S. Bryn Austin, ScD
- Austin SB, Pazaris MJ, Nichols LP, Bowen D, Wei EK, Spiegelman D.An examination of sexual orientation group patterns in mammographic and colorectal screening in a cohort of U.S. women.Cancer Causes Control. 2013 Mar;24(3):539-47.
- Austin SB, Pazaris MJ, Rosner B, Bowen DJ, Rich-Edwards JW, Spiegelman D.Application of the Rosner-Colditz Risk Prediction Model to Estimate Sexual Orientation Group Disparities in Breast Cancer Risk in a US Cohort of Premenopausal Women.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012 Oct 3.
- Jun HJ, Austin SB, Wylie SA, Corliss HL, Jackson B, Spiegelman D, Pazaris MJ, Wright RJ.The mediating effect of childhood abuse in sexual orientation disparities in tobacco and alcohol use during adolescence: results from the Nurses' Health Study II.Cancer Causes Control. 2010 Nov;21(11):1817-28.
- Coker TR, Austin SB, Schuster MA.The health and health care of lesbian, gay, and bisexual adolescents.Annu Rev Public Health. 2010 Apr 21;31:457-77. Review.
- Emans SJ, Austin SB, Goodman E, Orr DP, Freeman R, Stoff D, Litt IF, Schuster MA, Haggerty R, Granger R, Irwin CE, .Improving adolescent and young adult health - training the next generation of physician scientists in transdisciplinary research.J Adolesc Health. 2010 Feb;46(2):100-9.
- Coker TR, Austin SB, Schuster MA.Health and healthcare for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth: reducing disparities through research, education, and practice.J Adolesc Health. 2009 Sep;45(3):213-5.
- Austin SB, Kim J, Wiecha J, Troped PJ, Feldman HA, Peterson KE.School-based overweight preventive intervention lowers incidence of disordered weight-control behaviors in early adolescent girls.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007 Sep;161(9):865-9.
- Ziyadeh NJ, Prokop LA, Fisher LB, Rosario M, Field AE, Camargo CA, Austin SB.Sexual orientation, gender, and alcohol use in a cohort study of U.S. adolescent girls and boys.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2007 Mar 16;87(2-3):119-30.
- Austin SB, Melly SJ, Sanchez BN, Patel A, Buka S, Gortmaker SL.Clustering of fast-food restaurants around schools: a novel application of spatial statistics to the study of food environments.Am J Public Health. 2005 Sep;95(9):1575-81.
- Austin SB, Field AE, Wiecha J, Peterson KE, Gortmaker SL.The impact of a school-based obesity prevention trial on disordered weight-control behaviors in early adolescent girls.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005 Mar;159(3):225-30.
- Austin SB, Ziyadeh N, Kahn JA, Camargo CA, Colditz GA, Field AE.Sexual Orientation, Weight Concerns, and Eating-Disordered Behaviors in Adolescent Girls and Boys.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2004 Sep;43(9):1115-1123.
- Austin SB, Ziyadeh N, Fisher LB, Kahn JA, Colditz GA, Frazier AL.Sexual orientation and tobacco use in a cohort study of US adolescent girls and boys.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004 Apr;158(4):317-22.
- Austin SB, Gortmaker SL.Dieting and smoking initiation in early adolescent girls and boys: a prospective study.Am J Public Health. 2001 Mar;91(3):446-50.