Tracy A. Balboni, MD, MPH
- Garrido MM, Balboni TA, Maciejewski PK, Bao Y, Prigerson HG.
Quality of Life and Cost of Care at the End of Life: The Role of Advance Directives.
J Pain Symptom Manage. 2014 Dec 11.
- Rodin D, Balboni M, Mitchell C, Smith PT, VanderWeele TJ, Balboni TA.
Whose role? Oncology practitioners' perceptions of their role in providing spiritual care to advanced cancer patients.
Support Care Cancer. 2015 Jan 28.
- Balboni MJ, Sullivan A, Enzinger AC, Epstein-Peterson ZD, Tseng YD, Mitchell C, Niska J, Zollfrank A, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.
Nurse and Physician Barriers to Spiritual Care Provision at the End of Life.
J Pain Symptom Manage. 2014 Jan 28.
- Krishnan MS, Epstein-Peterson Z, Chen YH, Tseng YD, Wright AA, Temel JS, Catalano P, Balboni TA.
Predicting life expectancy in patients with metastatic cancer receiving palliative radiotherapy: The TEACHH model.
Cancer. 2013 Oct 2.
- Tseng YD, Krishnan MS, Sullivan AJ, Jones JA, Chow E, Balboni TA.
How radiation oncologists evaluate and incorporate life expectancy estimates into the treatment of palliative cancer patients: a survey-based study.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013 Nov 1;87(3):471-8.
- Balboni TA, Balboni M, Enzinger AC, Gallivan K, Paulk ME, Wright A, Steinhauser K, VanderWeele TJ, Prigerson HG.
Provision of spiritual support to patients with advanced cancer by religious communities and associations with medical care at the end of life.
JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Jun 24;173(12):1109-17.
- Balboni MJ, Sullivan A, Amobi A, Phelps AC, Gorman DP, Zollfrank A, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.
Why is spiritual care infrequent at the end of life? Spiritual care perceptions among patients, nurses, and physicians and the role of training.
J Clin Oncol. 2013 Feb 1;31(4):461-7.
- Phelps AC, Lauderdale KE, Alcorn S, Dillinger J, Balboni MT, Van Wert M, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.
Addressing spirituality within the care of patients at the end of life: perspectives of patients with advanced cancer, oncologists, and oncology nurses.
J Clin Oncol. 2012 Jul 10;30(20):2538-44.
- Maciejewski PK, Phelps AC, Kacel EL, Balboni TA, Balboni M, Wright AA, Pirl W, Prigerson HG.
Religious coping and behavioral disengagement: opposing influences on advance care planning and receipt of intensive care near death.
Psycho Oncology. 2011 Mar 29.
- Balboni MJ, Babar A, Dillinger J, Phelps AC, George E, Block SD, Kachnic L, Hunt J, Peteet J, Prigerson HG, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.
"It Depends": Viewpoints of Patients, Physicians, and Nurses on Patient-Practitioner Prayer in the Setting of Advanced Cancer.
J Pain Symptom Manage. 2011 Jan 27.
- Sher DJ, Balboni TA, Haddad RI, Norris CM, Posner MR, Wirth LJ, Goguen LA, Annino D, Tishler RB.
Efficacy and Toxicity of Chemoradiotherapy Using Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy for Unknown Primary of Head and Neck.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Dec 20.
- Schoenfeld JD, Sher DJ, Norris CM, Haddad RI, Posner MR, Balboni TA, Tishler RB.
Salivary Gland Tumors Treated With Adjuvant Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy With or Without Concurrent Chemotherapy.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Nov 12.
- Wright AA, Keating NL, Balboni TA, Matulonis UA, Block SD, Prigerson HG.
Place of death: correlations with quality of life of patients with cancer and predictors of bereaved caregivers' mental health.
J Clin Oncol. 2010 Oct 10;28(29):4457-64.
- Sher DJ, Haddad RI, Norris CM, Posner MR, Wirth LJ, Goguen LA, Annino D, Balboni T, Allen A, Tishler RB.
Efficacy and toxicity of reirradiation using intensity-modulated radiotherapy for recurrent or second primary head and neck cancer.
Cancer. 2010 Oct 15;116(20):4761-8.
- Wright AA, Mack JW, Kritek PA, Balboni TA, Massaro AF, Matulonis UA, Block SD, Prigerson HG.
Influence of patients' preferences and treatment site on cancer patients' end-of-life care.
Cancer. 2010 Oct 1;116(19):4656-63.
