Earl F. Cook, MPP, ScD
- Mack JW, Wolfe J, Cook EF, Grier HE, Cleary PD, Weeks JC.Parents' Roles in Decision Making for Children With Cancer in the First Year of Cancer Treatment.J Clin Oncol. 2011 Apr 4.
- Truong TH, Weeks JC, Cook EF, Joffe S.Outcomes of informed consent among parents of children in cancer clinical trials.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011 Jan 28.
- Mack JW,Wolfe J,Cook EF,Grier HE,Cleary PD,Weeks JC.Peace of mind and sense of purpose as core existential issues among parents of children with cancer.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009 Jun;163(6):519-24.
- Kastrinos F, Allen JI, Stockwell DH, Stoffel EM, Cook EF, Mutinga ML, Balmaña J, Syngal S.Development and validation of a colon cancer risk assessment tool for patients undergoing colonoscopy.Am J Gastroenterol. 2009 Jun;104(6):1508-18.
- Trichopoulos D, Cole P, Cook EF, Feinleib M, Hoover R, Hsieh CC, Hunter D, Monson R, Mueller N, Rahu M, Rimm E, Rothman K, Stampfer M, Weiss N, Willett W, Adami HO.Brian MacMahon (1923-2007): founder of modern epidemiology.Cancer Causes Control. 2008 May;19(4):329-37.
- Edwards KE, Neville BA, Cook EF Jr, Aldridge SH, Dussel V, Wolfe J.Understanding of prognosis and goals of care among couples whose child died of cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2008 Mar 10;26(8):1310-5.
- Treister NS, Cook EF Jr, Antin J, Lee SJ, Soiffer R, Woo SB.Clinical evaluation of oral chronic graft-versus-host disease.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2008 Jan;14(1):110-5.
- Mack JW, Wolfe J, Cook EF, Grier HE, Cleary PD, Weeks JC.Hope and prognostic disclosure.J Clin Oncol. 2007 Dec 10;25(35):5636-42.
- Bourgeois FT, Porter SC, Valim C, Jackson T, Cook EF, Mandl KD.The value of patient self-report for disease surveillance.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007 Nov-Dec;14(6):765-71.
- Setoguchi S, Solomon DH, Glynn RJ, Cook EF, Levin R, Schneeweiss S.Agreement of diagnosis and its date for hematologic malignancies and solid tumors between medicare claims and cancer registry data.Cancer Causes Control. 2007 Jun;18(5):561-569.
- Mack JW, Cook EF, Wolfe J, Grier HE, Cleary PD, Weeks JC.Understanding of prognosis among parents of children with cancer: parental optimism and the parent-physician interaction.J Clin Oncol. 2007 Apr 10;25(11):1357-62.
- Joffe S, Mello MM, Cook EF, Lee SJ.Advance care planning in patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2007 Jan;13(1):65-73.
- Fine AM, Nigrovic LE, Reis BY, Cook EF, Mandl KD.Linking surveillance to action: incorporation of real-time regional data into a medical decision rule.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007 Mar-Apr;14(2):206-11.
- Scheurer DB, Hicks LS, Cook EF, Schnipper JL.Accuracy of ICD-9 coding for Clostridium difficile infections: a retrospective cohort.Epidemiol Infect. 2006 Dec 7:1-4.
- Meaney PA, Nadkarni VM, Cook EF, Testa M, Helfaer M, Kaye W, Larkin GL, Berg RA,.Higher survival rates among younger patients after pediatric intensive care unit cardiac arrests.Pediatrics. 2006 Dec;118(6):2424-33.
- Schatz M, Zeiger RS, Vollmer WM, Mosen D, Apter AJ, Stibolt TB, Leong A, Johnson MS, Mendoza G, Cook EF.Development and validation of a medication intensity scale derived from computerized pharmacy data that predicts emergency hospital utilization for persistent asthma.Am J Manag Care. 2006 Aug;12(8):478-84.
- Schatz M, Zeiger RS, Vollmer WM, Mosen D, Mendoza G, Apter AJ, Stibolt TB, Leong A, Johnson MS, Cook EF.The controller-to-total asthma medication ratio is associated with patient-centered as well as utilization outcomes.Chest. 2006 Jul;130(1):43-50.
- Peppercorn JM, Weeks JC, Cook EF, Joffe S.Comparison of outcomes in cancer patients treated within and outside clinical trials: conceptual framework and structured review.Lancet. 2004 Jan 24;363(9405):263-70.
- Gill S, Shah A, Le N, Cook EF, Yoshida EM.Asian ethnicity-related differences in gastric cancer presentation and outcome among patients treated at a canadian cancer center.J Clin Oncol. 2003 Jun 1;21(11):2070-6.
- Lee S, Cook EF, Soiffer R, Antin JH.Development and validation of a scale to measure symptoms of chronic graft-versus-host disease.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2002;8(8):444-52.
- Joffe S, Cook EF, Cleary PD, Clark JW, Weeks JC.Quality of informed consent in cancer clinical trials: a cross-sectional survey.Lancet. 2001 Nov 24;358(9295):1772-7.
- Joffe S, Cook EF, Cleary PD, Clark JW, Weeks JC.Quality of informed consent: a new measure of understanding among research subjects.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2001 Jan 17;93(2):139-47.
- Haas JS, Cook EF, Puopolo AL, Burstin HR, Brennan TA.Differences in the quality of care for women with an abnormal mammogram or breast complaint.J Gen Intern Med. 2000 May;15(5):321-8.
- Gandhi TK, Burstin HR, Cook EF, Puopolo AL, Haas JS, Brennan TA, Bates DW.Drug complications in outpatients.J Gen Intern Med. 2000 Mar;15(3):149-54.
- Werneck GL, de Carvalho DM, Barroso DE, Cook EF, Walker AM.Classification trees and logistic regression applied to prognostic studies: a comparison using meningococcal disease as an example.J Trop Pediatr. 1999 Aug;45(4):248-51.
- Bae SC, Cook EF, Kim SY.Psychometric evaluation of a Korean Health Assessment Questionnaire for clinical research.J Rheumatol. 1998 Oct;25(10):1975-9.
- Weeks JC, Cook EF, O'Day SJ, Peterson LM, Wenger N, Reding D, Harrell FE, Kussin P, Dawson NV, Connors AF, Lynn J, Phillips RS.Relationship between cancer patients' predictions of prognosis and their treatment preferences.JAMA. 1998 Jun 3;279(21):1709-14.
- Feldman S, Cook EF, Harlow BL, Berkowitz RS.Predicting endometrial cancer among older women who present with abnormal vaginal bleeding.Gynecol Oncol. 1995 Mar;56(3):376-81.
- Healey EA, Cook EF, Orav EJ, Schnitt SJ, Connolly JL, Harris JR.Contralateral breast cancer: clinical characteristics and impact on prognosis.J Clin Oncol. 1993 Aug;11(8):1545-52.
- Goldman L, Cook EF, Orav J, Epstein AM, Komaroff AL, Delbanco TL, Mulley AG, Hiatt HH.Research training in clinical effectiveness: replacing "in my experience ..." with rigorous clinical investigation.Clin Res. 1990 Dec;38(4):686-93.
- Cook EF, Goldman L.Performance of tests of significance based on stratification by a multivariate confounder score or by a propensity score.J Clin Epidemiol. 1989;42(4):317-24.
- Goldman L, Sia ST, Cook EF, Rutherford JD, Weinstein MC.Costs and effectiveness of routine therapy with long-term beta-adrenergic antagonists after acute myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 1988 Jul 21;319(3):152-7.