Glorian C. Sorensen, PhD, MPH
- Tamers SL, Allen J, Yang M, Stoddard A, Harley A, Sorensen G.Does Concern Motivate Behavior Change? Exploring the Relationship Between Physical Activity and Body Mass Index Among Low-Income Housing Residents.Health Educ Behav. 2014 Apr 30.
- Goodman MS, Li Y, Stoddard AM, Sorensen G.Analysis of Ordinal Outcomes with Longitudinal Covariates Subject to Missingness.Journal Of Applied Statistics. 2014 Jan 1;41(5):1040-1052.
- Duncan DT, Kawachi I, Melly SJ, Blossom J, Sorensen G, Williams DR.Demographic disparities in the tobacco retail environment in Boston: a citywide spatial analysis.Public Health Rep.;129(2):209-15.
- Nelson CC, Wagner GR, Caban-Martinez AJ, Buxton OM, Kenwood CT, Sabbath EL, Hashimoto DM, Hopcia K, Allen J, Sorensen G.Physical activity and body mass index: the contribution of age and workplace characteristics.Am J Prev Med. 2014 Mar;46(3 Suppl 1):S42-51.
- Harley AE, Yang M, Stoddard AM, Adamkiewicz G, Walker R, Tucker-Seeley RD, Allen JD, Sorensen G.Patterns and Predictors of Health Behaviors Among Racially/Ethnically Diverse Residents of Low-Income Housing Developments.Am J Health Promot. 2013 Dec 20.
- Caspi CE, Dennerlein JT, Kenwood C, Stoddard AM, Hopcia K, Hashimoto D, Sorensen G.Results of a pilot intervention to improve health and safety for health care workers.J Occup Environ Med. 2013 Dec;55(12):1449-55.
- Umukoro PE, Arias OE, Stoffel SD, Hopcia K, Sorensen G, Dennerlein JT.Physical activity at work contributes little to patient care workers' weekly totals.J Occup Environ Med. 2013 Dec;55(12 Suppl):S63-8.
- Sorensen G, McLellan D, Dennerlein JT, Pronk NP, Allen JD, Boden LI, Okechukwu CA, Hashimoto D, Stoddard A, Wagner GR.Integration of health protection and health promotion: rationale, indicators, and metrics.J Occup Environ Med. 2013 Dec;55(12 Suppl):S12-8.
- Sorensen G, Pednekar MS, Sinha DN, Stoddard AM, Nagler E, Aghi MB, Lando HA, Viswanath K, Pawar P, Gupta PC.Effects of a tobacco control intervention for teachers in India: results of the Bihar school teachers study.Am J Public Health. 2013 Nov;103(11):2035-40.
- Adamkiewicz G, Spengler JD, Harley AE, Stoddard A, Yang M, Alvarez-Reeves M, Sorensen G.Environmental Conditions in Low-Income Urban Housing: Clustering and Associations With Self-Reported Health.Am J Public Health. 2013 Sep 12.
- Tucker-Seeley RD, Harley AE, Stoddard AM, Sorensen GG.Financial hardship and self-rated health among low-income housing residents.Health Educ Behav. 2013 Aug;40(4):442-8.
- Nagler EM, Pednekar MS, Viswanath K, Sinha DN, Aghi MB, Pischke CR, Ebbeling CB, Lando HA, Gupta PC, Sorensen GC.Designing in the social context: using the social contextual model of health behavior change to develop a tobacco control intervention for teachers in India.Health Education Research. 2012 Jun 4.
- Okechukwu CA, Krieger N, Sorensen G, Li Y, Barbeau EM.Testing hypothesized psychosocial mediators: lessons learned in the MassBUILT study.Health Educ Behav. 2011 Aug;38(4):404-11.
- Sorensen G, Landsbergis P, Hammer L, Amick B, Linnan L, Yancey A, Welch L, Goetzel R, Flannery K, Pratt C, On Worksite Chronic Disease Prevention WW.Preventing Chronic Disease At the Workplace: A Workshop Report and Recommendations.Am J Public Health. 2011 Jul 21.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard A, Quintiliani L, Ebbeling C, Nagler E, Yang M, Pereira L, Wallace L.Tobacco use cessation and weight management among motor freight workers: results of the gear up for health study.Cancer Causes Control. 2010 Dec;21(12):2113-22.
- Nguyen KH, Subramanian SV, Sorensen G, Tsang K, Wright RJ.Influence of experiences of racial discrimination and ethnic identity on prenatal smoking among urban black and Hispanic women.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2010 Oct 25.
