Alan M. Zaslavsky, PhD
- He Y, Landrum MB, Zaslavsky AM.Combining information from two data sources with misreporting and incompleteness to assess hospice-use among cancer patients: a multiple imputation approach.Stat Med. 2014 Sep 20(21):3710-24.
- O'Malley AJ, Elwert F, Rosenquist JN, Zaslavsky AM, Christakis NA.Estimating peer effects in longitudinal dyadic data using instrumental variables.Biometrics. 2014 Apr 29.
- Lamont EB, Yu M, He Y, Saltz L, Muss H, Zaslavsky AM, .Hospital-based health care use correlates with incidence of adverse events among elderly Medicare patients treated in adjuvant chemotherapy trials (Alliance 70802).Journal Of Geriatric Oncology. 2014 Mar 1.
- Ayanian JZ, Landon BE, Zaslavsky AM, Newhouse JP.Racial and ethnic differences in use of mammography between Medicare Advantage and traditional Medicare.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2013 Dec 18;105(24):1891-6.
- Loong B, Zaslavsky AM, He Y, Harrington DP.Disclosure control using partially synthetic data for large-scale health surveys, with applications to CanCORS.Stat Med. 2013 May 13.
- Lamont EB, He Y, Subramanian SV, Zaslavsky AM.Do socially deprived urban areas have lesser supplies of cancer care services?.J Clin Oncol. 2012 Sep 10;30(26):3250-7.
- Zheng H, Zhang W, Ayanian JZ, Zaborski LB, Zaslavsky AM.Profiling Hospitals by Survival of Patients with Colorectal Cancer.Health Serv Res. 2011 Jan 6.
- Sequist TD, Zaslavsky AM, Colditz GA, Ayanian JZ.Electronic Patient Messages to Promote Colorectal Cancer Screening: A Randomized, Controlled Trial.Arch Intern Med. 2010 Dec 13.
- He Y, Zaslavsky A, Landrum M, Harrington D, Catalano P.Multiple imputation in a large-scale complex survey: a practical guide.Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 2010 Dec;19(6):653-70.
- McWilliams JM, Meara E, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Commentary: Assessing the Health Effects of Medicare Coverage for Previously Uninsured Adults: A Matter of Life and Death?.Health Serv Res. 2010 Oct;45(5 Pt 1):1407-22; discussion 1423-9.
- Ayanian JZ, Zaslavsky AM, Arora NK, Kahn KL, Malin JL, Ganz PA, van Ryn M, Hornbrook MC, Kiefe CI, He Y, Urmie JM, Weeks JC, Harrington DP.Patients' Experiences With Care for Lung Cancer and Colorectal Cancer: Findings From the Cancer Care Outcomes Research and Surveillance Consortium.J Clin Oncol. 2010 Sep 20;28(27):4154-61.
- Mittler JN, Landon BE, Fisher ES, Cleary PD, Zaslavsky AM.Market variations in intensity of medicare service use and beneficiary experiences with care.Health Serv Res. 2010 Jun;45(3):647-69.
- Rutter CM, Zaslavsky AM, Feuer EJ.Dynamic Microsimulation Models for Health Outcomes: A Review.Med Decis Making. 2010 May 18.
- Bitton A, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Health Risks, Chronic Diseases, and Access to Care Among US Pacific Islanders.J Gen Intern Med. 2010 May;25(5):435-40.
- Min J, Zaslavsky A, Fedele G, McLaughlin SK, Reczek EE, De Raedt T, Guney I, Strochlic DE, Macconaill LE, Beroukhim R, Bronson RT, Ryeom S, Hahn WC, Loda M, Cichowski K.An oncogene-tumor suppressor cascade drives metastatic prostate cancer by coordinately activating Ras and nuclear factor-kappaB.Nat Med. 2010 Mar;16(3):286-94.
- McWilliams JM, Meara E, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Medicare spending for previously uninsured adults.Ann Intern Med. 2009 Dec 1;151(11):757-66.
