot projects in translational prostate cancer research. Projects are intended to rapidly advance a new idea or concept that has the potential to substantially impact our understanding of prostate cancer, and ultimately influence the clinical management of this disease through improved prevention and treatment strategies.
Applicants must be on the faculty at Harvard Medical School or the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health at the level of Instructor or higher. Research may span the disciplines of basic biology, treatment science, population studies, or outcomes research. However, all basic research supported by the SPORE must have a plan for translation into application or studies in humans, since the purpose of this program is to promote translational research in prostate cancer. Applications will be judged on their scientific merit and/or the potential for contribution to the overall status of the DF/HCC Prostate Cancer Program/Prostate Cancer SPORE.
The awardee will receive up to $50,000 in direct costs for one year for the budget period 7/1/2017-6/30/2018 (although it is possible, depending on the potential for translation and contribution to the SPORE, that the award may be renewed for a 2nd year at the discretion of the SPORE Director), which can be used for salary and/or support of research at Harvard Medical School, the Harvard School of Public Health or any of the Harvard-affiliated hospitals. Funding provided needs to be spent within the budgeted time period.
The individual would become a member of the DF/HCC Prostate Cancer Program and the DF/HCC Prostate Cancer SPORE and would be expected to attend SPORE activities (meetings, retreats, research presentations). Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Materials: e-mail the following materials in a single PDF file to email@example.com by May 17, 2017 at 5PM.
- A brief summary of the research plan (not to exceed 5 pages excluding references) including an Abstract, Specific Aims, Background and Relevance, Preliminary Data, Experimental Methods/Research Plan, Translational Goals, and anticipated time line.
- Budget (NIH 398 Form Page 4) up to $50,000 direct costs per year (plus indirect costs using your institute¹s federally negotiated rate) for budget period 7/1/17-6/30/18.
- For institutions other than DFCI, institutional signature on a Statement of Intent is required.
- Applicant¹s Biosketch (NIH NIH Format 5 page limit)
- Letter of institutional support from the applicant¹s department chair or division chief providing evidence of institutional support and a guarantee of protected time, research space, and office space.
For any questions regarding the application, please contact Kate Perry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.