- Quintiliani L, Yang M, Sorensen G.A process evaluation of tobacco-related outcomes from a telephone and print-delivered intervention for motor freight workers.Addict Behav. 2010 Nov;35(11):1036-9.
- Sapp AL, Kawachi I, Sorensen G, LaMontagne AD, Subramanian SV.Does workplace social capital buffer the effects of job stress? A cross-sectional, multilevel analysis of cigarette smoking among U.S. manufacturing workers.J Occup Environ Med. 2010 Jul;52(7):740-50.
- Viswanath K, Ackerson LK, Sorensen G, Gupta PC.Movies and TV influence tobacco use in India: findings from a national survey.PLoS ONE. 2010;5(6):e11365.
- Hunt MK, Harley AE, Stoddard AM, Lederman RI, Macarthur MJ, Sorensen G.Elements of External Validity of Tools for Health: An Intervention for Construction Laborers.Am J Health Promot.;24(5):e11-e20.
- Harley AE, Devine CM, Beard B, Stoddard AM, Hunt MK, Sorensen G.Multiple health behavior changes in a cancer prevention intervention for construction workers, 2001-2003.Preventing Chronic Disease. 2010 May;7(3):A55.
- Okechukwu CA, Krieger N, Chen J, Sorensen G, Li Y, Barbeau EM.The association of workplace hazards and smoking in a U.S. multiethnic working-class population.Public Health Rep.;125(2):225-33.
- Okechukwu CA,Krieger N,Sorensen G,Li Y,Barbeau EM.MassBuilt: effectiveness of an apprenticeship site-based smoking cessation intervention for unionized building trades workers.Cancer Causes Control. 2009 Aug;20(6):887-94.
- LaMontagne AD, Stoddard AM, Roelofs C, Sembajwe G, Sapp AL, Sorensen G.A hazardous substance exposure prevention rating method for intervention needs assessment and effectiveness evaluation: the Small Business Exposure Index.Environ Health. 2009;8:10.
- Bowen DJ, Sorensen G, Weiner BJ, Campbell M, Emmons K, Melvin C.Dissemination research in cancer control: where are we and where should we go?.Cancer Causes Control. 2009 May;20(4):473-85.
- Sorensen G, Quintiliani L, Pereira L, Yang M, Stoddard A.Work experiences and tobacco use: findings from the gear up for health study.J Occup Environ Med. 2009 Jan;51(1):87-94.
- Allen JD, Stoddard AM, Sorensen G.Do Social Network Characteristics Predict Mammography Screening Practices?.Health Educ Behav. 2008 Dec;35(6):763-76.
- Goldman RE, Barbeau E, Hunt MK, Acevedo-Garcia D, Emmons KM, Gagne J, Sorensen G.Perceptions of Health Promotion and Cancer Prevention Among Adults in Working-Class Occupations and Neighborhoods.Health Educ Behav. 2008 Dec;35(6):777-90.
- Bennett GG, Wolin KY, Okechukwu CA, Arthur CM, Askew S, Sorensen G, Emmons KM.Nativity and Cigarette Smoking among Lower Income Blacks: Results from the Healthy Directions Study.J Immigr Minor Health. 2008 Aug;10(4):305-11.
- Wolin KY,Bennett GG,McNeill LH,Sorensen G,Emmons KM.Low discretionary time as a barrier to physical activity and intervention uptake.Am J Health Behav. 2008 Nov-Dec;32(6):563-9.
- Campbell MK, McLerran D, Turner-McGrievy G, Feng Z, Havas S, Sorensen G, Buller D, Beresford SA, Nebeling L.Mediation of adult fruit and vegetable consumption in the National 5 A Day for Better Health community studies.Ann Behav Med. 2008 Feb;35(1):49-60.
- Peterson KE, Dubowitz T, Stoddard AM, Troped PJ, Sorensen G, Emmons KM.Social context of physical activity and weight status in working-class populations.J Phys Act Health. 2007 Oct;4(4):381-96.
- Quinn MM, Sembajwe G, Stoddard AM, Kriebel D, Krieger N, Sorensen G, Hartman C, Naishadham D, Barbeau EM.Social disparities in the burden of occupational exposures: results of a cross-sectional study.Am J Ind Med. 2007 Dec;50(12):861-75.