- Mak KS, Lee LK, Mak RH, Wang S, Pile-Spellman J, Abrahm JL, Prigerson HG, Balboni TA.
Incidence and Treatment Patterns in Hospitalizations for Malignant Spinal Cord Compression in the United States, 1998-2006.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Jul 12.
- Parr JD, Zhang B, Nilsson ME, Wright A, Balboni T, Duthie E, Paulk E, Prigerson HG.
The influence of age on the likelihood of receiving end-of-life care consistent with patient treatment preferences.
J Palliat Med. 2010 Jun;13(6):719-26.
- Alcorn SR, Balboni MJ, Prigerson HG, Reynolds A, Phelps AC, Wright AA, Block SD, Peteet JR, Kachnic LA, Balboni TA.
"If God wanted me yesterday, I wouldn't be here today": religious and spiritual themes in patients' experiences of advanced cancer.
J Palliat Med. 2010 May;13(5):581-8.
- Balboni TA, Balboni MJ, Prigerson HG.
Reply to H.W.M. van Laarhoven et al.
J Clin Oncol. 2010 May 10.
- Balboni TA, Paulk ME, Balboni MJ, Phelps AC, Loggers ET, Wright AA, Block SD, Lewis EF, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG.
Provision of spiritual care to patients with advanced cancer: associations with medical care and quality of life near death.
J Clin Oncol. 2010 Jan 20;28(3):445-52.
- Loggers ET, Maciejewski PK, Paulk E, Desanto-Madeya S, Nilsson M, Viswanath K, Wright AA, Balboni TA, Temel J, Stieglitz H, Block S, Prigerson HG.
Racial Differences in Predictors of Intensive End-of-Life Care in Advanced Cancer Patients.
J Clin Oncol. 2009 Nov 20;27(33):5559-64.
- Haddad RI, Tishler RB, Norris C, Goguen L, Balboni TA, Costello R, Wirth L, Lorch J, Andreozzi B, Annino D, Posner MR.
Phase I study of C-TPF in patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
J Clin Oncol. 2009 Sep 20;27(27):4448-53.
- Phelps AC,Maciejewski PK,Nilsson M,Balboni TA,Wright AA,Paulk ME,Trice E,Schrag D,Peteet JR,Block SD,Prigerson HG.
Religious coping and use of intensive life-prolonging care near death in patients with advanced cancer.
JAMA. 2009 Mar 18;301(11):1140-7.
- Wright AA,Zhang B,Ray A,Mack JW,Trice E,Balboni T,Mitchell SL,Jackson VA,Block SD,Maciejewski PK,Prigerson HG.
Associations between end-of-life discussions, patient mental health, medical care near death, and caregiver bereavement adjustment.
JAMA. 2008 Oct 8;300(14):1665-73.
- Smith AK,McCarthy EP,Paulk E,Balboni TA,Maciejewski PK,Block SD,Prigerson HG.
Racial and ethnic differences in advance care planning among patients with cancer: impact of terminal illness acknowledgment, religiousness, and treatment preferences.
J Clin Oncol. 2008 Sep 1;26(25):4131-7.
- Mack JW, Nilsson M, Balboni T, Friedlander RJ, Block SD, Trice E, Prigerson HG.
Peace, Equanimity, and Acceptance in the cancer experience (PEACE): validation of a scale to assess acceptance and struggle with terminal illness.
Cancer. 2008 Jun;112(11):2509-17.
- Balboni TA, Gaccione P, Gobezie R, Mamon HJ.
Shielding of the hip prosthesis during radiation therapy for heterotopic ossification is associated with increased failure of prophylaxis.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007 Apr 1;67(5):1499-505.
- Balboni TA, Vanderwerker LC, Block SD, Paulk ME, Lathan CS, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG.
Religiousness and spiritual support among advanced cancer patients and associations with end-of-life treatment preferences and quality of life.
J Clin Oncol. 2007 Feb 10;25(5):555-60.
- Balboni TA, Chen MH, Harris JR, Recht A, Stevenson MA, D'Amico AV.
Academic career selection and retention in radiation oncology: the joint center for radiation therapy experience.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007 May 1;68(1):183-6.
- Balboni TA, Gobezie R, Mamon HJ.
Heterotopic ossification: Pathophysiology, clinical features, and the role of radiotherapy for prophylaxis.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006 Aug 1;65(5):1289-99. Review.
- Balboni T.
Resident resource corner. It was Sunday.