Michael J. Balboni, PhD, ThM, MDiv
- Balboni MJ, Puchalski CM, Peteet JR.The Relationship between Medicine, Spirituality and Religion: Three Models for Integration.Journal Of Religion And Health. 2014 Jun 12.
- Balboni MJ, Sullivan A, Enzinger AC, Epstein-Peterson ZD, Tseng YD, Mitchell C, Niska J, Zollfrank A, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.Nurse and Physician Barriers to Spiritual Care Provision at the End of Life.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2014 Jan 28.
- Balboni TA, Balboni M, Enzinger AC, Gallivan K, Paulk ME, Wright A, Steinhauser K, VanderWeele TJ, Prigerson HG.Provision of spiritual support to patients with advanced cancer by religious communities and associations with medical care at the end of life.JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Jun 24;173(12):1109-17.
- Peteet JR, Balboni MJ.Spirituality and religion in oncology.CA Cancer J Clin. 2013 Apr 26.
- Balboni MJ, Sullivan A, Amobi A, Phelps AC, Gorman DP, Zollfrank A, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.Why is spiritual care infrequent at the end of life? Spiritual care perceptions among patients, nurses, and physicians and the role of training.J Clin Oncol. 2013 Feb 1;31(4):461-7.
- Risse GB, Balboni MJ.Shifting Hospital-Hospice Boundaries: Historical Perspective on the Institutional Care of the Dying.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2012 Jul 9.
- Phelps AC, Lauderdale KE, Alcorn S, Dillinger J, Balboni MT, Van Wert M, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.Addressing spirituality within the care of patients at the end of life: perspectives of patients with advanced cancer, oncologists, and oncology nurses.J Clin Oncol. 2012 Jul 10;30(20):2538-44.
- El Nawawi NM, Balboni MJ, Balboni TA.Palliative care and spiritual care: the crucial role of spiritual care in the care of patients with advanced illness.Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. 2012 Jun;6(2):269-74. Review.
- Vallurupalli M, Lauderdale K, Balboni MJ, Phelps AC, Block SD, Ng AK, Kachnic LA, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA.The role of spirituality and religious coping in the quality of life of patients with advanced cancer receiving palliative radiation therapy.J Support Oncol.;10(2):81-7.
- Balboni T, Balboni M, Paulk ME, Phelps A, Wright A, Peteet J, Block S, Lathan C, Vanderweele T, Prigerson H.Support of cancer patients' spiritual needs and associations with medical care costs at the end of life.Cancer. 2011 Dec 1;117(23):5383-91.
- Winkelman WD, Lauderdale K, Balboni MJ, Phelps AC, Peteet JR, Block SD, Kachnic LA, VanderWeele TJ, Balboni TA.The relationship of spiritual concerns to the quality of life of advanced cancer patients: preliminary findings.J Palliat Med. 2011 Sep;14(9):1022-8.
- Maciejewski PK, Phelps AC, Kacel EL, Balboni TA, Balboni M, Wright AA, Pirl W, Prigerson HG.Religious coping and behavioral disengagement: opposing influences on advance care planning and receipt of intensive care near death.Psycho Oncology. 2011 Mar 29.
- Balboni MJ, Babar A, Dillinger J, Phelps AC, George E, Block SD, Kachnic L, Hunt J, Peteet J, Prigerson HG, Vanderweele TJ, Balboni TA."It Depends": Viewpoints of Patients, Physicians, and Nurses on Patient-Practitioner Prayer in the Setting of Advanced Cancer.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2011 Jan 27.
- Alcorn SR, Balboni MJ, Prigerson HG, Reynolds A, Phelps AC, Wright AA, Block SD, Peteet JR, Kachnic LA, Balboni TA."If God wanted me yesterday, I wouldn't be here today": religious and spiritual themes in patients' experiences of advanced cancer.J Palliat Med. 2010 May;13(5):581-8.
- Balboni TA, Paulk ME, Balboni MJ, Phelps AC, Loggers ET, Wright AA, Block SD, Lewis EF, Peteet JR, Prigerson HG.Provision of spiritual care to patients with advanced cancer: associations with medical care and quality of life near death.J Clin Oncol. 2010 Jan 20;28(3):445-52.
- Kinghorn WA, McEvoy MD, Michel A, Balboni M.Professionalism in modern medicine: does the emperor have any clothes?.Acad Med. 2007 Jan;82(1):40-5.