Request for Applications: DF/HCC SPORE in Breast Cancer Developmental Project Award
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS: Developmental Project Awards (Pilot Projects)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 20, 2008
Purpose: to fund small projects that should be completed within one or two years from the date of the award. Investigators are encouraged to utilize these funds to develop data that would be needed for preparation of longer term funding applications.
Focus: Breast Cancer
Objectives: Translational research; however, pure laboratory investigations will be considered for a translational project starting point.
Range of awards: $30,000 - $60,000 annually (TOTAL COSTS)
• an extension of the funding for a second year, may be available
• a consortium of Investigators may apply for an award in which case shared equipment or resource development grants would be considered; therefore, the budget could be reasonably larger.
Selection Process: Application materials will be reviewed by an internal committee chaired by Dr. Dirk Iglehart.
Submission Requirements (Application materials):
• Proposal Concept: 1-3 pages
• Budget indicating expenditures for 1 or 2 years from award date. Clear justifications to support a second year. PLEASE HAVE YOUR INSTITUTION SIGN OFF ON THE BUDGET.
• NIH biosketch
• E-mail submission as a single PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact: Don Watson at 617-632-4501 or email@example.com.