Elyse R. Park, PhD
- Mueller EL, Park ER, Davis MM.What the affordable care act means for survivors of pediatric cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2014 Mar 1;32(7):615-7.
- Kirchhoff AC, Montenegro RE, Warner EL, Wright J, Fluchel M, Stroup AM, Park ER, Kinney AY.Childhood cancer survivors' primary care and follow-up experiences.Support Care Cancer. 2014 Feb 5.
- Traeger L, Cannon S, Keating NL, Pirl WF, Lathan C, Martin MY, He Y, Park ER.Race by sex differences in depression symptoms and psychosocial service use among non-Hispanic black and white patients with lung cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2014 Jan 10;32(2):107-13.
- El-Jawahri A, Traeger L, Park ER, Greer JA, Pirl WF, Lennes IT, Jackson VA, Gallagher ER, Temel JS.Associations among prognostic understanding, quality of life, and mood in patients with advanced cancer.Cancer. 2014 Jan 15;120(2):278-85.
- Park ER, Streck JM, Gareen IF, Ostroff JS, Hyland KA, Rigotti NA, Pajolek H, Nichter M.A qualitative study of lung cancer risk perceptions and smoking beliefs among national lung screening trial participants.Nicotine Tob Res. 2014 Feb;16(2):166-73.
- Smith KB, Wang DL, Plotkin SR, Park ER.Appearance concerns among women with neurofibromatosis: examining sexual/bodily and social self-consciousness.Psycho Oncology. 2013 Dec;22(12):2711-9.
- Warner EL, Park ER, Stroup A, Kinney AY, Kirchhoff AC.Childhood cancer survivors' familiarity with and opinions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.J Oncol Pract. 2013 Sep;9(5):246-50.
- Traeger L, Park ER, Sporn N, Repper-DeLisi J, Convery MS, Jacobo M, Pirl WF.Development and evaluation of targeted psychological skills training for oncology nurses in managing stressful patient and family encounters.Oncol Nurs Forum. 2013 Jul;40(4):E327-36.
- Gray SW, Hicks-Courant K, Lathan CS, Garraway L, Park ER, Weeks JC.Attitudes of patients with cancer about personalized medicine and somatic genetic testing.J Oncol Pract. 2012 Nov;8(6):329-35, 2 p following 335.
- Traeger L, Cannon S, Pirl WF, Park ER.Depression and undertreatment of depression: potential risks and outcomes in black patients with lung cancer.J Psychosoc Oncol. 2013 Mar;31(2):123-35.
- Park ER, Gareen IF, Jain A, Ostroff JS, Duan F, Sicks JD, Rakowski W, Diefenbach M, Rigotti NA.Examining whether lung screening changes risk perceptions: National Lung Screening Trial participants at 1-year follow-up.Cancer. 2013 Apr 1;119(7):1306-13.
- Yoong J, Park ER, Greer JA, Jackson VA, Gallagher ER, Pirl WF, Back AL, Temel JS.Early palliative care in advanced lung cancer: a qualitative study.JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Feb 25;173(4):283-90.
- Temel JS, Greer JA, Gallagher ER, Jackson VA, Lennes IT, Muzikansky A, Park ER, Pirl WF.Electronic prompt to improve outpatient code status documentation for patients with advanced lung cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2013 Feb 20;31(6):710-5.
- Muriel AC, Moore CW, Baer L, Park ER, Kornblith AB, Pirl W, Prigerson H, Ing J, Rauch PK.Measuring psychosocial distress and parenting concerns among adults with cancer: The Parenting Concerns Questionnaire.Cancer. 2012 Nov 15;118(22):5671-8.
- Greer JA, Traeger L, Bemis H, Solis J, Hendriksen ES, Park ER, Pirl WF, Temel JS, Prigerson HG, Safren SA.A pilot randomized controlled trial of brief cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety in patients with terminal cancer.Oncologist. 2012;17(10):1337-45.
