Mary B. Landrum, PhD
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Lamont EB, Bozeman SR, Shulman LN, McNeil BJ.Tumor boards and the quality of cancer care.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2013 Jan 16;105(2):113-21.
- Brooks JM, Chrischilles EA, Landrum MB, Wright KB, Fang G, Winer EP, Keating NL.Survival implications associated with variation in mastectomy rates for early-staged breast cancer.Int J Surg Oncol. 2012;2012:127854.
- He Y, Zaslavsky A, Landrum M, Harrington D, Catalano P.Multiple imputation in a large-scale complex survey: a practical guide.Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 2010 Dec;19(6):653-70.
- Keating NL, Beth Landrum M, Arora NK, Malin JL, Ganz PA, van Ryn M, Weeks JC.Cancer patients' roles in treatment decisions: do characteristics of the decision influence roles?.J Clin Oncol. 2010 Oct 1;28(28):4364-70.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Lamont EB, Earle CC, Bozeman SR, McNeil BJ.End-of-life care for older cancer patients in the Veterans Health Administration versus the private sector.Cancer. 2010 Aug 1;116(15):3732-9.
- Rogers SO, Gray SW, Landrum MB, Klabunde CN, Kahn KL, Fletcher RH, Clauser S, Tisnado D, Doucette W, Keating NL.Variations in Surgeon Treatment Recommendations for Lobectomy in Early-Stage Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer by Patient Age and Comorbidity.Ann Surg Oncol. 2010 Jun;17(6):1581-8.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Brooks JM, Chrischilles EA, Winer EP, Wright K, Volya R.Outcomes following local therapy for early-stage breast cancer in non-trial populations.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Apr 8.
- Oh WK, Landrum MB, Lamont EB, McNeil BJ, Keating NL.Does oral antiandrogen use before leuteinizing hormone-releasing hormone therapy in patients with metastatic prostate cancer prevent clinical consequences of a testosterone flare?.Urology. 2010 Mar;75(3):642-7.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Rogers SO, Baum SK, Virnig BA, Huskamp HA, Earle CC, Kahn KL.Physician factors associated with discussions about end-of-life care.Cancer. 2010 Feb 15;116(4):998-1006.
- Lamont EB, Landrum MB, Keating NL, Archer L, Lan L, Strauss GM, Lilenbaum R, Niell HB, Maurer LH, Kosty MP, Miller AA, Clamon GH, Elias AD, McClay EF, Vokes EE, McNeil BJ.Differences in clinical trial patient attributes and outcomes according to enrollment setting.J Clin Oncol. 2010 Jan 10;28(2):215-21.
- Norredam M, Meara E, Landrum MB, Huskamp HA, Keating NL.Financial status, employment, and insurance among older cancer survivors.J Gen Intern Med. 2009 Nov;24 Suppl 2:S438-45.
- Lee IH,Hayman JA,Landrum MB,Tepper J,Tao ML,Goodman KA,Keating NL.Treatment Recommendations for Locally Advanced, Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: The Influence of Physician and Patient Factors.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009 Aug 1;74(5):1376-84.
- Earle CC,Landrum MB,Souza JM,Neville BA,Weeks JC,Ayanian JZ.Aggressiveness of cancer care near the end of life: is it a quality-of-care issue?.J Clin Oncol. 2008 Aug 10;26(23):3860-6. Review.
- Keating NL,Landrum MB,Klabunde CN,Fletcher RH,Rogers SO,Doucette WR,Tisnado D,Clauser S,Kahn KL.Adjuvant chemotherapy for stage III colon cancer: do physicians agree about the importance of patient age and comorbidity?.J Clin Oncol. 2008 May 20;26(15):2532-7.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Klabunde CN, Fletcher RH, Rogers SO, Doucette WR, Tisnado D, Clauser S, Kahn KL.Adjuvant chemotherapy for stage III colon cancer: do physicians agree about the importance of patient age and comorbidity?.J Clin Oncol.;26:2532-7.