- Hunt MK, Stoddard AM, Kaphingst KA, Sorensen G.Characteristics of participants in a cancer prevention intervention designed for multiethnic workers in small manufacturing worksites.Am J Health Promot. 2007 Sep-Oct;22(1):33-7.
- Kaphingst KA, Bennett GG, Sorensen G, Kaphingst KM, O'Neil AE, McInnis K.Body mass index, physical activity, and dietary behaviors among members of an urban community fitness center: a questionnaire survey.BMC Public Health. 2007;7:181.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, Dubowitz T, Barbeau EM, Bigby J, Emmons KM, Berkman LF, Peterson KE.The Influence of Social Context on Changes in Fruit and Vegetable Consumption: Results of the Healthy Directions Studies.Am J Public Health. 2007 Jul;97(7):1216-27.
- Barbeau EM, Delaurier G, Kelder G, McLellan D, Sorensen G, Balbach ED, Levenstein C.A decade of work on organized labor and tobacco control: reflections on research and coalition building in the United States.J Public Health Policy. 2007;28(1):118-35.
- Hunt MK, Barbeau EM, Lederman R, Stoddard AM, Chetkovich C, Goldman R, Wallace L, Sorensen G.Process Evaluation Results From the Healthy Directions-Small Business Study.Health Educ Behav. 2007 Feb;34(1):90-107.
- Devine CM, Stoddard AM, Barbeau EM, Naishadham D, Sorensen G.Work-to-family spillover and fruit and vegetable consumption among construction laborers.Am J Health Promot. 2007 Jan-Feb;21(3):175-82.
- Barbeau E, Yaus K, McLellan D, Levenstein C, Youngstrom R, Siqueira E, Sorensen G.Organized labor, public health, and tobacco control policy: a dialogue toward action.New Solut. 2001;11(2):121-39.
- Siqueira CE, Barbeau E, Youngstrom R, Levenstein C, Sorensen G.Worksite tobacco control policies and labor-management cooperation and conflict in new york state.New Solut. 2003;13(2):153-71.
- Sorensen G, Barbeau EM, Stoddard AM, Hunt MK, Goldman R, Smith A, Brennan AA, Wallace L.Tools for health: the efficacy of a tailored intervention targeted for construction laborers.Cancer Causes Control. 2007 Feb;18(1):51-9.
- Forster JL, Lazovich D, Hickle A, Sorensen G, Demierre MF.Compliance with restrictions on sale of indoor tanning sessions to youth in Minnesota and Massachusetts.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006 Dec;55(6):962-7.
- Sorensen G, Barbeau EM.Integrating occupational health, safety and worksite health promotion: opportunities for research and practice.Med Lav. 2006 Mar-Apr;97(2):240-57. Review.
- Ebbeling CB, Pearson MN, Sorensen G, Levine RA, Hebert JR, Salkeld JA, Peterson KE.Conceptualization and development of a theory-based healthful eating and physical activity intervention for postpartum women who are low income.Health Promot Pract. 2007 Jan;8(1):50-9.
- Bennett GG, Wolin KY, Avrunin JS, Stoddard AM, Sorensen G, Barbeau E, Emmons KM.Does race/ethnicity moderate the association between job strain and leisure time physical activity?.Ann Behav Med. 2006 Aug;32(1):60-7.
- Eliassen AH, Colditz GA, Peterson KE, Furtado JD, Fay ME, Sorensen G, Emmons KM.Biomarker validation of dietary intervention in two multiethnic populations.Prev Chronic Dis. 2006 Apr;3(2):A44.
- Krieger N, Waterman PD, Hartman C, Bates LM, Stoddard AM, Quinn MM, Sorensen G, Barbeau EM.Social hazards on the job: workplace abuse, sexual harassment, and racial discrimination--a study of Black, Latino, and White low-income women and men workers in the United States.Int J Health Serv. 2006;36(1):51-85.
- Wolin KY, Colditz G, Stoddard AM, Emmons KM, Sorensen G.Acculturation and physical activity in a working class multiethnic population.Prev Med. 2006 Apr;42(4):266-72.
- Barbeau E, WAllace L, Lederman R, Lightman N, Stoddard A, Sorensen G.Recruiting small manufacturing worksites that employ multi-ethnic, low-wage workers to a cancer prevention research trial.J Am Diet Assoc.;In press.
- Sorensen G, Thompson B, Basen-Engquist K, Abrams D, Kuniyuki A, DiClemente C, Biener L.Durability, dissemination, and institutionalization of worksite tobacco control programs: results from the Working Well trial.Int J Behav Med. 1998;5(4):335-51.
