Anne N. Thorndike, MD, MOH
- Gardner CD, Whitsel LP, Thorndike AN, Marrow MW, Otten JJ, Foster GD, Carson JA, Johnson RK.Food-and-beverage environment and procurement policies for healthier work environments.Nutr. Rev. 2014 Jun;72(6):390-410.
- Thorndike AN, Riis J, Sonnenberg LM, Levy DE.Traffic-light labels and choice architecture: promoting healthy food choices.Am J Prev Med. 2014 Feb;46(2):143-9.
- Sonnenberg L, Gelsomin E, Levy DE, Riis J, Barraclough S, Thorndike AN.A traffic light food labeling intervention increases consumer awareness of health and healthy choices at the point-of-purchase.Prev Med. 2013 Oct;57(4):253-7.
- Levy DE, Riis J, Sonnenberg LM, Barraclough SJ, Thorndike AN.Food choices of minority and low-income employees: a cafeteria intervention.Am J Prev Med. 2012 Sep;43(3):240-8.
- Thorndike AN, Rigotti NA.A tragic triad: coronary artery disease, nicotine addiction, and depression.Curr. Opin. Cardiol. 2009 Sep;24(5):447-53. Review.
- Thorndike AN, Regan S, McKool K, Pasternak RC, Swartz S, Torres-Finnerty N, Rigotti NA.Depressive symptoms and smoking cessation after hospitalization for cardiovascular disease.Arch Intern Med. 2008 Jan 28;168(2):186-91.
- Levy DE, Thorndike AN, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Use of nicotine replacement therapy to reduce or delay smoking but not to quit: prevalence and association with subsequent cessation efforts.Tob Control. 2007 Dec;16(6):384-9.
- Thorndike AN, Regan S, Rigotti NA.The treatment of smoking by US physicians during ambulatory visits: 1994 2003.Am J Public Health. 2007 Oct;97(10):1878-83.
- Moran S, Thorndike AN, Armstrong K, Rigotti NA.Physicians' missed opportunities to address tobacco use during prenatal care.Nicotine Tob Res. 2003 Jun;5(3):363-8.
- Thorndike AN, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Effect on smoking cessation of switching nicotine replacement therapy to over-the-counter status.Am J Public Health. 2002 Mar;92(3):437-42.
- Thorndike AN, Stafford RS, Rigotti NA.US physicians' treatment of smoking in outpatients with psychiatric diagnoses.Nicotine Tob Res. 2001 Feb;3(1):85-91.
- Rigotti NA, Thorndike AN.Reducing the health burden of tobacco use: what's the doctor's role?.Mayo Clin Proc. 2001 Feb;76(2):121-3.
- Thorndike AN, Ferris TG, Stafford RS, Rigotti NA.Rates of U.S. physicians counseling adolescents about smoking.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1999 Nov 3;91(21):1857-62.
- Thorndike AN, Rigotti NA, Stafford RS, Singer DE.National patterns in the treatment of smokers by physicians.JAMA. 1998 Feb 25;279(8):604-8.