- Rogers SO, Ayanian JZ, Ko CY, Kahn KL, Zaslavsky AM, Sandler RS, Keating NL.Surgeons' volume of colorectal cancer procedures and collaborative decision-making about adjuvant therapies.Ann Surg. 2009 Dec;250(6):895-900.
- McWilliams JM, Meara E, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Medicare Spending for Previously Uninsured Adults.Ann Intern Med. 2009 Oct 5.
- Friedberg MW, Coltin KL, Safran DG, Dresser M, Zaslavsky AM, Schneider EC.Associations between structural capabilities of primary care practices and performance on selected quality measures.Ann Intern Med. 2009 Oct 6;151(7):456-63.
- He Y,Zaslavsky AM.Combining Information from Cancer Registry and Medical Records Data to Improve Analyses of Adjuvant Cancer Therapies.Biometrics. 2009 Sep;65(3):946-52.
- He Y, Yucel R, Zaslavsky AM.Misreporting, Missing Data, and Multiple Imputation: Improving Accuracy of Cancer Registry Databases.Chance (N Y). 2008 Sep;21(3):55-58.
- Henke RM, Zaslavsky AM, McGuire TG, Ayanian JZ, Rubenstein LV.Clinical inertia in depression treatment.Med Care. 2009 Sep;47(9):959-67.
- Zaslavsky AM, Zheng H, Adams J.Optimal sample allocation for design-consistent regression in a cancer services survey when design variables are known for aggregates.Survey Methodology. 2008 Jun;34(1):65-78.
- SteelFisher GK, Schneider EC, Zaslavsky AM, Blendon RJ.Can quality reports help address health care disparities? Use and awareness of comparative quality information by African Americans.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2009 Aug;20(3):884-95.
- Block JP,He Y,Zaslavsky AM,Ding L,Ayanian JZ.Psychosocial Stress and Change in Weight Among US Adults.Am J Epidemiol. 2009 Jul 15;170(2):181-92.
- Huskamp HA,Keating NL,Malin JL,Zaslavsky AM,Weeks JC,Earle CC,Teno JM,Virnig BA,Kahn KL,He Y,Ayanian JZ.Discussions with physicians about hospice among patients with metastatic lung cancer.Arch Intern Med. 2009 May 25;169(10):954-62.
- McWilliams JM,Meara E,Zaslavsky AM,Ayanian JZ.Differences in control of cardiovascular disease and diabetes by race, ethnicity, and education: U.S. trends from 1999 to 2006 and effects of medicare coverage.Ann Intern Med. 2009 Apr 21;150(8):505-15.
- Sequist TD,Zaslavsky AM,Marshall R,Fletcher RH,Ayanian JZ.Patient and physician reminders to promote colorectal cancer screening: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Intern Med. 2009 Feb 23;169(4):364-71.
- Yost KJ,Hahn EA,Zaslavsky AM,Ayanian JZ,West DW.Predictors of health-related quality of life in patients with colorectal cancer.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2008;6:66.
- Keating NL,Zaslavsky AM,Goldstein J,West DW,Ayanian JZ.Randomized trial of $20 versus $50 incentives to increase physician survey response rates.Med Care. 2008 Aug;46(8):878-81.
- Ayanian JZ, Sequist TD, Zaslavsky AM, Johannes RS.Physician Reminders to Promote Surveillance Colonoscopy for Colorectal Adenomas : A Randomized Controlled Trial.J Gen Intern Med. 2008 Jun;23(6):762-7.
- Schneider EC, Nadel MR, Zaslavsky AM, McGlynn EA.Assessment of the Scientific Soundness of Clinical Performance Measures: A Field Test of the National Committee for Quality Assurance's Colorectal Cancer Screening Measure.Arch Intern Med. 2008 Apr 28;168(8):876-82.