- Stoddard AM, Fagan P, Sorensen G, Hunt MK, Frazier L, Girod K.Reducing cigarette smoking among working adolescents: results from the SMART study.Cancer Causes Control. 2005 Dec;16(10):1159-64.
- Stoddard AM, Krieger N, Barbeau EM, Bennett GG, Fay ME, Sorensen G, Emmons K.Methods and baseline characteristics of two group-randomized trials with multiracial and multiethnic working-class samples.Prev Chronic Dis. 2005 Oct;2(4):A10.
- Lamontagne AD, Stoddard AM, Youngstrom RA, Lewiton M, Sorensen G.Improving the prevention and control of hazardous substance exposures: a randomized controlled trial in manufacturing worksites.Am J Ind Med. 2005 Oct;48(4):282-92.
- Sorensen G, Barbeau E, Stoddard AM, Hunt MK, Kaphingst K, Wallace L.Promoting behavior change among working-class, multiethnic workers: results of the healthy directions--small business study.Am J Public Health. 2005 Aug;95(8):1389-95.
- Sorensen G, Gupta PC, Sinha DN, Shastri S, Kamat M, Pednekar MS, Ramakrishnan S.Teacher tobacco use and tobacco use prevention in two regions in India: results of the Global School Personnel Survey.Prev Med. 2005 Aug;41(2):417-23.
- Sorensen G, Gupta PC, Sinha DN, Shastri S, Kamat M, Pednekar MS, Ramakrishnan S.Teacher tobacco use and tobacco use prevention in two regions in India: qualitative research findings.Prev Med. 2005 Aug;41(2):424-32.
- Sorensen G, Gupta PC, Pednekar MS.Social disparities in tobacco use in Mumbai, India: the roles of occupation, education, and gender.Am J Public Health. 2005 Jun;95(6):1003-8.
- Linnan L, LaMontagne AD, Stoddard A, Emmons KM, Sorensen G.Norms and their relationship to behavior in worksite settings: an application of the Jackson Return Potential Model.Am J Health Behav. 2005 May-Jun;29(3):258-68.
- Hickle A, Forster J, Lazovich D, Allwood P, Remba N, Grossmeier J, Sorensen G.Sanitarians' work with indoor-tanning businesses: findings from interviews in two major metropolitan areas.J Environ Health. 2005 Apr;67(8):30-6, 54.
- Barbeau EM, Goldman R, Roelofs C, Gagne J, Harden E, Conlan K, Stoddard A, Sorensen G.A new channel for health promotion: building trade unions.Am J Health Promot. 2005 Mar-Apr;19(4):297-303.
- Hunt MK, Lederman R, Stoddard AM, LaMontagne AD, McLellan D, Combe C, Barbeau E, Sorensen G.Process evaluation of an integrated health promotion/occupational health model in WellWorks-2.Health Educ Behav. 2005 Feb;32(1):10-26.
- Stryker JE, Lazovich D, Forster JL, Emmons KM, Sorensen G, Demierre MF.Maternal/female caregiver influences on adolescent indoor tanning.J Adolesc Health. 2004 Dec;35(6):528.e1-9.
- Abroms LC, Fagan P, Eisenberg ME, Lee HS, Remba N, Sorensen G.The STRENGTH Ezine: an application of e-mail for health promotion in adolescent girls.Am J Health Promot. 2004 Sep-Oct;19(1):28-32.
- Lazovich D, Forster J, Sorensen G, Emmons K, Stryker J, Demierre MF, Hickle A, Remba N.Characteristics associated with use or intention to use indoor tanning among adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004 Sep;158(9):918-24.
- Sorensen G, Linnan L, Hunt MK.Worksite-based research and initiatives to increase fruit and vegetable consumption.Prev Med. 2004 Sep;39 Suppl 2:S94-100.
- Barbeau EM, McLellan D, Levenstein C, DeLaurier GF, Kelder G, Sorensen G.Reducing occupation-based disparities related to tobacco: Roles for occupational health and organized labor.Am J Ind Med. 2004 Aug;46(2):170-9.
- Stoddard AM, Palombo R, Troped PJ, Sorensen G, Will JC.Cardiovascular disease risk reduction: the Massachusetts WISEWOMAN project.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2004 Jun;13(5):539-46.
- LaMontagne AD, Barbeau E, Youngstrom RA, Lewiton M, Stoddard AM, McLellan D, Wallace LM, Sorensen G.Assessing and intervening on OSH programmes: effectiveness evaluation of the Wellworks-2 intervention in 15 manufacturing worksites.Occup Environ Med. 2004 Aug;61(8):651-60.
