John R. Peteet, MD
- Alcorn SR, Balboni MJ, Prigerson HG, Reynolds A, Phelps AC, Wright AA, Block SD, Peteet JR, Kachnic LA, Balboni TA."If God wanted me yesterday, I wouldn't be here today": religious and spiritual themes in patients' experiences of advance
- Peteet JR, Maytal G, Rokni H.Unimaginable loss: contingent suicidal ideation in family members of oncology patients.Psychosomatics. 2010 Mar;51(2):166-70.
- Balboni TA, Paulk ME, Balboni MJ, Phelps AC, Loggers ET, Wright AA, Block SD, Lewis EF, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG.Provision of spiritual care to patients with advanced cancer: associations with medical care and quality of life near death.J Clin Oncol. 2010
- Peteet JR, Meyer F, deLima Thomas J, Vitagliano HL.Psychiatric indications for admission to an inpatient palliative care unit.J Palliat Med. 2009 Jun;12(6):521-4.
- Phelps AC,Maciejewski PK,Nilsson M,Balboni TA,Wright AA,Paulk ME,Trice E,Schrag D,Peteet JR,Block SD,Prigerson HG.Religious coping and use of intensive life-prolonging care near death in patients with advanced cancer.JAMA. 2009 Mar 18;301(11):1140-7.
- Josephson AM, Peteet JR.Talking with patients about spirituality and worldview: practical interviewing techniques and strategies.Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2007 Jun;30(2):181-97.
- Peteet J.Suicide and spirituality: a clinical perspective.South Med J. 2007 Jul;100(7):752-4.
- Peteet J.Spirituality and mental health.South Med J. 2007 Jun;100(6):620.
- Balboni TA, Vanderwerker LC, Block SD, Paulk ME, Lathan CS, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG.Religiousness and spiritual support among advanced cancer patients and associations with end-of-life treatment preferences and quality of life.J Clin Oncol. 2007 Feb 10;25
- Peteet JR.Treating patients who request assisted suicide. A closer look at the physician's role.Arch Fam Med. 1994 Aug;3(8):723-7.
- Ross DM, Peteet JR, Medeiros C, Walsh-Burke K, Rieker P.Difference between nurses' and physicians' approach to denial in oncology.Cancer Nurs. 1992 Dec;15(6):422-8.
- Peteet JR, Ross DM, Medeiros C, Walsh-Burke K, Rieker P.Relationships with patients in oncology: can a clinician be a friend?.Psychiatry. 1992 Aug;55(3):223-9.
- Peteet JR, Stomper PC, Ross DM, Cotton V, Truesdell P, Moczynski W.Emotional support for patients with cancer who are undergoing CT: semistructured interviews of patients at a cancer institute.Radiology. 1992 Jan;182(1):99-102.
- Peteet JR, Abrams HE, Ross DM, Stearns NM.Presenting a diagnosis of cancer: patients' views.J Fam Pract. 1991 Jun;32(6):577-81.
- Peteet JR, Murray-Ross D, Medeiros C, Walsh-Burke K, Rieker P, Finkelstein D.Job stress and satisfaction among the staff members at a cancer center.Cancer. 1989 Aug 15;64(4):975-82.
- Peteet J, Tay V, Cohen G, MacIntyre J.Pain characteristics and treatment in an outpatient cancer population.Cancer. 1986 Mar 15;57(6):1259-65.
- Peteet JR.A closer look at the concept of support: some application to the care of patients with cancer.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 1982 Apr;4(1):19-23.
- Peteet JR, Medeiros C, Slavin L, Walsh-Burke K.Psychological aspects of artificial feeding in cancer patients.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1981 Mar-Apr;5(2):138-40.
- Peteet JR.Depression in cancer patients. An approach to differential diagnosis and treatment.JAMA. 1979 Apr 6;241(14):1487-9.