- Soh CH, Harrington DP, Zaslavsky AM.Reducing bias in parameter estimates from stepwise regression in proportional hazards regression with right-censored data.Lifetime Data Analysis. 2008 Mar;14(1):65-85.
- Rao SR, Graubard BI, Schmid CH, Morton SC, Louis TA, Zaslavsky AM, Finkelstein DM.Meta-analysis of survey data: application to health services research.Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology.;8:98-114.
- Mehrotra A, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Preventive health examinations and preventive gynecological examinations in the United States.Arch Intern Med. 2007 Sep 24;167(17):1876-83.
- Keating NL, Zaslavsky AM, Herrinton LJ, Selby JV, Wolf RE, Ayanian JZ.Quality of diabetes care among cancer survivors with diabetes.Med Care. 2007 Sep;45(9):869-75.
- McWilliams JM, Meara E, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Use of health services by previously uninsured Medicare beneficiaries.N Engl J Med. 2007 Jul 12;357(2):143-53.
- Zhang W, Ayanian JZ, Zaslavsky AM.Patient characteristics and hospital quality for colorectal cancer surgery.Int J Qual Health Care. 2007 Feb;19(1):11-20.
- Zaslavsky AM.Using hierarchical models to attribute sources of variation in consumer assessments of health care.Stat Med. 2007 Apr 15;26(8):1885-900.
- Rogers SO, Wolf RE, Zaslavsky AM, Wright WE, Ayanian JZ.Relation of surgeon and hospital volume to processes and outcomes of colorectal cancer surgery.Ann Surg. 2006 Dec;244(6):1003-11.
- Trivedi AN, Zaslavsky AM, Schneider EC, Ayanian JZ.Relationship between quality of care and racial disparities in Medicare health plans.JAMA. 2006 Oct 25;296(16):1998-2004.
- McMahon PM, Zaslavsky AM, Weinstein MC, Kuntz KM, Weeks JC, Gazelle GS.Estimation of mortality rates for disease simulation models using Bayesian evidence synthesis.Med Decis Making. 2006 Sep-Oct;26(5):497-511.
- McGuire TG, Alegria M, Cook BL, Wells KB, Zaslavsky AM.Implementing the Institute of Medicine definition of disparities: an application to mental health care.Health Serv Res. 2006 Oct;41(5):1979-2005.
- Keating NL, Herrinton LJ, Zaslavsky AM, Liu L, Ayanian JZ.Variations in hospice use among cancer patients.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006 Aug 2;98(15):1053-9.
- Malin JL, Ko C, Ayanian JZ, Harrington D, Nerenz DR, Kahn KL, Ganther-Urmie J, Catalano PJ, Zaslavsky AM, Wallace RB, Guadagnoli E, Arora NK, Roudier MD, Ganz PA.Understanding cancer patients' experience and outcomes: development and pilot study of the Cancer Care Outcomes Research and Surveillance patient survey.Support Care Cancer. 2006 Aug;14(8):837-48.
- Elliott MN, Zaslavsky AM, Cleary PD.Are finite population corrections appropriate when profiling institutions?.Health Ser Out Res Meth. 2006;6(3-4):153-156.
- Zanutto E, Zaslavsky AM.A model for estimating and imputing nonrespondent census households under sampling for nonresponse follow-up.Survey Methodology. 2006;32:65-76.
- Zheng H, Yucel R, Ayanian JZ, Zaslavsky AM.Profiling Colorectal Cancer Care Providers by Combining Cancer Registry and Physician Survey Data.Med Care. 2006 Jan 1;44(1):1-7.
- Zheng H, Yucel R, Ayanian JZ, Zaslavsky AM.Profiling providers on use of adjuvant chemotherapy by combining cancer registry and medical record data.Med Care. 2006 Jan;44(1):1-7.
- Ayanian JZ, Zaslavsky AM, Guadagnoli E, Fuchs CS, Yost KJ, Creech CM, Cress RD, O'Connor LC, West DW, Wright WE.Patients' perceptions of quality of care for colorectal cancer by race, ethnicity, and language.J Clin Oncol. 2005 Sep 20;23(27):6576-86.
