Alan C. Geller, MPH, RN
- Chen ST, Geller AC, Tsao H.Update on the Epidemiology of Melanoma.Curr Dermatol Rep. 2013 Mar 1;2(1):24-34.
- Balk SJ, Fisher DE, Geller AC.Teens and indoor tanning: a cancer prevention opportunity for pediatricians.Pediatrics. 2013 Apr;131(4):772-85.
- Balk SJ, Fisher DE, Geller AC.Stronger laws are needed to protect teens from indoor tanning.Pediatrics. 2013 Mar;131(3):586-8.
- Geller AC, Halpern AC.The ever-evolving landscape for detection of early melanoma: challenges and promises.J Invest Dermatol. 2013 Mar;133(3):583-5.
- Oliveria SA, Shuk E, Hay JL, Heneghan M, Goulart JM, Panageas K, Geller AC, Halpern AC.Melanoma survivors: health behaviors, surveillance, psychosocial factors, and family concerns.Psycho Oncology. 2013 Jan;22(1):106-16.
- Forsea AM, Popescu I, Turcu G, Giurcaneanu C, Geller AC.Knowledge, behavior and attitudes related to skin cancer prevention among final year medical students.Eur J Dermatol. 2012 Nov 7.
- Katalinic A, Waldmann A, Weinstock MA, Geller AC, Eisemann N, Greinert R, Volkmer B, Breitbart E.Does skin cancer screening save lives?: An observational study comparing trends in melanoma mortality in regions with and without screening.Cancer. 2012 Nov 1;118(21):5395-402.
- Geller AC, Balk SJ, Fisher DE.Stemming the tanning bed epidemic: time for action.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2012 Oct 1;10(10):1311-4.
- Shaikh WR, Weinstock MA, Halpern AC, Oliveria SA, Geller AC, Dusza SW.The characterization and potential impact of melanoma cases with unknown thickness in the United States' Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program, 1989-2008.Cancer Epidemiology. 2012 Sep 17.
- Campbell SM, Louie-Gao Q, Hession ML, Bailey E, Geller AC, Cummins D.Skin Cancer Education among Massage Therapists: A Survey at the 2010 Meeting of the American Massage Therapy Association.J Cancer Educ. 2012 Aug 23.
- Waldmann A, Nolte S, Geller AC, Katalinic A, Weinstock MA, Volkmer B, Greinert R, Breitbart EW.Frequency of excisions and yields of malignant skin tumors in a population-based screening intervention of 360,288 whole-body examinations.Arch Dermatol. 2012 Aug;148(8):903-10.
- Greaney ML, Puleo E, Geller AC, Hu SW, Werchniak AE, DeCristofaro S, Emmons KM.Patient follow-up after participating in a beach-based skin cancer screening program.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2012 May;9(5):1836-45.
- Lipworth AD, Park JM, Trefrey BL, Rubin KM, Geller AC, Sober AJ, Tsao H.Urgent access to a specialty care melanoma clinic is associated with a higher rate of melanoma detection.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Mar 29.
- Emmons KM, Geller AC, Puleo E, Savadatti SS, Hu SW, Gorham S, Werchniak AE, .Skin cancer education and early detection at the beach: a randomized trial of dermatologist examination and biometric feedback.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Feb;64(2):282-9.
- Wadler BM, Judge CM, Prout M, Allen JD, Geller AC.Improving Breast Cancer Control via the Use of Community Health Workers in South Africa: A Critical Review.J Oncol. 2011;2011.
- Obayan B, Geller AC, Resnick EA, Demierre MF.Enacting legislation to restrict youth access to tanning beds: a survey of advocates and sponsoring legislators.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Jul;63(1):63-70.
- Geller AC, Greinert R, Sinclair C, Weinstock MA, Aitken J, Boniol M, Capellaro M, Doré JF, Elwood M, Fletcher SW, Gallagher R, Gandini S, Halpern AC, Katalinic A, Lucas R, Marghoob AA, Nolte S, Schüz J, Tucker MA, Volkmer B, Breitbart E.A nationwide population-based skin cancer screening in Germany: proceedings of the first meeting of the International Task Force on Skin Cancer Screening and Prevention (September 24 and 25, 2009).Cancer Epidemiology. 2010 Jun;34(3):355-8.
- Resnick EA, Bishop M, O'Connell A, Hugo B, Isern G, Timm A, Ozonoff A, Geller AC.The CHEER study to reduce BMI in Elementary School students: a school-based, parent-directed study in Framingham, Massachusetts.J Sch Nurs. 2009 Oct;25(5):361-72.
- Geller AC.Educational and screening campaigns to reduce deaths from melanoma.Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2009 Jun;23(3):515-27, ix. Review.
