Jennifer D. Allen, DSc, MPH, RN
- Allen JD, Mars DR, Tom L, Apollon G, Hilaire D, Iralien G, Cloutier LB, Sheets MM, Zamor R.Health beliefs, attitudes and service utilization among Haitians.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2013 Feb;24(1):106-19.
- Lobb R, Ayanian JZ, Allen JD, Emmons KM.Stage of breast cancer at diagnosis among low-income women with access to mammography.Cancer. 2010 Dec 1;116(23):5487-96.
- Wadler BM, Judge CM, Prout M, Allen JD, Geller AC.Improving Breast Cancer Control via the Use of Community Health Workers in South Africa: A Critical Review.J Oncol. 2011;2011.
- Allen JD, Othus MK, Hart A, Tom L, Li Y, Berry D, Bowen D.A randomized trial of a computer-tailored decision aid to improve prostate cancer screening decisions: results from the take the wheel trial.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010 Sep;19(9):2172-86.
- Allen JD, Othus MK, Shelton RC, Li Y, Norman N, Tom L, del Carmen MG.Parental decision making about the HPV vaccine.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010 Sep;19(9):2187-98.
- Allen JD, Coronado GD, Williams RS, Glenn B, Escoffery C, Fernandez M, Tuff RA, Wilson KM, Mullen PD.A systematic review of measures used in studies of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine acceptability.Vaccine. 2010 May 28;28(24):4027-37. Review.
- Allen JD, Othus MK, Hart A, Mohllajee AP, Li Y, Bowen D.Do Men Make Informed Decisions about Prostate Cancer Screening? Baseline Results from the "Take the Wheel" Trial.Med Decis Making. 2010 May 18.
- Steinwachs D, Allen JD, Barlow WE, Duncan RP, Egede LE, Friedman LS, Keating NL, Kim P, Lave JR, Laveist TA, Ness RB, Optican RJ, Virnig BA.National Institutes of Health state-of-the-science conference statement: Enhancing use and quality of colorectal cancer screening.Ann Intern Med. 2010 May 18;152(10):663-7.
- Drake BF, Shelton RC, Gilligan T, Allen JD.A church-based intervention to promote informed decision making for prostate cancer screening among African American men.J Natl Med Assoc. 2010 Mar;102(3):164-71.
- Lobb R, Allen JD, Emmons KM, Ayanian JZ.Timely Care After an Abnormal Mammogram Among Low-Income Women in a Public Breast Cancer Screening Program.Arch Intern Med. 2010 Mar 22;170(6):521-8.
- Fernández ME, Allen JD, Mistry R, Kahn JA.Integrating clinical, community, and policy perspectives on human papillomavirus vaccination.Annu Rev Public Health. 2010 Apr 21;31:235-52. Review.
- Quintiliani L, Allen J, Marino M, Kelly-Weeder S, Li Y.Multiple health behavior clusters among female college students.Patient Educ Couns. 2010 Apr;79(1):134-137.
- Allen JD, Barlow WE, Duncan RP, Egede LE, Friedman LS, Keating NL, Kim P, Lave JR, Laveist TA, Ness RB, Optican RJ, Steinwachs D, Virnig BA.NIH State-of-the-Science Conference Statement: Enhancing Use and Quality of Colorectal Cancer Screening.Nih Consensus And State Of The Science Statements. 2010 Feb 4;27(1).
- Fontenot HB, Fantasia HC, Allen JD.HPV in adolescents. Making the wake-up call.Adv Nurse Pract. 2007 Oct;15(10):73-4, 76.
- Allen JD,Mohllajee AP,Shelton RC,Drake BF,Mars DR.A Computer-Tailored Intervention to Promote Informed Decision Making for Prostate Cancer Screening Among African American Men.Am J Mens Health. 2009 Dec;3(4):340-51.
- De Jesus M, Parast L, Shelton RC, Kokkinogenis K, Othus MK, Li Y, Allen JD.Actual vs preferred sources of human papillomavirus information among black, white, and Hispanic parents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009 Nov;163(11):1066-7.
- Allen JD, Fantasia HC, Fontenot H, Flaherty S, Santana J.College men's knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about the human papillomavirus infection and vaccine.J Adolesc Health. 2009 Nov;45(5):535-7.
- Allen JD,Mohllajee AP,Shelton RC,Othus MK,Fontenot HB,Hanna R.Stage of adoption of the human papillomavirus vaccine among college women.Prev Med. 2009 May;48(5):420-5.
- Allen JD, Stoddard AM, Sorensen G.Do Social Network Characteristics Predict Mammography Screening Practices?.Health Educ Behav. 2008 Dec;35(6):763-76.
- Allen JD,Savadatti S,Levy AG.The transition from breast cancer 'patient' to 'survivor'.Psychooncology. 2009 Jan;18(1):71-8.
- Allen JD,Shelton RC,Harden E,Goldman RE.Follow-up of abnormal screening mammograms among low-income ethnically diverse women: findings from a qualitative study.Patient Educ Couns. 2008 Aug;72(2):283-92.
- Liu X, Allen JD, Arnold JT, Blackman MR.Lycopene inhibits IGF-I signal transduction and growth in normal prostate epithelial cells by decreasing DHT-modulated IGF-I production in co-cultured reactive stromal cells.Carcinogenesis. 2008 Apr;29(4):816-23.
- Arnold JT, Liu X, Allen JD, Le H, McFann KK, Blackman MR.Androgen receptor or estrogen receptor-beta blockade alters DHEA-, DHT-, and E(2)-induced proliferation and PSA production in human prostate cancer cells.Prostate. 2007 Aug 1;67(11):1152-62.
- Allen JD, Kennedy M, Wilson-Glover A, Gilligan TD.African-American men's perceptions about prostate cancer: Implications for designing educational interventions.Soc Sci Med. 2007 Jun;64(11):2189-2200.
- Bowen DJ, Allen JD, Vu T, Johnson RE, Fryer-Edwards K, Hart A.Theoretical foundations for interventions designed to promote informed decision making for cancer screening.Ann Behav Med. 2006 Dec;32(3):202-10. Review.
- Mullen PD, Allen JD, Glanz K, Fernandez ME, Bowen DJ, Pruitt SL, Glenn BA, Pignone M.Measures used in studies of informed decision making about cancer screening: a systematic review.Ann Behav Med. 2006 Dec;32(3):188-201. Review.
- Barton MB, Morley DS, Moore S, Allen JD, Kleinman KP, Emmons KM, Fletcher SW.Decreasing women's anxieties after abnormal mammograms: a controlled trial.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004 Apr 7;96(7):529-38.
- Goldman R, Hunt MK, Allen JD, Hauser S, Emmons K, Maeda M, Sorensen G.The life history interview method: applications to intervention development.Health Educ Behav. 2003 Oct;30(5):564-81.
- Allen JD, Stoddard AM, Mays J, Sorensen G.Promoting breast and cervical cancer screening at the workplace: results from the Woman to Woman Study.Am J Public Health. 2001 Apr;91(4):584-90.
- Allen JD, Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, Peterson KE, Colditz G.The relationship between social network characteristics and breast cancer screening practices among employed women.Ann Behav Med. 1999 Summer;21(3):193-200.
- Kahn JA, Chiou V, Allen JD, Goodman E, Perlman SE, Emans SJ.Beliefs about Papanicolaou smears and compliance with Papanicolaou smear follow-up in adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999 Oct;153(10):1046-54.
- Allen JD, Sorensen G, Stoddard AM, Colditz G, Peterson K.Intention to have a mammogram in the future among women who have underused mammography in the past.Health Educ Behav. 1998 Aug;25(4):474-88.