- Park ER, Kirchhoff AC, Zallen JP, Weissman JS, Pajolek H, Mertens AC, Armstrong GT, Robison LL, Donelan K, Recklitis CJ, Diller LR, Kuhlthau KA.Childhood Cancer Survivor Study participants' perceptions and knowledge of health insurance coverage: implications for the Affordable Care Act.J Cancer Surviv. 2012 Sep;6(3):251-9.
- Wang DL, Smith KB, Esparza S, Leigh FA, Muzikansky A, Park ER, Plotkin SR.Emotional functioning of patients with neurofibromatosis tumor suppressor syndrome.Genet Med. 2012 Aug 9.
- Japuntich SJ, Regan S, Viana J, Tymoszcuk J, Reyen M, Levy DE, Singer DE, Park ER, Chang Y, Rigotti NA.Comparative effectiveness of post-discharge interventions for hospitalized smokers: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2012 Aug 1;13(1):124.
- Kirchhoff AC, Kuhlthau K, Pajolek H, Leisenring W, Armstrong GT, Robison LL, Park ER.Employer-sponsored health insurance coverage limitations: results from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.Support Care Cancer. 2012 Jun 21.
- Park ER, Japuntich S, Temel J, Lanuti M, Pandiscio J, Hilgenberg J, Davies D, Dresler C, Rigotti NA.A Smoking Cessation Intervention for Thoracic Surgery and Oncology Clinics: A Pilot Trial.J Thorac Oncol. 2011 Apr 20.
- Park ER, Kleimann S, Youatt EJ, Lockhart A, Campbell EG, Levy DE, Halbert CH, Schmieder E, Krishna R, Shields AE.Black and White adults' perspectives on the genetics of nicotine addiction susceptibility.Addict Behav. 2011 Feb 25.
- Markowitz SM, Park ER, Delahanty LM, O'Brien KE, Grant RW.Perceived impact of diabetes genetic risk testing among patients at high phenotypic risk for type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2011 Mar;34(3):568-73.
- Iezzoni LI, Park ER, Kilbridge KL.Implications of mobility impairment on the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011 Jan;20(1):45-52.
- Kirchhoff AC, Krull KR, Ness KK, Park ER, Oeffinger KC, Hudson MM, Stovall M, Robison LL, Wickizer T, Leisenring W.Occupational outcomes of adult childhood cancer survivors: A report from the childhood cancer survivor study.Cancer. 2011 Jan 18.
- Greer JA, Park ER, Prigerson HG, Safren SA.Tailoring Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy to Treat Anxiety Comorbid with Advanced Cancer.Journal Of Cognitive Psychotherapy. 2010 Jan 1;24(4):294-313.
- Chun MB, Jackson DS, Lin SY, Park ER.A comparison of surgery and family medicine residents' perceptions of cross-cultural care training.Hawaii Med J. 2010 Dec;69(12):289-93.
- Grant RW, Pabon-Nau L, Ross KM, Youatt EJ, Pandiscio JC, Park ER.Diabetes Oral Medication Initiation and Intensification: Patient Views Compared with Current Treatment Guidelines.Diabetes Educ. 2010 Nov 29.
- Iezzoni LI, Kilbridge K, Park ER.Physical access barriers to care for diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer among women with mobility impairments.Oncol Nurs Forum. 2010 Nov 1;37(6):711-7.
- Kirchhoff AC, Leisenring W, Krull KR, Ness KK, Friedman DL, Armstrong GT, Stovall M, Park ER, Oeffinger KC, Hudson MM, Robison LL, Wickizer T.Unemployment among adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study.Med Care. 2010 Nov;48(11):1015-25.
- Winickoff JP, Healey EA, Regan S, Park ER, Cole C, Friebely J, Rigotti NA.Using the postpartum hospital stay to address mothers' and fathers' smoking: the NEWS study.Pediatrics. 2010 Mar;125(3):518-25.
- Pollitt RA, Geller AC, Brooks DR, Johnson TM, Park ER, Swetter SM.Efficacy of Skin Self-Examination Practices for Early Melanoma Detection.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009 Nov;18(11):3018-23.
