Cassandra Okechukwu, ScD, MPH, MSN
- Chin DL, Hong O, Gillen M, Bates MN, Okechukwu CA.Heavy and light/moderate smoking among building trades construction workers.Public Health Nurs. 2013 Mar;30(2):128-39.
- Kim SS, Perry MJ, Okechukwu CA.Association between perceived union connection and upper body musculoskeletal pains among unionized construction apprentices.Am J Ind Med. 2013 Feb;56(2):189-96.
- Chin DL, Hong O, Gillen M, Bates MN, Okechukwu CA.Occupational factors and smoking cessation among unionized building trades workers.Workplace Health Saf. 2012 Oct;60(10):445-52.
- Kim SS, Okechukwu CA, Buxton OM, Dennerlein JT, Boden LI, Hashimoto DM, Sorensen G.Association between work-family conflict and musculoskeletal pain among hospital patient care workers.Am J Ind Med. 2012 Sep 27.
- Chin DL, Hong O, Gillen M, Bates MN, Okechukwu CA.Cigarette smoking in building trades workers: The impact of work environment.Am J Ind Med. 2012 Mar 5.
- Okechukwu CA, El Ayadi AM, Tamers SL, Sabbath EL, Berkman L.Household food insufficiency, financial strain, work-family spillover, and depressive symptoms in the working class: the work, family, and health network study.Am J Public Health. 2012 Jan;102(1):126-33.
- Okechukwu CA, Nguyen K, Hickman NJ.Partner smoking characteristics: Associations with smoking and quitting among blue-collar apprentices.Am J Ind Med. 2010 Nov;53(11):1102-8.
- Okechukwu C, Krieger N, Sorensen G, Li Y, Barbeau E.Testing hypothesized psychosocial mediators: lessons learned in the MassBUILT study.Health Education and Behavior..
- Berkman LF, Buxton O, Ertel K, Okechukwu C.Managers' practices related to work-family balance predict employee cardiovascular risk and sleep duration in extended care settings.J Occup Health Psychol. 2010 Jul;15(3):316-29.
- Lathan CS, Okechukwu C, Drake BF, Bennett GG.Racial differences in the perception of lung cancer: the 2005 Health Information National Trends Survey.Cancer. 2010 Apr 15;116(8):1981-6.
- Okechukwu CA, Krieger N, Chen J, Sorensen G, Li Y, Barbeau EM.The association of workplace hazards and smoking in a U.S. multiethnic working-class population.Public Health Rep.;125(2):225-33.
- Okechukwu CA,Krieger N,Sorensen G,Li Y,Barbeau EM.MassBuilt: effectiveness of an apprenticeship site-based smoking cessation intervention for unionized building trades workers.Cancer Causes Control. 2009 Aug;20(6):887-94.
- Preeti Patel; Cassandra A. Okechukwu; Jeff Collin; Belinda Hughes.Bringing 'Light, Life and Happiness': British American Tobacco and music sponsorship in sub-Saharan Africa.Third World Quarterly.;30(4):685-700.
- Bennett GG, Wolin KY, Okechukwu CA, Arthur CM, Askew S, Sorensen G, Emmons KM.Nativity and Cigarette Smoking among Lower Income Blacks: Results from the Healthy Directions Study.J Immigr Minor Health. 2008 Aug;10(4):305-11.
- Drake BF,Lathan CS,Okechukwu CA,Bennett GG.Racial differences in prostate cancer screening by family history.Ann Epidemiol. 2008 Jul;18(7):579-83.
- McPhaul KM, Rosen J, Bobb S, Okechukwu C, Geiger-Brown J, Kauffman K, Johnson JV, Lipscomb J.An exploratory study of mandated safety measures for home visiting case managers.Can J Nurs Res. 2007 Dec;39(4):173-89.