Steven Joffe, MD, MPH
- McCarthy PL, Hahn T, Hassebroek A, Bredeson C, Gajewski J, Hale G, Isola L, Lazarus HM, Lee SJ, Lemaistre CF, Loberiza F, Maziarz RT, Douglas Rizzo J, Joffe S, Parsons S, Majhail NS.Trends in utilization and survival after autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation in North America from 1995 to 2005: Significant improvement in survival for lymphoma and myeloma during a period of increasing recipient age.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013 May 6.
- Ramoni RB, McGuire AL, Robinson JO, Morley DS, Plon SE, Joffe S.Experiences and attitudes of genome investigators regarding return of individual genetic test results.Genet Med. 2013 May 2.
- Jimenez R, Zhang B, Joffe S, Nilsson M, Rivera L, Mutchler J, Lathan C, Paulk ME, Prigerson HG.Clinical trial participation among ethnic/racial minority and majority patients with advanced cancer: what factors most influence enrollment?.J Palliat Med. 2013 Mar;16(3):256-62.
- Miller FG, Joffe S.Phase 1 oncology trials and informed consent.J Med Ethics. 2012 Nov 17.
- Fernandez CV, Ruccione K, Wells RJ, Long JB, Pelletier W, Hooke MC, Pentz RD, Noll RB, Baker JN, O'Leary M, Reaman G, Adamson PC, Joffe S.Recommendations for the Return of Research Results to Study Participants and Guardians: A Report From the Children's Oncology Group.J Clin Oncol. 2012 Oct 29.
- Joffe S, Kodish E.Protecting the rights and interests of pediatric stem cell donors.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011 Apr;56(4):517-9.
- Miller FG, Joffe S.Equipoise and the dilemma of randomized clinical trials.N Engl J Med. 2011 Feb 3;364(5):476-80.
- Truong TH, Weeks JC, Cook EF, Joffe S.Outcomes of informed consent among parents of children in cancer clinical trials.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011 Jan 28.
- Rose SL, Krzyzanowska MK, Joffe S.Relationships between authorship contributions and authors' industry financial ties among oncology clinical trials.J Clin Oncol. 2010 Mar 10;28(8):1316-21.
- Joffe S.Framing the benefits of cancer clinical trials.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010 Mar;164(3):293-4.
- Dussel V, Joffe S, Hilden JM, Watterson-Schaeffer J, Weeks JC, Wolfe J.Considerations about hastening death among parents of children who die of cancer.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010 Mar;164(3):231-7.
- Lidz CW, Appelbaum PS, Joffe S, Albert K, Rosenbaum J, Simon L.Competing commitments in clinical trials.IRB.;31(5):1-6.
- Kesselheim JC,Lehmann LE,Styron NF,Joffe S.Is blood thicker than water?: ethics of hematopoietic stem cell donation by biological siblings of adopted children.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009 May;163(5):413-6.
- Thornley I,Eapen M,Sung L,Lee SJ,Davies SM,Joffe S.Private cord blood banking: experiences and views of pediatric hematopoietic cell transplantation physicians.Pediatrics. 2009 Mar;123(3):1011-7.
- Stroustrup A,Kornetsky S,Joffe S.Knowledge of regulations governing pediatric research: a pilot study.IRB. 2008 Sep-Oct;30(5):1-7.
- Lee SJ,Astigarraga CC,Eapen M,Artz AS,Davies SM,Champlin R,Jagasia M,Kernan NA,Loberiza FR Jr,Bevans M,Soiffer RJ,Joffe S.Variation in supportive care practices in hematopoietic cell transplantation.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2008 Nov;14(11):1231-8.
- Lipton J,Joffe S,Ullrich NJ.CNS relapse of acute myelogenous leukemia masquerading as pseudotumor cerebri.Pediatr Neurol. 2008 Nov;39(5):355-7.
- Mack JW,Joffe S,Hilden JM,Watterson J,Moore C,Weeks JC,Wolfe J.Parents' views of cancer-directed therapy for children with no realistic chance for cure.J Clin Oncol. 2008 Oct 10;26(29):4759-64.
- Miller FG,Mello MM,Joffe S.Incidental findings in human subjects research: what do investigators owe research participants?.J Law Med Ethics. 2008 Summer;36(2):271-9, 211.
- Joffe S, Miller FG.Bench to bedside: mapping the moral terrain of clinical research.Hastings Cent Rep. 2008 Mar-Apr;38(2):30-42. Review.
- Lee SJ, Joffe S, Artz AS, Champlin RE, Davies SM, Jagasia M, Kernan NA, Loberiza FR Jr, Soiffer RJ, Eapen M.Individual physician practice variation in hematopoietic cell transplantation.J Clin Oncol. 2008 May 1;26(13):2162-70.
- Henderson GE, Churchill LR, Davis AM, Easter MM, Grady C, Joffe S, Kass N, King NM, Lidz CW, Miller FG, Nelson DK, Peppercorn J, Rothschild BB, Sankar P, Wilfond BS, Zimmer CR.Clinical trials and medical care: defining the therapeutic misconception.PLoS Med. 2007 Nov 27;4(11):e324.