- Landrum MB, Meara ER, Chandra A, Guadagnoli E, Keating NL.Is spending more always wasteful? The appropriateness of care and outcomes among colorectal cancer patients.Health Aff (Millwood). 2008 Jan-Feb;27(1):159-68.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Guadagnoli E, Winer EP, Ayanian JZ.Care in the months before death and hospice enrollment among older women with advanced breast cancer.J Gen Intern Med. 2008 Jan;23(1):11-8.
- Huskamp HA, Deverka PA, Landrum MB, Epstein RS, McGuigan KA.The effect of three-tier formulary adoption on medication continuation and spending among elderly retirees.Health Serv Res. 2007 Oct;42(5):1926-42.
- Hasnain-Wynia R, Baker DW, Nerenz D, Feinglass J, Beal AC, Landrum MB, Behal R, Weissman JS.Disparities in health care are driven by where minority patients seek care: examination of the hospital quality alliance measures.Arch Intern Med. 2007 Jun 25;167(12):1233-9.
- Busch AB, Huskamp HA, Landrum MB.Quality of care in a medicaid population with bipolar I disorder.Psychiatr Serv. 2007 Jun;58(6):848-54.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Landon BE, Ayanian JZ, Borbas C, Guadagnoli E.The influence of cost containment strategies and physicians' financial arrangements on patients' trust and satisfaction.J Ambul Care Manage. 2007 Apr-Jun;30(2):92-104.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Guadagnoli E, Winer EP, Ayanian JZ.Surveillance testing among survivors of early-stage breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2007 Mar 20;25(9):1074-81.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Meara E, Ganz PA, Guadagnoli E.Managed care market share and primary treatment for cancer.Health Serv Res. 2006 Feb;41(1):9-22.
- Keating NL, Nørredam M, Landrum MB, Huskamp HA, Meara E.Physical and mental health status of older long-term cancer survivors.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005 Dec;53(12):2145-52.
- Huskamp HA, Deverka PA, Landrum MB, Epstein RS, McGuigan KA.The effect of three-tier formulary adoption on medication continuation and spending among elderly retirees.Health Affairs. 2007:in press.
- Rosenthal MB, Landrum MB, Meara E, Huskamp HA, Conti RM, Keating NL.Using performance data to identify preferred hospitals.Health Serv Res. 2007:in press.
- Hasnain-Wynia R, Baker DW, Nerenz D, Feinglass J, Beal AC, Landrum MB, Behal R, Weissman JS.Disparities in Health Care Driven by Where Minority Patient Seek Care: Examination of the Hospital Quality Alliance Measures.Arch Intern Med. 2007:in press.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Guadagnoli E, Winer EP, Ayanian JZ.Factors related to underuse of surveillance mammography among breast cancer survivors.J Clin Oncol. 2006 Jan 1;24(1):85-94.
- Earle CC, Neville BA, Beth Landrum M, Souza JM, Weeks JC, Block SD, Grunfeld E, Ayanian JZ.Evaluating claims-based indicators of the intensity of end-of-life cancer care.Int J Qual Health Care. 2005 Dec;17(6):505-9.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Meara E, Ganz PA, Guadagnoli E.Do increases in the market share of managed care influence quality of cancer care in the fee-for-service sector?.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005 Feb 16;97(4):257-64.
- Earle CC, Neville BA, Landrum MB, Ayanian JZ, Block SD, Weeks JC.Trends in the aggressiveness of cancer care near the end of life.J Clin Oncol. 2004 Jan 15;22(2):315-21.
- Keating NL, Landrum MB, Ayanian JZ, Winer EP, Guadagnoli E.Consultation with a medical oncologist before surgery and type of surgery among elderly women with early-stage breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2003 Dec 15;21(24):4532-9.
- Garg PP, Landrum MB, Normand SL, Ayanian JZ, Hauptman PJ, Ryan TJ, McNeil BJ, Guadagnoli E.Understanding individual and small area variation in the underuse of coronary angiography following acute myocardial infarction.Med Care. 2002 Jul;40(7):614-26.
