Cassandra Okechukwu, ScD, MPH, MSN
- Dutra LM, Williams DR, Kawachi I, Okechukwu CA.Racial and non-racial discrimination and smoking status among South African adults 10 years after apartheid.Tobacco Control. 2014 Apr 30.
- Sabbath EL, Gutierrez LA, Okechukwu CA, Singh-Manoux A, Amieva H, Goldberg M, Zins M, Berr C.Time may not fully attenuate solvent-associated cognitive deficits in highly exposed workers.Neurology. 2014 May 13;82(19):1716-23.
- Okechukwu CA, Souza K, Davis KD, de Castro AB.Discrimination, harassment, abuse, and bullying in the workplace: Contribution of workplace injustice to occupational health disparities.Am J Ind Med. 2014 May;57(5):573-86.
- Dutra LM, Williams DR, Gupta J, Kawachi I, Okechukwu CA.Human rights violations and smoking status among South African adults enrolled in the South Africa Stress and Health (SASH) study.Soc Sci Med. 2014 Mar;105:103-11.
- Sabbath EL, Hurtado DA, Okechukwu CA, Tamers SL, Nelson C, Kim SS, Wagner G, Sorenson G.Occupational injury among hospital patient-care workers: what is the association with workplace verbal abuse?.Am J Ind Med. 2014 Feb;57(2):222-32.
- Sorensen G, McLellan D, Dennerlein JT, Pronk NP, Allen JD, Boden LI, Okechukwu CA, Hashimoto D, Stoddard A, Wagner GR.Integration of health protection and health promotion: rationale, indicators, and metrics.J Occup Environ Med. 2013 Dec;55(12 Suppl):S12-8.
- Cheng KW, Okechukwu CA, McMillen R, Glantz SA.Association between clean indoor air laws and voluntary smokefree rules in homes and cars.Tobacco Control. 2013 Oct 10.
- Kim SS, Dutra LM, Okechukwu CA.Contractor-, steward-, and coworker-safety practice: associations with musculoskeletal pain and injury-related absence among construction apprentices.Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2013 Jun 9.
- Kim SS, Okechukwu CA, Dennerlein JT, Boden LI, Hopcia K, Hashimoto DM, Sorensen G.Association between perceived inadequate staffing and musculoskeletal pain among hospital patient care workers.Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2013 Mar 12.
- Chin DL, Hong O, Gillen M, Bates MN, Okechukwu CA.Heavy and light/moderate smoking among building trades construction workers.Public Health Nurs. 2013 Mar;30(2):128-39.
- Okechukwu CA, Dutra LM, Bacic J, El Ayadi A, Emmons KM.Home matters: work and household predictors of smoking and cessation among blue-collar workers.Prev Med. 2013 Feb;56(2):130-4.
- Kim SS, Perry MJ, Okechukwu CA.Association between perceived union connection and upper body musculoskeletal pains among unionized construction apprentices.Am J Ind Med. 2013 Feb;56(2):189-96.
- Tamers SL, Okechukwu C, Allen J, Yang M, Stoddard A, Tucker-Seeley R, Sorensen G.Are social relationships a healthy influence on obesogenic behaviors among racially/ethnically diverse and socio-economically disadvantaged residents?.Prev Med. 2013 Jan;56(1):70-4.
- Chin DL, Hong O, Gillen M, Bates MN, Okechukwu CA.Occupational factors and smoking cessation among unionized building trades workers.Workplace Health Saf. 2012 Oct;60(10):445-52.
- Kim SS, Okechukwu CA, Buxton OM, Dennerlein JT, Boden LI, Hashimoto DM, Sorensen G.Association between work-family conflict and musculoskeletal pain among hospital patient care workers.Am J Ind Med. 2012 Sep 27.
- Okechukwu C, Bacic J, Cheng KW, Catalano R.Smoking among construction workers: the nonlinear influence of the economy, cigarette prices, and antismoking sentiment.Soc Sci Med. 2012 Oct;75(8):1379-86.
- Chin DL, Hong O, Gillen M, Bates MN, Okechukwu CA.Cigarette smoking in building trades workers: The impact of work environment.Am J Ind Med. 2012 Mar 5.
- Okechukwu CA, El Ayadi AM, Tamers SL, Sabbath EL, Berkman L.Household food insufficiency, financial strain, work-family spillover, and depressive symptoms in the working class: the work, family, and health network study.Am J Public Health. 2012 Jan;102(1):126-33.
- Okechukwu CA, Nguyen K, Hickman NJ.Partner smoking characteristics: Associations with smoking and quitting among blue-collar apprentices.Am J Ind Med. 2010 Nov;53(11):1102-8.
- Okechukwu C, Krieger N, Sorensen G, Li Y, Barbeau E.Testing hypothesized psychosocial mediators: lessons learned in the MassBUILT study.Health Education and Behavior..
- Berkman LF, Buxton O, Ertel K, Okechukwu C.Managers' practices related to work-family balance predict employee cardiovascular risk and sleep duration in extended care settings.J Occup Health Psychol. 2010 Jul;15(3):316-29.
- Lathan CS, Okechukwu C, Drake BF, Bennett GG.Racial differences in the perception of lung cancer: the 2005 Health Information National Trends Survey.Cancer. 2010 Apr 15;116(8):1981-6.
- Okechukwu CA, Krieger N, Chen J, Sorensen G, Li Y, Barbeau EM.The association of workplace hazards and smoking in a U.S. multiethnic working-class population.Public Health Rep.;125(2):225-33.
- Okechukwu CA,Krieger N,Sorensen G,Li Y,Barbeau EM.MassBuilt: effectiveness of an apprenticeship site-based smoking cessation intervention for unionized building trades workers.Cancer Causes Control. 2009 Aug;20(6):887-94.
- Preeti Patel; Cassandra A. Okechukwu; Jeff Collin; Belinda Hughes.Bringing 'Light, Life and Happiness': British American Tobacco and music sponsorship in sub-Saharan Africa.Third World Quarterly.;30(4):685-700.
- Bennett GG, Wolin KY, Okechukwu CA, Arthur CM, Askew S, Sorensen G, Emmons KM.Nativity and Cigarette Smoking among Lower Income Blacks: Results from the Healthy Directions Study.J Immigr Minor Health. 2008 Aug;10(4):305-11.
- Drake BF,Lathan CS,Okechukwu CA,Bennett GG.Racial differences in prostate cancer screening by family history.Ann Epidemiol. 2008 Jul;18(7):579-83.
- McPhaul KM, Rosen J, Bobb S, Okechukwu C, Geiger-Brown J, Kauffman K, Johnson JV, Lipscomb J.An exploratory study of mandated safety measures for home visiting case managers.Can J Nurs Res. 2007 Dec;39(4):173-89.