John R. Peteet, MD
- Peteet JR, Balboni MJ.Spirituality and religion in oncology.CA Cancer J Clin. 2013 Apr 26.
- Balboni MJ, Sullivan A, Amobi A, Phelps AC, Gorman DP, Zollfrank A, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.Why Is Spiritual Care Infrequent at the End of Life? Spiritual Care Perceptions Among Patients, Nurses, and Physicians and the Role of Training.J Clin Oncol. 2012 Dec 17.
- Alcorn SR, Balboni MJ, Prigerson HG, Reynolds A, Phelps AC, Wright AA, Block SD, Peteet JR, Kachnic LA, Balboni TA."If God wanted me yesterday, I wouldn't be here today": religious and spiritual themes in patients' experiences of advanced cancer.J Palliat Med. 2010 May;13(5):581-8.
- Peteet JR, Maytal G, Rokni H.Unimaginable loss: contingent suicidal ideation in family members of oncology patients.Psychosomatics. 2010 Mar;51(2):166-70.
- Balboni TA, Paulk ME, Balboni MJ, Phelps AC, Loggers ET, Wright AA, Block SD, Lewis EF, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG.Provision of spiritual care to patients with advanced cancer: associations with medical care and quality of life near death.J Clin Oncol. 2010 Jan 20;28(3):445-52.
- Peteet JR, Meyer F, deLima Thomas J, Vitagliano HL.Psychiatric indications for admission to an inpatient palliative care unit.J Palliat Med. 2009 Jun;12(6):521-4.
- Phelps AC,Maciejewski PK,Nilsson M,Balboni TA,Wright AA,Paulk ME,Trice E,Schrag D,Peteet JR,Block SD,Prigerson HG.Religious coping and use of intensive life-prolonging care near death in patients with advanced cancer.JAMA. 2009 Mar 18;301(11):1140-7.
- Josephson AM, Peteet JR.Talking with patients about spirituality and worldview: practical interviewing techniques and strategies.Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2007 Jun;30(2):181-97.
- Peteet J.Suicide and spirituality: a clinical perspective.South Med J. 2007 Jul;100(7):752-4.
- Peteet J.Spirituality and mental health.South Med J. 2007 Jun;100(6):620.
- Balboni TA, Vanderwerker LC, Block SD, Paulk ME, Lathan CS, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG.Religiousness and spiritual support among advanced cancer patients and associations with end-of-life treatment preferences and quality of life.J Clin Oncol. 2007 Feb 10;25(5):555-60.
- Peteet JR.Treating patients who request assisted suicide. A closer look at the physician's role.Arch Fam Med. 1994 Aug;3(8):723-7.
- Ross DM, Peteet JR, Medeiros C, Walsh-Burke K, Rieker P.Difference between nurses' and physicians' approach to denial in oncology.Cancer Nurs. 1992 Dec;15(6):422-8.
- Peteet JR, Ross DM, Medeiros C, Walsh-Burke K, Rieker P.Relationships with patients in oncology: can a clinician be a friend?.Psychiatry. 1992 Aug;55(3):223-9.
- Peteet JR, Stomper PC, Ross DM, Cotton V, Truesdell P, Moczynski W.Emotional support for patients with cancer who are undergoing CT: semistructured interviews of patients at a cancer institute.Radiology. 1992 Jan;182(1):99-102.
- Peteet JR, Abrams HE, Ross DM, Stearns NM.Presenting a diagnosis of cancer: patients' views.J Fam Pract. 1991 Jun;32(6):577-81.
- Peteet JR, Murray-Ross D, Medeiros C, Walsh-Burke K, Rieker P, Finkelstein D.Job stress and satisfaction among the staff members at a cancer center.Cancer. 1989 Aug 15;64(4):975-82.
- Peteet J, Tay V, Cohen G, MacIntyre J.Pain characteristics and treatment in an outpatient cancer population.Cancer. 1986 Mar 15;57(6):1259-65.
- Peteet JR.A closer look at the concept of support: some application to the care of patients with cancer.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 1982 Apr;4(1):19-23.
- Peteet JR, Medeiros C, Slavin L, Walsh-Burke K.Psychological aspects of artificial feeding in cancer patients.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1981 Mar-Apr;5(2):138-40.
- Peteet JR.Depression in cancer patients. An approach to differential diagnosis and treatment.JAMA. 1979 Apr 6;241(14):1487-9.