- Barbeau EM, Wallace L, Lederman R, Lightman N, Stoddard A, Sorensen G.Recruiting small manufacturing worksites that employ multiethnic, low-wage workforces into a cancer prevention research trial.Eval & Prog Plan. 2004 July;1(3):1-9.
- Sorensen G, Fagan P, Hunt MK, Stoddard AM, Girod K, Eisenberg M, Frazier L.Changing channels for tobacco control with youth: developing an intervention for working teens.Health Educ Res. 2004 Jun;19(3):250-60.
- Barbeau E, Roelofs C, Youngstrom R, Sorensen G, Stoddard A, LaMontagne AD.Assessment of occupational safety and health programs in small businesses.Am J Ind Med. 2004 Apr;45(4):371-9.
- Sorensen G, Barbeau E, Hunt MK, Emmons K.Reducing social disparities in tobacco use: a social-contextual model for reducing tobacco use among blue-collar workers.Am J Public Health. 2004 Feb;94(2):230-9.
- Sorensen G, Barbeau, E, Hunt MK, Emmons K.Reducing social disparities in tobacco use: A social contextual model for reducing tobacco use among blue-collar workers.Am J Public Health. 2004 Feb;94(2):230-239.
- Hunt MK, Stoddard AM, Barbeau E, Goldman R, Wallace L, Gutheil C, Sorensen G.Cancer prevention for working class, multiethnic populations through small businesses: the healthy directions study.Cancer Causes Control. 2003 Oct;14(8):749-60.
- Fagan P, Stoddard AM, Hunt MK, Frazier L, Girod K, Sorensen G.The feasibility of evaluating a tobacco control intervention for working youth.Tob Control. 2003 Dec;12 Suppl 4:IV34-IV39.
- Hunt MK, Fagan P, Lederman R, Stoddard A, Frazier L, Girod K, Sorensen G.Feasibility of implementing intervention methods in an adolescent worksite tobacco control study.Tob Control. 2003 Dec;12 Suppl 4:IV40-IV45.
- Goldman R, Hunt MK, Allen JD, Hauser S, Emmons K, Maeda M, Sorensen G.The life history interview method: applications to intervention development.Health Educ Behav. 2003 Oct;30(5):564-81.
- Sorensen G, Emmons K, Hunt MK, Barbeau E, Goldman R, Peterson K, Kuntz K, Stoddard A, Berkman L.Model for incorporating social context in health behavior interventions: applications for cancer prevention for working-class, multiethnic populations.Prev Med. 2003 Sep;37(3):188-97.
- LaMontagne AD, Youngstrom RA, Lewiton M, Stoddard AM, Perry MJ, Klar JM, Christiani DC, Sorensen G.An exposure prevention rating method for intervention needs assessment and effectiveness evaluation.Appl Occup Environ Hyg. 2003 Jul;18(7):523-34.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, LaMontagne AD, Emmons K, Hunt MK, Youngstrom R, McLellan D, Christiani DC.A comprehensive worksite cancer prevention intervention: behavior change results from a randomized controlled trial (United States).J Public Health Policy. 2003;24(1):5-25.
- Fagan P, Eisenberg M, Frazier L, Stoddard AM, Avrunin JS, Sorensen G.Employed adolescents and beliefs about self-efficacy to avoid smoking.Addict Behav. 2003 Jun;28(4):613-26.
- Peterson KE, Sorensen G, Pearson M, Hebert JR, Gottlieb BR, McCormick MC.Design of an intervention addressing multiple levels of influence on dietary and activity patterns of low-income, postpartum women.Health Educ Res. 2002 Oct;17(5):531-40.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, LaMontagne AD, Emmons K, Hunt MK, Youngstrom R, McLellan D, Christiani DC.A comprehensive worksite cancer prevention intervention: behavior change results from a randomized controlled trial (United States).Cancer Causes Control. 2002 Aug;13(6):493-502.
- Sorensen G, Emmons K, Stoddard AM, Linnan L, Avrunin J.Do social influences contribute to occupational differences in quitting smoking and attitudes toward quitting?.Am J Health Promot. 2002 Jan-Feb;16(3):135-41.