- Park ER, Bober SL, Campbell EG, Recklitis CJ, Kutner JS, Diller L.General internist communication about sexual function with cancer survivors.J Gen Intern Med. 2009 Nov;24 Suppl 2:S407-11.
- Park ER, Ostroff JS, Rakowski W, Gareen IF, Diefenbach MA, Feibelmann S, Rigotti NA.Risk perceptions among participants undergoing lung cancer screening: baseline results from the national lung screening trial.Ann Behav Med. 2009 Jun;37(3):268-79.
- Bober SL, Recklitis CJ, Campbell EG, Park ER, Kutner JS, Najita JS, Diller L.Caring for cancer survivors: a survey of primary care physicians.Cancer. 2009 Sep 15;115(18 Suppl):4409-18.
- Park ER, Chang Y, Quinn VP, Ross K, Rigotti NA.Perceived support to stay quit: what happens after delivery?.Addict Behav. 2009 Dec;34(12):1000-4.
- Park ER, Chun MB, Betancourt JR, Green AR, Weissman JS.Measuring residents' perceived preparedness and skillfulness to deliver cross-cultural care.J Gen Intern Med. 2009 Sep;24(9):1053-6.
- Park ER,Chang Y,Quinn V,Regan S,Cohen L,Viguera A,Psaros C,Ross K,Rigotti N.The association of depressive, anxiety, and stress symptoms and postpartum relapse to smoking: a longitudinal study.Nicotine Tob Res. 2009 Jun;11(6):707-14.
- Dogra N,Betancourt JR,Park ER,Sprague-Martinez L.The relationship between drivers and policy in the implementation of cultural competency training in health care.J Natl Med Assoc. 2009 Feb;101(2):127-33.
- Park ER,Norris RL,Bober SL.Sexual health communication during cancer care: barriers and recommendations.Cancer J. 2009 Jan-Feb;15(1):74-7.
- Greer JA,Pirl WF,Park ER,Lynch TJ,Temel JS.Behavioral and psychological predictors of chemotherapy adherence in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.J Psychosom Res. 2008 Dec;65(6):549-52.
- Green AR,Betancourt JR,Park ER,Greer JA,Donahue EJ,Weissman JS.Providing culturally competent care: residents in HRSA Title VII funded residency programs feel better prepared.Acad Med. 2008 Nov;83(11):1071-9.
- Winickoff JP,Park ER,Hipple BJ,Berkowitz A,Vieira C,Friebely J,Healey EA,Rigotti NA.Clinical effort against secondhand smoke exposure: development of framework and intervention.Pediatrics. 2008 Aug;122(2):e363-75.
- Berg CJ,Park ER,Chang Y,Rigotti NA.Is concern about post-cessation weight gain a barrier to smoking cessation among pregnant women?.Nicotine Tob Res. 2008 Jul;10(7):1159-63.
- Head JG,Storfer-Isser A,O'Connor KG,Hoagwood KE,Kelleher KJ,Heneghan AM,Park ER,Chaudron LH,Stein RE,Horwitz SM.Does education influence pediatricians' perceptions of physician-specific barriers for maternal depression?.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2008 Sep;47(7):670-8.
- Weinick RM,Wilcox SR,Park ER,Griffey RT,Weissman JS.Use of advance directives for nursing home residents in the emergency department.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2008 Jun-Jul;25(3):179-83.
- Rigotti NA, Park ER, Chang Y, Regan S.Smoking cessation medication use among pregnant and postpartum smokers.Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Feb;111(2):348-55.
- Greer JA, Park ER, Green AR, Betancourt JR, Weissman JS.Primary Care Resident Perceived Preparedness to Deliver Cross-cultural Care: An Examination of Training and Specialty Differences.J Gen Intern Med. 2007 Aug;22(8):1107-13.
- Bober SL, Park ER, Schmookler T, Medeiros Nancarrow C, Diller L.Perceptions of breast cancer risk and cancer screening: a qualitative study of young, female Hodgkin's disease survivors.J Cancer Educ. 2007;22(1):42-6.
