Mary E. Cooley, PhD, RN
- Cooley ME, Emmons KM, Haddad R, Wang Q, Posner M, Bueno R, Cohen TJ, Johnson BE.Patient-reported receipt of and interest in smoking-cessation interventions after a diagnosis of cancer.Cancer. 2011 Jan 10.
- Sarna L, Cooley ME, Brown JK, Chernecky C, Padilla G, Danao L, Chakravarty D, Elashoff D.Women with lung cancer: quality of life after thoracotomy: a 6-month prospective study.Cancer Nurs.;33(2):85-92.
- Roper K, McDermott K, Cooley ME, Daley K, Fawcett J.Health-related quality of life in adults with Hodgkin's disease: the state of the science.Cancer Nurs.;32(6):E1-17; quiz E18-9.
- Cooley ME,Sarna L,Kotlerman J,Lukanich JM,Jaklitsch M,Green SB,Bueno R.Smoking cessation is challenging even for patients recovering from lung cancer surgery with curative intent.Lung Cancer. 2009 Nov;66(2):218-25.
- Glazer G,Ponte PR,Stuart-Shor EM,Cooley ME.The power of partnership: addressing cancer health disparities through an academic-service partnership.Nurs Outlook. 2009 May-Jun;57(3):123-31. Review.
- Sarna L,Bialous SA,Jun HJ,Wewers ME,Cooley ME,Feskanich D.Smoking trends in the Nurses' Health Study (1976-2003).Nurs Res. 2008 Nov-Dec;57(6):374-82.
- Sarna L,Bialous SA,Cooley ME,Jun HJ,Feskanich D.Impact of smoking and smoking cessation on health-related quality of life in women in the Nurses' Health Study.Qual Life Res. 2008 Dec;17(10):1217-27.
- Sarna L,Cooley ME,Brown JK,Chernecky C,Elashoff D,Kotlerman J.Symptom severity 1 to 4 months after thoracotomy for lung cancer.Am J Crit Care. 2008 Sep;17(5):455-67; quiz 468.
- Cooley ME, Sipples RL, Murphy M, Sarna L.Smoking cessation and lung cancer: oncology nurses can make a difference.Semin Oncol Nurs. 2008 Feb;24(1):16-26. Review.
- Samarel N, Cooley ME, Tulman L, Fawcett J.In response to: Fu M.R., McDaniel R.W. & Rhodes V.A. (2007) Measuring symptom occurrence and symptom distress: development of the Symptom Distress Index. Journal of Advanced Nursing 59, 623-634.J Adv Nurs. 200
- Griffin JP, Koch KA, Nelson JE, Cooley ME,.Palliative care consultation, quality-of-life measurements, and bereavement for end-of-life care in patients with lung cancer: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition).Chest. 2007 Sep;132(3
- Cooley ME, Sarna L, Brown JK, Williams RD, Chernecky C, Padilla G, Danao LL, Elashoff D.Tobacco use in women with lung cancer.Ann Behav Med. 2007 May-Jun;33(3):242-50.
- Wells M, Sarna L, Cooley ME, Brown JK, Chernecky C, Williams RD, Padilla G, Danao LL.Use of complementary and alternative medicine therapies to control symptoms in women living with lung cancer.Cancer Nurs. 2007 Jan-Feb;30(1):45-55; quiz 56-7.
- Sarna L, Brown JK, Cooley ME, Williams RD, Chernecky C, Padilla G, Danao LL.Quality of life and meaning of illness of women with lung cancer.Oncol Nurs Forum. 2005 Jan;32(1):E9-19.
- Cooley ME, Sarna L, Brown JK, Williams RD, Chernecky C, Padilla G, Danao LL.Challenges of recruitment and retention in multisite clinical research.Cancer Nurs. 2003 Oct;26(5):376-84; quiz 385-6.
- Sarna L, Cooley ME, Danao L.The global epidemic of tobacco and cancer.Semin Oncol Nurs. 2003 Nov;19(4):233-43.
- Cooley ME, Short TH, Moriarty HJ.Symptom prevalence, distress, and change over time in adults receiving treatment for lung cancer.Psychooncology. 2003 Oct-Nov;12(7):694-708.
- Cooley ME, Short TH, Moriarty HJ.Patterns of symptom distress in adults receiving treatment for lung cancer.J Palliat Care. 2002 Fall;18(3):150-9.
- Cooley ME, Kaiser LR, Abrahm JL, Giarelli E.The silent epidemic: tobacco and the evolution of lung cancer and its treatment.Cancer Invest. 2001;19(7):739-51.
- Cooley ME.Symptoms in adults with lung cancer. A systematic research review.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2000 Feb;19(2):137-53.
- Cooley ME.Quality of life in persons with non-small cell lung cancer: a concept analysis.Cancer Nurs. 1998 Jun;21(3):151-61.
- Cooley ME, Jennings-Dozier K.Lung cancer in African Americans. A call for action.Cancer Pract. 1998 Mar-Apr;6(2):99-106.
- Samarel N, Leddy SK, Greco K, Cooley ME, Torres SC, Tulman L, Fawcett J.Development and testing of the symptom experience scale.J Pain Symptom Manage. 1996 Oct;12(4):221-8.