S. Bryn Austin, ScD
- Roberts AL, Rosario M, Calzo JP, Corliss HL, Frazier L, Austin SB.Masculine boys, feminine girls, and cancer risk behaviors: an 11-year longitudinal study.J Adolesc Health. 2014 Sep(3):373-9.
- Greaney ML, Hardwick CK, Spadano-Gasbarro JL, Mezgebu S, Horan CM, Schlotterbeck S, Austin SB, Peterson KE.Implementing a Multicomponent School-Based Obesity Prevention Intervention: A Qualitative Study.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2014 May 27.
- Austin SB, Pazaris MJ, Wei EK, Rosner B, Kennedy GA, Bowen D, Spiegelman D.Application of the Rosner-Wei risk-prediction model to estimate sexual orientation patterns in colon cancer risk in a prospective cohort of US women.Cancer Causes Control. 2014 May 23.
- Hatzenbuehler ML, Jun HJ, Corliss HL, Austin SB.Structural stigma and cigarette smoking in a prospective cohort study of sexual minority and heterosexual youth.Ann Behav Med. 2014 Feb;47(1):48-56.
- Roberts AL, Galea S, Austin SB, Corliss HL, Williams MA, Koenen KC.Women's experience of abuse in childhood and their children's smoking and overweight.Am J Prev Med. 2014 Mar;46(3):249-58.
- Cohen JF, Rimm EB, Austin SB, Hyatt RR, Kraak VI, Economos CD.A food service intervention improves whole grain access at lunch in rural elementary schools.J Sch Health. 2014 Mar;84(3):212-9.
- Rosario M, Corliss HL, Everett BG, Reisner SL, Austin SB, Buchting FO, Birkett M.Sexual orientation disparities in cancer-related risk behaviors of tobacco, alcohol, sexual behaviors, and diet and physical activity: pooled Youth Risk Behavior Surveys.Am J Public Health. 2014 Feb;104(2):245-54.
- Charlton BM, Corliss HL, Missmer SA, Frazier AL, Rosario M, Kahn JA, Austin SB.Influence of hormonal contraceptive use and health beliefs on sexual orientation disparities in Papanicolaou test use.Am J Public Health. 2014 Feb;104(2):319-25.
- Katz-Wise SL, Jun HJ, Corliss HL, Jackson B, Haines J, Austin SB.Child Abuse as a Predictor of Gendered Sexual Orientation Disparities in Body Mass Index Trajectories Among U.S. Youth From the Growing Up Today Study.J Adolesc Health. 2013 Dec 31.
- Garnett BR, Buelow R, Franko DL, Becker C, Rodgers RF, Austin SB.The Importance of Campaign Saliency as a Predictor of Attitude and Behavior Change: A Pilot Evaluation of Social Marketing Campaign Fat Talk Free Week.Health Commun. 2013 Dec 20.
- Richmond TK, Spadano-Gasbarro JL, Walls CE, Austin SB, Greaney ML, Wang ML, Mezegebu S, Peterson KE.Middle school food environments and racial/ethnic differences in sugar-sweetened beverage consumption: findings from the Healthy Choices study.Prev Med. 2013 Nov;57(5):735-8.
- Austin SB, Pazaris MJ, Nichols LP, Bowen D, Wei EK, Spiegelman D.An examination of sexual orientation group patterns in mammographic and colorectal screening in a cohort of U.S. women.Cancer Causes Control. 2013 Mar;24(3):539-47.
- Austin SB, Pazaris MJ, Rosner B, Bowen DJ, Rich-Edwards JW, Spiegelman D.Application of the Rosner-Colditz Risk Prediction Model to Estimate Sexual Orientation Group Disparities in Breast Cancer Risk in a US Cohort of Premenopausal Women.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012 Oct 3.
- Jun HJ, Austin SB, Wylie SA, Corliss HL, Jackson B, Spiegelman D, Pazaris MJ, Wright RJ.The mediating effect of childhood abuse in sexual orientation disparities in tobacco and alcohol use during adolescence: results from the Nurses' Health Study II.Cancer Causes Control. 2010 Nov;21(11):1817-28.
- Coker TR, Austin SB, Schuster MA.The health and health care of lesbian, gay, and bisexual adolescents.Annu Rev Public Health. 2010 Apr 21;31:457-77. Review.
- Emans SJ, Austin SB, Goodman E, Orr DP, Freeman R, Stoff D, Litt IF, Schuster MA, Haggerty R, Granger R, Irwin CE, .Improving adolescent and young adult health - training the next generation of physician scientists in transdisciplinary research.J Adolesc Health. 2010 Feb;46(2):100-9.
- Coker TR, Austin SB, Schuster MA.Health and healthcare for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth: reducing disparities through research, education, and practice.J Adolesc Health. 2009 Sep;45(3):213-5.
- Austin SB, Kim J, Wiecha J, Troped PJ, Feldman HA, Peterson KE.School-based overweight preventive intervention lowers incidence of disordered weight-control behaviors in early adolescent girls.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007 Sep;161(9):865-9.
- Ziyadeh NJ, Prokop LA, Fisher LB, Rosario M, Field AE, Camargo CA, Austin SB.Sexual orientation, gender, and alcohol use in a cohort study of U.S. adolescent girls and boys.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2007 Mar 16;87(2-3):119-30.
- Austin SB, Melly SJ, Sanchez BN, Patel A, Buka S, Gortmaker SL.Clustering of fast-food restaurants around schools: a novel application of spatial statistics to the study of food environments.Am J Public Health. 2005 Sep;95(9):1575-81.
- Austin SB, Field AE, Wiecha J, Peterson KE, Gortmaker SL.The impact of a school-based obesity prevention trial on disordered weight-control behaviors in early adolescent girls.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005 Mar;159(3):225-30.
- Austin SB, Ziyadeh N, Kahn JA, Camargo CA, Colditz GA, Field AE.Sexual Orientation, Weight Concerns, and Eating-Disordered Behaviors in Adolescent Girls and Boys.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2004 Sep;43(9):1115-1123.
- Austin SB, Ziyadeh N, Fisher LB, Kahn JA, Colditz GA, Frazier AL.Sexual orientation and tobacco use in a cohort study of US adolescent girls and boys.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004 Apr;158(4):317-22.
- Austin SB, Gortmaker SL.Dieting and smoking initiation in early adolescent girls and boys: a prospective study.Am J Public Health. 2001 Mar;91(3):446-50.