- Will JC, Massoudi B, Mokdad A, Ford ES, Rosamond W, Stoddard AM, Palombo SR, Holliday J, Byers T, Ammerman A, Troped P, Sorensen G.Reducing risk for cardiovascular disease in uninsured women: combined results from two WISEWOMAN projects.J Am Med Womens Assoc. 2001 Fall;56(4):161-5.
- Linnan LA, Sorensen G, Colditz G, Klar DN, Emmons KM.Using theory to understand the multiple determinants of low participation in worksite health promotion programs.Health Educ Behav. 2001 Oct;28(5):591-607.
- Sorensen G.Worksite tobacco control programs: the role of occupational health.Respir Physiol. 2001 Oct;128(1):89-102.
- Barbeau EM, Li YI, Sorensen G, Conlan KM, Youngstrom R, Emmons K.Coverage of smoking cessation treatment by union health and welfare funds.Am J Public Health. 2001 Sep;91(9):1412-5.
- Fagan P, Eisenberg M, Stoddard AM, Frazier L, Sorensen G.Social influences, social norms, social support, and smoking behavior among adolescent workers.Am J Health Promot. 2001 Jul-Aug;15(6):414-21.
- Hébert JR, Peterson KE, Hurley TG, Stoddard AM, Cohen N, Field AE, Sorensen G.The effect of social desirability trait on self-reported dietary measures among multi-ethnic female health center employees.Ann Epidemiol. 2001 Aug;11(6):417-27.
- Allen JD, Stoddard AM, Mays J, Sorensen G.Promoting breast and cervical cancer screening at the workplace: results from the Woman to Woman Study.Am J Public Health. 2001 Apr;91(4):584-90.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, Youngstrom R, Emmons K, Barbeau E, Khorasanizadeh F, Levenstein C.Local labor unions' positions on worksite tobacco control.Am J Public Health. 2000 Apr;90(4):618-20.
- Emmons KM, Sorensen G, Klar N, Digianni L, Barclay G, Schmidt K, Hammond SK.Healthy baby second-hand smoke study: project brief.Tob Control. 2000;9 Suppl 3:III58-60.
- Emmons KM, Thompson B, McLerran D, Sorensen G, Linnan L, Basen-Enquist K, Biener L.The relationship between organizational characteristics and the adoption of workplace smoking policies.Health Educ Behav. 2000 Aug;27(4):483-501.
- Hunt MK, Lederman R, Stoddard A, Potter S, Phillips J, Sorensen G.Process tracking results from the Treatwell 5-a-Day Worksite Study.Am J Health Promot. 2000 Jan-Feb;14(3):179-87.
- Hunt MK, Lederman R, Potter S, Stoddard A, Sorensen G.Results of employee involvement in planning and implementing the Treatwell 5-a-Day work-site study.Health Educ Behav. 2000 Apr;27(2):223-31.
- Allen JD, Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, Peterson KE, Colditz G.The relationship between social network characteristics and breast cancer screening practices among employed women.Ann Behav Med. 1999 Summer;21(3):193-200.
- Biener L, Glanz K, McLerran D, Sorensen G, Thompson B, Basen-Engquist K, Linnan L, Varnes J.Impact of the Working Well Trial on the worksite smoking and nutrition environment.Health Educ Behav. 1999 Aug;26(4):478-94.
- Sorensen G, Hunt MK, Cohen N, Stoddard A, Stein E, Phillips J, Baker F, Combe C, Hebert J, Palombo R.Worksite and family education for dietary change: the Treatwell 5-a-Day program.Health Educ Res. 1998 Dec;13(4):577-91.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard A, Peterson K, Cohen N, Hunt MK, Stein E, Palombo R, Lederman R.Increasing fruit and vegetable consumption through worksites and families in the treatwell 5-a-day study.Am J Public Health. 1999 Jan;89(1):54-60.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard A, Hunt MK, Hebert JR, Ockene JK, Avrunin JS, Himmelstein J, Hammond SK.The effects of a health promotion-health protection intervention on behavior change: the WellWorks Study.Am J Public Health. 1998 Nov;88(11):1685-90.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard A, Macario E.Social support and readiness to make dietary changes.Health Educ Behav. 1998 Oct;25(5):586-98.
- Hunt MK, Stoddard AM, Peterson K, Sorensen G, Hebert JR, Cohen N.Comparison of dietary assessment measures in the Treatwell 5 A Day worksite study.J Am Diet Assoc. 1998 Sep;98(9):1021-3.
- Allen JD, Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, Colditz G, Peterson K.Intention to have a mammogram in the future among women who have underused mammography in the past.Health Educ Behav. 1998 Aug;25(4):474-88.
