Lois Biener, PhD
- Biener L, Nyman AL, Stepanov I, Hatsukami D.Public education about the relative harm of tobacco products: an intervention for tobacco control professionals.Tobacco Control. 2013 Mar 12.
- Alpert HR, Connolly GN, Biener L.A prospective cohort study challenging the effectiveness of population-based medical intervention for smoking cessation.Tobacco Control. 2012 Mar 23.
- Stepanov I, Biener L, Knezevich A, Nyman AL, Bliss R, Jensen J, Hecht SS, Hatsukami DK.Monitoring tobacco-specific N-nitrosamines and nicotine in novel Marlboro and Camel smokeless tobacco products: findings from Round 1 of the New Product Watch.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012 Mar;14(3):274-81.
- Stepanov I, Jensen J, Biener L, Bliss RL, Hecht SS, Hatsukami DK.Increased Pouch Sizes and Resulting Changes in the Amounts of Nicotine and Tobacco-Specific N-Nitrosamines in Single Pouches of Camel Snus and Marlboro Snus.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012 Jan 17.
- Hatsukami DK, Biener L, Leischow SJ, Zeller MR.Tobacco and Nicotine Product Testing.Nicotine Tob Res. 2011 Apr 2.
- Biener L, McCausland K, Curry L, Cullen J.Prevalence of Trial of Snus Products Among Adult Smokers.Am J Public Health. 2011 Feb 17.
- Biener L, Hamilton WL, Siegel M, Sullivan EM.Individual, social-normative, and policy predictors of smoking cessation: a multilevel longitudinal analysis.Am J Public Health. 2010 Mar;100(3):547-54.
- Rogers JD, Biener L, Clark PI.Test marketing of new smokeless tobacco products in four U.S. cities.Nicotine Tob Res. 2010 Jan;12(1):69-72.
- Durkin SJ, Biener L, Wakefield MA.Effects of different types of antismoking ads on reducing disparities in smoking cessation among socioeconomic subgroups.Am J Public Health. 2009 Dec;99(12):2217-23.
- Bogen K, Biener L, Garrett CA, Allen J, Cummings KM, Hartman A, Marcus S, McNeill A, O'Connor RJ, Parascandola M, Pederson L.Surveillance indicators for potential reduced exposure products (PREPs): developing survey items to measure awareness.Harm Reduct J. 2009;6:27.
- Biener L, Bogen K.Receptivity to Taboka and Camel Snus in a U.S. test market.Nicotine Tob Res. 2009 Oct;11(10):1154-9.
- Hamilton WL, Biener L, Brennan RT.Do local tobacco regulations influence perceived smoking norms? Evidence from adult and youth surveys in Massachusetts.Health Education Research. 2008 Aug;23(4):709-22.
- Biener L, Wakefield M, Shiner CM, Siegel M.How broadcast volume and emotional content affect youth recall of anti-tobacco advertising.Am J Prev Med. 2008 Jul;35(1):14-9.
- Siegel M, Albers AB, Cheng DM, Hamilton WL, Biener L.Local restaurant smoking regulations and the adolescent smoking initiation process: results of a multilevel contextual analysis among Massachusetts youth.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2008 May;162(5):477-83.
- Biener L, Garrett CA, Skeer M, Siegel M, Connolly G.The effects on smokers of Boston's smoke-free bar ordinance: a longitudinal analysis of changes in compliance, patronage, policy support, and smoking at home.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2007 Nov-Dec;13(6):630-6.
- Biener L, Bogen K, Connolly G.Impact of corrective health information on consumers' perceptions of "reduced exposure" tobacco products.Tobacco Control. 2007 Oct;16(5):306-11.
- Biener L, Reimer RL, Wakefield M, Szczypka G, Rigotti NA, Connolly G.Impact of smoking cessation aids and mass media among recent quitters.Am J Prev Med. 2006 Mar;30(3):217-24.
- Hamilton WL, Biener L, Rodger CN.Who supports tobacco excise taxes? Factors associated with towns' and individuals' support in Massachusetts.J Public Health Manag Pract.;11(4):333-40.
- Conley Thomson C, Siegel M, Winickoff J, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Household smoking bans and adolescents' perceived prevalence of smoking and social acceptability of smoking.Prev Med. 2005 Aug;41(2):349-56.
- Biener L, Garrett CA, Gilpin EA, Roman AM, Currivan DB.Consequences of declining survey response rates for smoking prevalence estimates.Am J Prev Med. 2004 Oct;27(3):254-7.
- Biener L, Ji M, Gilpin EA, Albers AB.The impact of emotional tone, message, and broadcast parameters in youth anti-smoking advertisements.J Health Commun.;9(3):259-74.
- Biener L.Anti-tobacco advertisements by Massachusetts and Philip Morris: what teenagers think.Tobacco Control. 2002 Jun;11 Suppl 2:ii43-6.
- Thorndike AN, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Effect on smoking cessation of switching nicotine replacement therapy to over-the-counter status.Am J Public Health. 2002 Mar;92(3):437-42.