Elizabeth B. Lamont, MD
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Lamont EB, Earle CC, Bozeman SR, McNeil BJ.End-of-life care for older cancer patients in the Veterans Health Administration versus the private sector.Cancer. 2010 Aug 1;116(15):3732-9.
- Oh WK, Landrum MB, Lamont EB, McNeil BJ, Keating NL.Does oral antiandrogen use before leuteinizing hormone-releasing hormone therapy in patients with metastatic prostate cancer prevent clinical consequences of a testosterone flare?.Urology. 2010 Mar;75(3)
- Lamont EB, Landrum MB, Keating NL, Archer L, Lan L, Strauss GM, Lilenbaum R, Niell HB, Maurer LH, Kosty MP, Miller AA, Clamon GH, Elias AD, McClay EF, Vokes EE, McNeil BJ.Differences in clinical trial patient attributes and outcomes according to enrollmen
- Dow LA, Matsuyama RK, Ramakrishnan V, Kuhn L, Lamont EB, Lyckholm L, Smith TJ.Paradoxes in advance care planning: the complex relationship of oncology patients, their physicians, and advance medical directives.J Clin Oncol. 2010 Jan 10;28(2):299-304.
- Eichler AF, Lamont EB.Utility of administrative claims data for the study of brain metastases: a validation study.J. Neurooncol. 2009 Dec;95(3):427-31.
- Lamont EB,Dias LE.Secular changes in NSAID use and invasive colorectal cancer incidence: an ecological study.Cancer J. 2008 Jul-Aug;14(4):276-7.
- Warren JL,Yabroff KR,Meekins A,Topor M,Lamont EB,Brown ML.Evaluation of trends in the cost of initial cancer treatment.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2008 Jun 18;100(12):888-97.
- Yabroff KR, Lamont EB, Mariotto A, Warren JL, Topor M, Meekins A, Brown ML.Cost of care for elderly cancer patients in the United States.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2008 May 7;100(9):630-41.
- Lamont EB, Herndon JE 2nd, Weeks JC, Henderson IC, Lilenbaum R, Schilsky RL, Christakis NA.Measuring clinically significant chemotherapy-related toxicities using Medicare claims from Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) trial participants.Med Care. 2008 Ma
- Lamont EB, Dias LE, Lauderdale DS.NSAIDs and colorectal cancer risk: do administrative data support a chemopreventive effect?.J Gen Intern Med. 2007 Aug;22(8):1166-71.
- Yabroff KR, Davis WW, Lamont EB, Fahey A, Topor M, Brown ML, Warren JL.Patient time costs associated with cancer care.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2007 Jan 3;99(1):14-23.
- Lamont EB, Herndon JE, Weeks JC, Henderson IC, Earle CC, Schilsky RL, Christakis NA,.Measuring disease-free survival and cancer relapse using Medicare claims from CALGB breast cancer trial participants (companion to 9344).J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006 Sep 20;9
- Paskett ED, Schrag D, Kornblith A, Lamont EB, Weeks JC, Marshall JR, Shapiro C, Holland J.Cancer and leukemia group B cancer control and health outcomes committee: origins and accomplishments.Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Jun 1;12(11 Pt 2):3601s-5s. Review.
- Lamont EB.A demographic and prognostic approach to defining the end of life.J Palliat Med. 2005;8 Suppl 1:S12-21. Review.
- Polite BN, Lamont EB.Are venous thromboembolic events associated with subsequent breast and colorectal carcinoma diagnoses in the elderly?: a case-control study of Medicare beneficiaries.Cancer. 2006 Feb 15;106(4):923-30.
- Lamont EB, Herndon JE, Weeks JC, Henderson IC, Lilenbaum R, Schilsky RL, Christakis NA.Criterion validity of Medicare chemotherapy claims in Cancer and Leukemia Group B breast and lung cancer trial participants.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005 Jul 20;97(14):1080-
- Hotte SJ, Winquist EW, Lamont E, MacKenzie M, Vokes E, Chen EX, Brown S, Pond GR, Murgo A, Siu LL.Imatinib mesylate in patients with adenoid cystic cancers of the salivary glands expressing c-kit: a Princess Margaret Hospital phase II consortium study.J C
- Gupta SK, Lamont EB.Patterns of presentation, diagnosis, and treatment in older patients with colon cancer and comorbid dementia.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004 Oct;52(10):1681-7.
- Lamont EB, Lauderdale DS.Low risk of hip fracture among elderly breast cancer survivors.Ann Epidemiol. 2003 Nov;13(10):698-703.
- Lamont EB, Hayreh D, Pickett KE, Dignam JJ, List MA, Stenson KM, Haraf DJ, Brockstein BE, Sellergren SA, Vokes EE.Is patient travel distance associated with survival on phase II clinical trials in oncology?.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003 Sep 17;95(18):1370-5.
- Lamont EB, Christakis NA.Complexities in prognostication in advanced cancer: "to help them live their lives the way they want to".JAMA. 2003 Jul 2;290(1):98-104.
- Lamont EB, Christakis NA, Lauderdale DS.Favorable cardiac risk among elderly breast carcinoma survivors.Cancer. 2003 Jul 1;98(1):2-10.
- Iwashyna TJ, Lamont EB.Effectiveness of adjuvant fluorouracil in clinical practice: a population-based cohort study of elderly patients with stage III colon cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2002 Oct 1;20(19):3992-8.
- Lamont EB, Christakis NA.Physician factors in the timing of cancer patient referral to hospice palliative care.Cancer. 2002 May 15;94(10):2733-7.
- Lamont EB, Vokes EE.Chemotherapy in the management of squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck.Lancet Oncol. 2001 May;2(5):261-9.
- Lamont EB, Lauderdale DS, Schilsky RL, Christakis NA.Construct validity of medicare chemotherapy claims: the case of 5FU.Med Care. 2002 Mar;40(3):201-11.
- Lamont EB, Christakis NA.Prognostic disclosure to patients with cancer near the end of life.Ann Intern Med. 2001 Jun 19;134(12):1096-105.
- Christakis NA, Lamont EB.Extent and determinants of error in doctors' prognoses in terminally ill patients: prospective cohort study.BMJ. 2000 Feb 19;320(7233):469-72.
- Lamont EB, Schilsky RL.The oral fluoropyrimidines in cancer chemotherapy.Clin Cancer Res. 1999 Sep;5(9):2289-96.
- Lamont EB, Christakis NA.Some elements of prognosis in terminal cancer.Oncology (Huntingt). 1999 Aug;13(8):1165-70; discussion 1172-.