- Park ER, Storfer-Isser A, Kelleher KJ, Stein RE, Heneghan AM, Chaudron L, Hoagwood KE, O'connor KG, Horwitz SM.In the moment: attitudinal measure of pediatrician management of maternal depression.Ambul Pediatr. 2007 May-Jun;7(3):239-46.
- Park ER, Weiss ES, Moy B.Recruiting and enrolling minority patients to cancer clinical trials.Journal of Community Oncology. 4:254-7.
- Park ER, Kleimann S, Pelan JA, Shields AE.Anticipating clinical integration of genetically tailored tobacco dependence treatment: perspectives of primary care physicians.Nicotine Tob Res. 2007 Feb;9(2):271-9.
- Heneghan AM, Chaudron LH, Storfer-Isser A, Park ER, Kelleher KJ, Stein RE, Hoagwood KE, O'Connor KG, Horwitz SM.Factors associated with identification and management of maternal depression by pediatricians.Pediatrics. 2007 Mar;119(3):444-54.
- Park ER, Quinn VP, Chang Y, Regan S, Loudin B, Cummins S, Perry K, Rigotti NA.Recruiting pregnant smokers into a clinical trial: using a network-model managed care organization versus community-based practices.Prev Med. 2007 Mar;44(3):223-9.
- Horwitz SM, Kelleher KJ, Stein RE, Storfer-Isser A, Youngstrom EA, Park ER, Heneghan AM, Jensen PS, O'Connor KG, Hoagwood KE.Barriers to the identification and management of psychosocial issues in children and maternal depression.Pediatrics. 2007 Jan;119(1):e208-18.
- Duffey-Lind EC, O'Holleran E, Healey M, Vettese M, Diller L, Park ER.Transitioning to survivorship: a pilot study.J Pediatr Oncol Nurs. 2006 Nov-Dec;23(6):335-43.
- Lee KC, Winickoff JP, Kim MK, Campbell EG, Betancourt JR, Park ER, Maina AW, Weissman JS.Resident physicians' use of professional and nonprofessional interpreters: a national survey.JAMA. 2006 Sep 6;296(9):1050-3.
- Moy B, Park ER, Feibelmann S, Chiang S, Weissman JS.Barriers to repeat mammography: cultural perspectives of African-American, Asian, and Hispanic women.Psychooncology. 2006 Jul;15(7):623-34.
- Rigotti NA, Park ER, Regan S, Chang Y, Perry K, Loudin B, Quinn V.Efficacy of telephone counseling for pregnant smokers: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Jul;108(1):83-92.
- Park ER, Puleo E, Butterfield RM, Zorn M, Mertens AC, Gritz ER, Li FP, Emmons KM.A process evaluation of a telephone-based peer-delivered smoking cessation intervention for adult survivors of childhood cancer: The partnership for health study.Prev Med. 2006 Jun;42(6):435-42.
- Park ER, Betancourt JR, Miller E, Nathan M, MacDonald E, Ananeh-Firempong O, Stone VE.Internal medicine residents' perceptions of cross-cultural training. Barriers, needs, and educational recommendations.J Gen Intern Med. 2006 May;21(5):476-80.
- Park ER, Li FP, Liu Y, Emmons KM, Ablin A, Robison LL, Mertens AC.Health insurance coverage in survivors of childhood cancer: the childhood cancer survivor study.J Clin Oncol. 2005 Dec 20;23(36):9187-97.
- Weissman JS, Betancourt J, Campbell EG, Park ER, Kim M, Clarridge B, Blumenthal D, Lee KC, Maina AW.Resident physicians' preparedness to provide cross-cultural care.JAMA. 2005 Sep 7;294(9):1058-67.
- Park ER, Betancourt JR, Kim MK, Maina AW, Blumenthal D, Weissman JS.Mixed messages: residents' experiences learning cross-cultural care.Acad Med. 2005 Sep;80(9):874-80.