- Geller AC, Elwood M, Swetter SM, Brooks DR, Aitken J, Youl PH, Demierre MF, Baade PD.Factors related to the presentation of thin and thick nodular melanoma from a population-based cancer registry in Queensland Australia.Cancer. 2009 Mar 15;115(6):1318-27.
- Feuerstein I, Geller AC.Skin cancer education in transplant recipients.Prog Transplant. 2008 Dec;18(4):232-41; quiz 242. Review.
- Oliveria SA, Hay JL, Geller AC, Heneghan MK, McCabe MS, Halpern AC.Melanoma survivorship: research opportunities.J Cancer Surviv. 2007 Mar;1(1):87-97.
- Geller AC,Brooks DR,Powers CA,Brooks KR,Rigotti NA,Bognar B,McIntosh S,Zapka J.Tobacco cessation and prevention practices reported by second and fourth year students at US medical schools.J Gen Intern Med. 2008 Jul;23(7):1071-6.
- Powers CA, Thomson CC, Feuerstein I, Cross M, Powers EM, Prout M, Geller AC.Smoking Sleuths: a pilot tobacco prevention elective for medical school students.J Cancer Educ. 2008;23(2):122-5.
- Balk SJ, Geller AC.Teenagers and artificial tanning.Pediatrics. 2008 May;121(5):1040-2.
- Geller AC, Zwirn J, Rutsch L, Gorham SA, Viswanath V, Emmons KM.Multiple levels of influence in the adoption of sun protection policies in elementary schools in Massachusetts.Arch Dermatol. 2008 Apr;144(4):491-6.
- Noe M, Schroy P, Demierre MF, Babayan R, Geller AC.Increased cancer risk for individuals with a family history of prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, and melanoma and their associated screening recommendations and practices.Cancer Causes Control. 2008 Feb;19(1):1-12. Review.
- Geller AC, Swetter SM, Brooks K, Demierre MF, Yaroch AL.Screening, early detection, and trends for melanoma: current status (2000-2006) and future directions.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007 Oct;57(4):555-72; quiz 573-6.
- Geller AC, Oliveria SA, Bishop M, Buckminster M, Brooks KR, Halpern AC.Study of health outcomes in school children: key challenges and lessons learned from the Framingham Schools' Natural History of Nevi Study.J Sch Health. 2007 Aug;77(6):312-8.
- Loo DS, Liu CL, Geller AC, Gilchrest BA.Academic dermatology manpower: issues of recruitment and retention.Arch Dermatol. 2007 Mar;143(3):341-7.
- Brooks KR, Siegel B, Lash TL, Geller AC, Fitzgerald A, Tracy C, Prout MN.Validating medical students' self-report of smoking-related communication skills and educational experiences.Ambul Pediatr.;7(2):187-91.
- Geller J, Swetter SM, Leyson J, Miller DR, Brooks K, Geller AC.Crafting a melanoma educational campaign to reach middle-aged and older men.J Cutan Med Surg.;10(6):259-68. Review.
- Geller AC, Emmons KM, Brooks DR, Powers C, Zhang Z, Koh HK, Heeren T, Sober AJ, Li F, Gilchrest BA.A randomized trial to improve early detection and prevention practices among siblings of melanoma patients.Cancer. 2006 Aug 15;107(4):806-14.
- Geller AC, Halpern AC.The benefits of skin cancer prevention counseling for parents and children.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006 Sep;55(3):506-8.
- Brooks K, Brooks D, Dajani Z, Swetter SM, Powers E, Pagoto S, Geller AC.Use of artificial tanning products among young adults.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006 Jun;54(6):1060-6.
- Lee ET, O'Riordan D, Swetter SM, Demierre MF, Brooks K, Geller AC.Sun care advertising in popular U.S. magazines.Am J Health Promot.;20(5):349-52.
- O'Riordan DL, Field AE, Geller AC, Brooks DR, Aweh G, Colditz GA, Frazier AL.Frequent tanning bed use, weight concerns, and other health risk behaviors in adolescent females (United States).Cancer Causes Control. 2006 Jun;17(5):679-86.
- Geller AC, Miller DR, Swetter SM, Demierre MF, Gilchrest BA.A call for the development and implementation of a targeted national melanoma screening program.Arch Dermatol. 2006 Apr;142(4):504-7.
- Geller AC, Brooks DR, Colditz GA, Koh HK, Frazier AL.Sun protection practices among offspring of women with personal or family history of skin cancer.Pediatrics. 2006 Apr;117(4):e688-94.
- Geller AC, Lash TL, Siegel B, Annas GD, Prout MN.The primary care pediatrician's influence on medical student's performance of smoking assessments and counseling.Prev Med. 2005 Jul;41(1):47-52.
- Geller AC, Zapka J, Brooks KR, Dube C, Powers CA, Rigotti N, O'Donnell J, Ockene J,.Tobacco control competencies for US medical students.Am J Public Health. 2005 Jun;95(6):950-5.