- Silliman RA, Guadagnoli E, Rakowski W, Landrum MB, Lash TL, Wolf R, Fink A, Ganz PA, Gurwitz J, Borbas C, Mor V.Adjuvant tamoxifen prescription in women 65 years and older with primary breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2002 Jun 1;20(11):2680-8.
- Ayanian JZ, Landrum MB, McNeil BJ.Use of cholesterol-lowering therapy by elderly adults after myocardial infarction.Arch Intern Med. 2002 May 13;162(9):1013-9.
- Bronskill SE, Normand SL, Landrum MB, Rosenheck RA.Longitudinal profiles of health care providers.Stat Med. 2002 Apr 30;21(8):1067-88.
- Keating NL, Guadagnoli E, Landrum MB, Borbas C, Weeks JC.Treatment decision making in early-stage breast cancer: should surgeons match patients' desired level of involvement?.J Clin Oncol. 2002 Mar 15;20(6):1473-9.
- Cutler DM, Gruber J, Hartman RS, Landrum MB, Newhouse JP, Rosenthal MB.The economic impacts of the tobacco settlement.J Policy Anal Manage. 2002 Winter;21(1):1-19.
- Ayanian JZ, Landon BE, Landrum MB, Grana JR, McNeil BJ.Use of cholesterol-lowering therapy and related beliefs among middle-aged adults after myocardial infarction.J Gen Intern Med. 2002 Feb;17(2):95-102.
- Gurwitz JH, Guadagnoli E, Landrum MB, Silliman RA, Wolf R, Weeks JC.The treating physician as active gatekeeper in the recruitment of research subjects.Med Care. 2001 Dec;39(12):1339-44.
- Landrum MB, Becker MP.A multiple imputation strategy for incomplete longitudinal data.Stat Med. 2001 Sep 15-30;20(17-18):2741-60.
- Keating NL, Weeks JC, Landrum MB, Borbas C, Guadagnoli E.Discussion of treatment options for early-stage breast cancer: effect of provider specialty on type of surgery and satisfaction.Med Care. 2001 Jul;39(7):681-91.
- Seddon ME, Ayanian JZ, Landrum MB, Cleary PD, Peterson EA, Gahart MT, McNeil BJ.Quality of ambulatory care after myocardial infarction among Medicare patients by type of insurance and region.Am J Med. 2001 Jul;111(1):24-32.
- Guadagnoli E, Landrum MB, Normand SL, Ayanian JZ, Garg P, Hauptman PJ, Ryan TJ, McNeil BJ.Impact of underuse, overuse, and discretionary use on geographic variation in the use of coronary angiography after acute myocardial infarction.Med Care. 2001 May;39(5):446-58.
- Normand ST, Landrum MB, Guadagnoli E, Ayanian JZ, Ryan TJ, Cleary PD, McNeil BJ.Validating recommendations for coronary angiography following acute myocardial infarction in the elderly: a matched analysis using propensity scores.J Clin Epidemiol. 2001 Apr;54(4):387-98.
- Guadagnoli E, Landrum MB, Peterson EA, Gahart MT, Ryan TJ, McNeil BJ.Appropriateness of coronary angiography after myocardial infarction among Medicare beneficiaries. Managed care versus fee for service.N Engl J Med. 2000 Nov 16;343(20):1460-6.
- Landrum MB, McNeil BJ, Silva L, Normand SL.Understanding variability in physician ratings of the appropriateness of coronary angiography after acute myocardial infarction.J Clin Epidemiol. 1999 Apr;52(4):309-19.
- Landrum MB, Normand SL.Applying Bayesian ideas to the development of medical guidelines.Stat Med. 1999 Jan 30;18(2):117-37.
- Ayanian JZ, Landrum MB, Normand SL, Guadagnoli E, McNeil BJ.Rating the appropriateness of coronary angiography--do practicing physicians agree with an expert panel and with each other?.N Engl J Med. 1998 Jun 25;338(26):1896-904.