- Emmons KM, Puleo E, Park E, Gritz ER, Butterfield RM, Weeks JC, Mertens A, Li FP.Peer-delivered smoking counseling for childhood cancer survivors increases rate of cessation: the partnership for health study.J Clin Oncol. 2005 Sep 20;23(27):6516-23.
- Park ER, Wolfe TJ, Gokhale M, Winickoff JP, Rigotti NA.Perceived preparedness to provide preventive counseling: reports of graduating primary care residents at academic health centers.J Gen Intern Med. 2005 May;20(5):386-91.
- Park ER.Book review.J Gen Intern Med. 2005 Mar;20(3):314.
- Betancourt JR, Green AR, Carrillo JE, Park ER.Cultural competence and health care disparities: key perspectives and trends.Health Aff (Millwood). 2005 Mar-Apr;24(2):499-505.
- Rose AF, Schnipper JL, Park ER, Poon EG, Li Q, Middleton B.Using qualitative studies to improve the usability of an EMR.J Biomed Inform. 2005 Feb;38(1):51-60.
- Butterfield RM, Park ER, Puleo E, Mertens A, Gritz ER, Li FP, Emmons K.Multiple risk behaviors among smokers in the childhood cancer survivors study cohort.Psychooncology. 2004 Sep;13(9):619-29.
- Nash JM, Park ER, Walker BB, Gordon N, Nicholson RA.Cognitive-behavioral group treatment for disabling headache.Pain Med. 2004 Jun;5(2):178-86.
- Park ER, DePue JD, Goldstein MG, Niaura R, Harlow LL, Willey C, Rakowski W, Prokhorov AV.Assessing the transtheoretical model of change constructs for physicians counseling smokers.Ann Behav Med. 2003 Spring;25(2):120-6.
- Earle CC, Park ER, Lai B, Weeks JC, Ayanian JZ, Block S.Identifying potential indicators of the quality of end-of-life cancer care from administrative data.J Clin Oncol. 2003 Mar 15;21(6):1133-8.
- Goldstein MG, Niaura R, Willey C, Kazura A, Rakowski W, DePue J, Park E.An academic detailing intervention to disseminate physician-delivered smoking cessation counseling: smoking cessation outcomes of the Physicians Counseling Smokers Project.Prev Med. 2003 Feb;36(2):185-96.
- Park EB, Emmons KM, Malloy NW, Seifer E.A qualitative exploration of health perceptions and behaviors among adult survivors of childhood cancers.J Cancer Educ. 2002 Winter;17(4):211-5.
- Emmons KM, Butterfield RM, Puleo E, Park ER, Mertens A, Gritz ER, Lahti M, Li FP.Smoking among participants in the childhood cancer survivors cohort: the Partnership for Health Study.J Clin Oncol. 2003 Jan 15;21(2):189-96.
- Sciamanna CN, DePue JD, Goldstein MG, Park ER, Gans KM, Monroe AD, Reiss PT.Nutrition counseling in the promoting cancer prevention in primary care study.Prev Med. 2002 Nov;35(5):437-46.
- Carter J, Park ER, Moadel A, Cleary SD, Morgan C.Cancer knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and practices (KABP) of disadvantaged women in the South Bronx.J Cancer Educ. 2002 Fall;17(3):142-9.
- Park ER, MacDonald Gross NA, Goldstein MG, DePue JD, Hecht JP, Eaton CA, Niaura R, Dube CE.Physician recruitment for a community-based smoking cessation intervention.J Fam Pract. 2002 Jan;51(1):70.
- Pinto BM, Maruyama NC, Clark MM, Cruess DG, Park E, Roberts M.Motivation to modify lifestyle risk behaviors in women treated for breast cancer.Mayo Clin Proc. 2002 Feb;77(2):122-9.
- Park E, Eaton CA, Goldstein MG, DePue J, Niaura R, Guadagnoli E, MacDonald Gross N, Dube C.The development of a decisional balance measure of physician smoking cessation interventions.Prev Med. 2001 Oct;33(4):261-7.
- Morgan C, Park E, Cortes DE.Beliefs, knowledge, and behavior about cancer among urban Hispanic women.J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 1995(18):57-63.