- Miller FG, Joffe S.Evaluating the therapeutic misconception.Kennedy Inst Ethics J. 2006 Dec;16(4):353-66.
- Hampson LA, Joffe S, Fowler R, Verter J, Emanuel EJ.Frequency, type, and monetary value of financial conflicts of interest in cancer clinical research.J Clin Oncol. 2007 Aug 20;25(24):3609-14.
- Mello MM, Joffe S.Compact versus contract--industry sponsors' obligations to their research subjects.N Engl J Med. 2007 Jun 28;356(26):2737-43.
- Joffe S, Mello MM, Cook EF, Lee SJ.Advance care planning in patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2007 Jan;13(1):65-73.
- Pentz RD, Joffe S, Emanuel EJ, Schnipper LE, Haskell CM, Tannock IF.ASCO core values.J Clin Oncol. 2006 Dec 20;24(36):5780-2.
- Joffe S, Fernandez CV, Pentz RD, Ungar DR, Mathew NA, Turner CW, Alessandri AJ, Woodman CL, Singer DA, Kodish E.Involving children with cancer in decision-making about research participation.J Pediatr. 2006 Dec;149(6):862-868. Review.
- Hampson LA, Agrawal M, Joffe S, Gross CP, Verter J, Emanuel EJ.Patients' views on financial conflicts of interest in cancer research trials.N Engl J Med. 2006 Nov 30;355(22):2330-7.
- Schneider KA, Chittenden AB, Branda KJ, Keenan MA, Joffe S, Patenaude AF, Reynolds H, Dent K, Eubanks S, Goldman J, Leroy B, Warren NS, Taylor K, Vockley CW, Garber JE.Ethical issues in cancer genetics: I 1) whose information is it?.J Genet Couns. 2006 Dec;15(6):491-503.
- Joffe S.Altruistic discourse and therapeutic misconception in research informed consent.Am J Bioeth. 2006 Sep-Oct;6(5):53-4.
- Ungar D, Joffe S, Kodish E.Children are not small adults: documentation of assent for research involving children.J Pediatr. 2006 Jul;149(1 Suppl):S31-3.
- Joffe S, Miller FG.Rethinking risk-benefit assessment for phase I cancer trials.J Clin Oncol. 2006 Jul 1;24(19):2987-90.
- Abel GA, Penson RT, Joffe S, Schapira L, Chabner BA, Lynch TJ.Direct-to-consumer advertising in oncology.Oncologist. 2006 Feb;11(2):217-26.
- Little MO, Moczynski WV, Richardson PG, Joffe S.Dana-Farber Cancer Institute ethics rounds: life-threatening illness and the desire to adopt.Kennedy Inst Ethics J. 2005 Dec;15(4):385-93.
- del Carmen MG, Joffe S.Informed consent for medical treatment and research: a review.Oncologist. 2005 Sep;10(8):636-41.
- Joffe S, Simon C.Informed consent from the doctor?.Hastings Cent Rep. 2004 Jul-Aug;34(4):12; discussion 12-3.
- Lee SJ, Joffe S, Kim HT, Socie G, Gilman AL, Wingard JR, Horowitz MM, Cella D, Syrjala KL.Physicians' attitudes about quality of life issues in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.Blood. 2004 Oct 1;104(7):2194-200.
- Joffe S, Harrington DP, George SL, Emanuel EJ, Budzinski LA, Weeks JC.Satisfaction of the uncertainty principle in cancer clinical trials: retrospective cohort analysis.BMJ. 2004 Jun 19;328(7454):1463.
- Partridge AH, Hackett N, Blood E, Gelman R, Joffe S, Bauer-Wu S, Knudsen K, Emmons K, Collyar D, Schilsky RL, Winer EP.Oncology physician and nurse practices and attitudes regarding offering clinical trial results to study participants.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004 Apr 21;96(8):629-32.
- Peppercorn JM, Weeks JC, Cook EF, Joffe S.Comparison of outcomes in cancer patients treated within and outside clinical trials: conceptual framework and structured review.Lancet. 2004 Jan 24;363(9405):263-70.
- Joffe S.Rethink "affirmative agreement," but abandon "assent".Am J Bioeth. 2003 Autumn;3(4):9-11.
- Joffe S.Public dialogue and the boundaries of moral community.J Clin Ethics. 2003 Spring-Summer;14(1-2):101-8.
- Joffe S, Manocchia M, Weeks JC, Cleary PD.What do patients value in their hospital care? An empirical perspective on autonomy centred bioethics.J Med Ethics. 2003 Apr;29(2):103-8.
- Joffe S, Weeks JC.Views of American oncologists about the purposes of clinical trials.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002 Dec 18;94(24):1847-53.
- Joffe S, Cook EF, Cleary PD, Clark JW, Weeks JC.Quality of informed consent in cancer clinical trials: a cross-sectional survey.Lancet. 2001 Nov 24;358(9295):1772-7.
- Joffe S, Cook EF, Cleary PD, Clark JW, Weeks JC.Quality of informed consent: a new measure of understanding among research subjects.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2001 Jan 17;93(2):139-47.