Douglas E. Levy, PhD, MPH
- Levy DE, Rigotti NA, Winickoff JP.Tobacco smoke exposure in a sample of Boston public housing residents.Am J Prev Med. 2013 Jan;44(1):63-6.
- Land TG, Rigotti NA, Levy DE, Schilling T, Warner D, Li W.The effect of systematic clinical interventions with cigarette smokers on quit status and the rates of smoking-related primary care office visits.PLoS ONE. 2012;7(7):e41649.
- Levy DE, Riis J, Sonnenberg LM, Barraclough SJ, Thorndike AN.Food choices of minority and low-income employees: a cafeteria intervention.Am J Prev Med. 2012 Sep;43(3):240-8.
- Japuntich SJ, Regan S, Viana J, Tymoszcuk J, Reyen M, Levy DE, Singer DE, Park ER, Chang Y, Rigotti NA.Comparative effectiveness of post-discharge interventions for hospitalized smokers: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2012 Aug 1;13(1):124.
- Thorndike AN, Sonnenberg L, Riis J, Barraclough S, Levy DE.A 2-phase labeling and choice architecture intervention to improve healthy food and beverage choices.Am J Public Health. 2012 Mar;102(3):527-33.
- Rigotti NA, Bitton A, Kelley JK, Hoeppner BB, Levy DE, Mort E.Offering population-based tobacco treatment in a healthcare setting a randomized controlled trial.Am J Prev Med. 2011 Nov;41(5):498-503.
- Levy DE, Kang R, Vogeli CS, Rigotti NA.Smoking Cessation Advice Rates in US Hospitals.Arch Intern Med. 2011 Oct 10;171(18):1682-4.
- Levy DE, Winickoff JP, Rigotti NA.School absenteeism among children living with smokers.Pediatrics. 2011 Oct;128(4):650-6.
- Levy DE, Rigotti NA, Winickoff JP.Medicaid expenditures for children living with smokers.BMC Health Serv Res. 2011;11:125.
- Levy DE, Byfield SD, Comstock CB, Garber JE, Syngal S, Crown WH, Shields AE.Underutilization of BRCA1/2 testing to guide breast cancer treatment: Black and Hispanic women particularly at risk.Genet Med. 2011 Apr;13(4):349-355.
- Park ER, Kleimann S, Youatt EJ, Lockhart A, Campbell EG, Levy DE, Halbert CH, Schmieder E, Krishna R, Shields AE.Black and White adults' perspectives on the genetics of nicotine addiction susceptibility.Addict Behav. 2011 Feb 25.
- Levy DE,Garber JE,Shields AE.Guidelines for Genetic Risk Assessment of Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer: Early Disagreements and Low Utilization.J Gen Intern Med. 2009 Jul;24(7):822-8.
- Levy DE,Biener L,Rigotti NA.The natural history of light smokers: A population-based cohort study.Nicotine Tob Res. 2009 Feb;11(2):156-63.
- Shields AE,Levy DE,Blumenthal D,Currivan D,McGinn-Shapiro M,Weiss KB,Yucel R,Lerman C.Primary care physicians' willingness to offer a new genetic test to tailor smoking treatment, according to test characteristics.Nicotine Tob Res. 2008 Jun;10(6):1037-45.
- Shields AE,Burke W,Levy DE.Differential use of available genetic tests among primary care physicians in the United States: results of a national survey.Genet Med. 2008 Jun;10(6):404-14.
- Levy DE, Youatt EJ, Shields AE.Primary care physicians' concerns about offering a genetic test to tailor smoking cessation treatment.Genet Med. 2007 Dec;9(12):842-9.
- Levy DE, Thorndike AN, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Use of nicotine replacement therapy to reduce or delay smoking but not to quit: prevalence and association with subsequent cessation efforts.Tob Control. 2007 Dec;16(6):384-9.
- Shields AE, Shin P, Leu MG, Levy DE, Betancourt RM, Hawkins D, Proser M.Adoption of health information technology in community health centers: results of a national survey.Health Aff (Millwood). 2007 Sep-Oct;26(5):1373-83.
- Levy DE.Employer-sponsored insurance coverage of smoking cessation treatments.Am J Manag Care. 2006 Sep;12(9):553-62.
- Levy DE, Meara E.The effect of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement on prenatal smoking.J Health Econ. 2006 Mar;25(2):276-94.
- Levy DE, O'Malley AJ, Normand SL.Covariate adjustment in clinical trials with non-ignorable missing data and non-compliance.Stat Med. 2004 Aug 15;23(15):2319-39.
- Vitale MG, Levy DE, Park MC, Choi H, Choe JC, Roye DP.Quantifying risk of transfusion in children undergoing spine surgery.Spine J. 2002 May-Jun;2(3):166-72.
- Vitale MG, Levy DE, Johnson MG, Gelijns AC, Moskowitz AJ, Roye BP, Verdisco L, Roye DP.Assessment of quality of life in adolescent patients with orthopaedic problems: are adult measures appropriate?.J Pediatr Orthop. 2001 Sep-Oct;21(5):622-8.
- Vitale MG, Levy DE, Moskowitz AJ, Gelijns AC, Spellmann M, Verdisco L, Roye DP.Capturing quality of life in pediatric orthopaedics: two recent measures compared.J Pediatr Orthop. 2001 Sep-Oct;21(5):629-35.
- Spratt TE, Schultz SS, Levy DE, Chen D, Schlüter G, Williams GM.Different mechanisms for the photoinduced production of oxidative DNA damage by fluoroquinolones differing in photostability.Chem Res Toxicol. 1999 Sep;12(9):809-15.
- Spratt TE, Wu JD, Levy DE, Kanugula S, Pegg AE.Reaction and binding of oligodeoxynucleotides containing analogues of O6-methylguanine with wild-type and mutant human O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase.Biochemistry. 1999 May 25;38(21):6801-6.
- Spratt TE, Levy DE.Structure of the hydrogen bonding complex of O6-methylguanine with cytosine and thymine during DNA replication.Nucleic Acids Res. 1997 Aug 15;25(16):3354-61.