- Macario E, Sorensen G.Spousal similarities in fruit and vegetable consumption.Am J Health Promot. 1998 Jul-Aug;12(6):369-77.
- Sorensen G, Emmons K, Hunt MK, Johnston D.Implications of the results of community intervention trials.Annu Rev Public Health. 1998;19:379-416.
- Macario E, Emmons KM, Sorensen G, Hunt MK, Rudd RE.Factors influencing nutrition education for patients with low literacy skills.J Am Diet Assoc. 1998 May;98(5):559-64.
- Sorensen G.Population-level change in risk factors for cancer.Cancer Causes Control. 1997 Nov;8 Suppl 1:S43-5.
- Sorensen G, Glasgow RE, Topor M, Corbett K.Worksite characteristics and changes in worksite tobacco-control initiatives. Results from the COMMIT study.J Occup Environ Med. 1997 Jun;39(6):520-6.
- Sorensen G, Youngstrom R, Maclachlan C, Gibson SJ, Emmons K, Johnston D, Levenstein C.Labor positions on worksite tobacco control policies: a review of arbitration cases.J Public Health Policy. 1997;18(4):433-52.
- Sorensen G, Thompson B, Glanz K, Feng Z, Kinne S, DiClemente C, Emmons K, Heimendinger J, Probart C, Lichtenstein E.Work site-based cancer prevention: primary results from the Working Well Trial.Am J Public Health. 1996 Jul;86(7):939-47.
- Glanz K, Sorensen G, Farmer A.The health impact of worksite nutrition and cholesterol intervention programs.Am J Health Promot. 1996 Jul-Aug;10(6):453-70.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard A, Ockene JK, Hunt MK, Youngstrom R.Worker participation in an integrated health promotion/health protection program: results from the WellWorks project.Health Educ Q. 1996 May;23(2):191-203.
- Sorensen G, Stoddard A, Hammond SK, Hebert JR, Avrunin JS, Ockene JK.Double jeopardy: workplace hazards and behavioral risks for craftspersons and laborers.Am J Health Promot. 1996 May-Jun;10(5):355-63.
- Hammond SK, Sorensen G, Youngstrom R, Ockene JK.Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke.JAMA. 1995 Sep 27;274(12):956-60.
- Sorensen G, Himmelstein JS, Hunt MK, Youngstrom R, Hebert JR, Hammond SK, Palombo R, Stoddard A, Ockene JK.A model for worksite cancer prevention: integration of health protection and health promotion in the WellWorks Project.Am J Health Promot. 1995 Sep-Oct;10(1):55-62.
- Sorensen G, Beder B, Prible CR, Pinney J.Reducing smoking at the workplace: implementing a smoking ban and hypnotherapy.J Occup Environ Med. 1995 Apr;37(4):453-60.
- Heimendinger J, Feng Z, Emmons K, Stoddard A, Kinne S, Biener L, Sorensen G, Abrams D, Varnes J, Boutwell B.The Working Well Trial: baseline dietary and smoking behaviors of employees and related worksite characteristics. The Working Well Research Group.Prev Med. 1995 Mar;24(2):180-93.
- Havas S, Heimendinger J, Damron D, Nicklas TA, Cowan A, Beresford SA, Sorensen G, Buller D, Bishop D, Baranowski T.5 A Day for better health--nine community research projects to increase fruit and vegetable consumption.Public Health Rep. 1995 Jan-Feb;110(1):68-79.
- Hebert JR, Hurley TG, Hsieh J, Rogers E, Stoddard AM, Sorensen G, Nicolosi RJ.Determinants of plasma vitamins and lipids: the Working Well Study.Am J Epidemiol. 1994 Jul 15;140(2):132-47.
- Abrams DB, Boutwell WB, Grizzle J, Heimendinger J, Sorensen G, Varnes J.Cancer control at the workplace: the Working Well Trial.Prev Med. 1994 Jan;23(1):15-27.
- Hebert JR, Stoddard AM, Harris DR, Sorensen G, Hunt MK, Morris DH, Ockene JK.Measuring the effect of a worksite-based nutrition intervention on food consumption.Ann Epidemiol. 1993 Nov;3(6):629-35.
- Lando HA, Sorensen G, McBride C.Effects of intensity of staff training on program participation in religious organizations and worksites.Am J Health Promot. 1993 Sep-Oct;8(1):19-21, 18.
