Request for Applications: DF/HCC SPORE in Breast Cancer Career Development Award
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS: Career Development Award (Pilot Projects)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 20, 2008
Purpose: An award providing funding to young faculty members at the rank of Instructor or higher. Preference is given for junior applicants; however, we will entertain nominations for senior faculty interested in entering breast cancer research.
Focus: Breast Cancer Research
Objectives: Clinical, population, or lab-based research. Your proposal should involve clinical subjects or clinical specimens. The use of the Breast Cancer SPORE Cores or DF/HCC Core Resources is encouraged.
Range of awards: $40,000–$75,000 annually in total costs
Selection Process: Application materials will be reviewed by an internal committee chaired by Dr. Dirk Iglehart.
Submission Requirements (Application materials):
• Faculty-member Nomination Letter indicating the career plan for your candidate, including his/her appointment to the faculty and participation in cancer research, defined commitment to the candidate, and plans for permanent faculty appointment.
• Candidate’s Harvard-format CV
• Candidate's statement of career goals (1 paragraph)
• 1-2 page Scientific Proposal that includes your career plan in detail
• Budget indicating expenditures for one year from award dated. Please have your institution sign off on the budget.
• E-mail submission as a single PDF document to: email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact: Don Watson at 617-632-4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.