- Glanz K, Kristal AR, Sorensen G, Palombo R, Heimendinger J, Probart C.Development and validation of measures of psychosocial factors influencing fat- and fiber-related dietary behavior.Prev Med. 1993 May;22(3):373-87.
- Hebert JR, Harris DR, Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, Hunt MK, Morris DH.A work-site nutrition intervention: its effects on the consumption of cancer-related nutrients.Am J Public Health. 1993 Mar;83(3):391-4.
- Sorensen G, Lando H, Pechacek TF.Promoting smoking cessation at the workplace. Results of a randomized controlled intervention study.J Occup Med. 1993 Feb;35(2):121-6.
- Glasgow RE, Sorensen G, Corbett K.Worksite smoking control activities: prevalence and related worksite characteristics from the COMMIT Study, 1990.Prev Med. 1992 Nov;21(6):688-700.
- Sorensen G, Glasgow RE, Corbett K, Topor M.Compliance with worksite nonsmoking policies: baseline results from the COMMIT study of worksites.Am J Health Promot. 1992 Nov-Dec;7(2):103-9.
- Morris DH, Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, Fitzgerald G.Comparison between food choices of working adults and dietary patterns recommended by the National Cancer Institute.J Am Diet Assoc. 1992 Oct;92(10):1272-4.
- Sorensen G, Goldberg R, Ockene J, Klar J, Tannenbaum T, Lemeshow S.Heavy smoking among a sample of employed women.Am J Prev Med. 1992 Jul-Aug;8(4):207-14.
- Sorensen G, Hsieh J, Hunt MK, Morris DH, Harris DR, Fitzgerald G.Employee advisory boards as a vehicle for organizing worksite health promotion programs.Am J Health Promot. 1992 Jul-Aug;6(6):443-50, 464.
- Sorensen G, Morris DM, Hunt MK, Hebert JR, Harris DR, Stoddard A, Ockene JK.Work-site nutrition intervention and employees' dietary habits: the Treatwell program.Am J Public Health. 1992 Jun;82(6):877-80.
- Sorensen G, Rigotti NA, Rosen A, Pinney J, Prible R.Employee knowledge and attitudes about a work-site nonsmoking policy: rationale for further smoking restrictions.J Occup Med. 1991 Nov;33(11):1125-30.
- Sorensen G, Rosen A, Pinney J, Rudolph J, Doyle N.Work-site smoking policies in small businesses.J Occup Med. 1991 Sep;33(9):980-4.
- Sorensen G, Ockene JK.Hospital nonsmoking policies.Arch Intern Med. 1991 Jan;151(1):22-4.
- Heimendinger J, Thompson B, Ockene J, Sorensen G, Abrams D, Emmons K, Varnes J, Eriksen MP, Probart C, Himmelstein J.Reducing the risk of cancer through worksite intervention.Occup Med. 1990 Oct-Dec;5(4):707-23.
- Sorensen G, Pechacek TF.Implementing nonsmoking policies in the private sector and assessing their effects.N Y State J Med. 1989 Jan;89(1):11-5.
- Ockene JK, Sorensen G, Kabat-Zinn J, Ockene IS, Donnelly G.Benefits and costs of lifestyle change to reduce risk of chronic disease.Prev Med. 1988 Mar;17(2):224-34.
- Sorensen G, Jacobs DR, Pirie P, Folsom A, Luepker R, Gillum R.Relationships among type A behavior, employment experiences, and gender: the Minnesota Heart Survey.J Behav Med. 1987 Aug;10(4):323-36.
- Sorensen G, Pechacek TF.Attitudes toward smoking cessation among men and women.J Behav Med. 1987 Apr;10(2):129-37.
- Sorensen G, Verbrugge LM.Women, work, and health.Annu Rev Public Health. 1987;8:235-51.
- Forster JL, Bloom E, Sorensen G, Jeffery RW, Prineas RJ.Reproductive history and body mass index in black and white women.Prev Med. 1986 Nov;15(6):685-91.
- Sorensen G, Pechacek T.Occupational and sex differences in smoking and smoking cessation.J Occup Med. 1986 May;28(5):360-4.
- Sorensen G, Pechacek T, Pallonen U.Occupational and worksite norms and attitudes about smoking cessation.Am J Public Health. 1986 May;76(5):544-9.
- Sorensen G, Pirie P, Folsom A, Luepker R, Jacobs D, Gillum R.Sex differences in the relationship between work and health: the Minnesota Heart Survey.J Health Soc Behav. 1985 Dec;26(4):379-94.