- Cole BF, Bonetti M, Zaslavsky AM, Gelber RD.A multistate Markov chain model for longitudinal, categorical quality-of-life data subject to non-ignorable missingness.Stat Med. 2005 Aug 15;24(15):2317-34.
- Solomon LS, Hays RD, Zaslavsky AM, Ding L, Cleary PD.Psychometric properties of a group-level Consumer Assessment of Health Plans Study (CAHPS) instrument.Med Care. 2005 Jan;43(1):53-60.
- Schneider EC, Zaslavsky AM, Epstein AM.Use of high-cost operative procedures by Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in for-profit and not-for-profit health plans.N Engl J Med. 2004 Jan 8;350(2):143-50.
- Ayanian JZ, Zaslavsky AM, Weissman JS, Schneider EC, Ginsburg JA.Undiagnosed hypertension and hypercholesterolemia among uninsured and insured adults in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.Am J Public Health. 2003 Dec;93(12):2051-4.
- Cress RD, Zaslavsky AM, West DW, Wolf RE, Felter MC, Ayanian JZ.Completeness of information on adjuvant therapies for colorectal cancer in population-based cancer registries.Med Care. 2003 Sep;41(9):1006-12.
- McWilliams JM, Zaslavsky AM, Meara E, Ayanian JZ.Impact of Medicare coverage on basic clinical services for previously uninsured adults.JAMA. 2003 Aug 13;290(6):757-64.
- Buchanan JL, Andres PL, Haley SM, Paddock SM, Zaslavsky AM.An assessment tool translation study.Health Care Financ Rev. 2003 Spring;24(3):45-60.
- Hodgson DC, Zhang W, Zaslavsky AM, Fuchs CS, Wright WE, Ayanian JZ.Relation of hospital volume to colostomy rates and survival for patients with rectal cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003 May 21;95(10):708-16.
- Ayanian JZ, Zaslavsky AM, Fuchs CS, Guadagnoli E, Creech CM, Cress RD, O'Connor LC, West DW, Allen ME, Wolf RE, Wright WE.Use of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy for colorectal cancer in a population-based cohort.J Clin Oncol. 2003 Apr 1;21(7):1293-300.
- Kessler RC, Barker PR, Colpe LJ, Epstein JF, Gfroerer JC, Hiripi E, Howes MJ, Normand SL, Manderscheid RW, Walters EE, Zaslavsky AM.Screening for serious mental illness in the general population.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003 Feb;60(2):184-9.
- Solomon LS, Zaslavsky AM, Landon BE, Cleary PD.Variation in patient-reported quality among health care organizations.Health Care Financ Rev. 2002 Summer;23(4):85-100.
- Zaslavsky AM, Shaul JA, Zaborski LB, Cioffi MJ, Cleary PD.Combining health plan performance indicators into simpler composite measures.Health Care Financ Rev. 2002 Summer;23(4):101-15.
- Zaslavsky AM, Cleary PD.Dimensions of plan performance for sick and healthy members on the Consumer Assessments of Health Plans Study 2.0 survey.Med Care. 2002 Oct;40(10):951-64.
- Zaslavsky AM, Buntin MJ.Using survey measures to assess risk selection among Medicare managed care plans.Inquiry. 2002 Summer;39(2):138-51.
- Kessler RC, Andrews G, Colpe LJ, Hiripi E, Mroczek DK, Normand SL, Walters EE, Zaslavsky AM.Short screening scales to monitor population prevalences and trends in non-specific psychological distress.Psychol Med. 2002 Aug;32(6):959-76.
- Zaslavsky AM, Zaborski LB, Cleary PD.Factors affecting response rates to the Consumer Assessment of Health Plans Study survey.Med Care. 2002 Jun;40(6):485-99.
- Fowler FJ, Gallagher PM, Stringfellow VL, Zaslavsky AM, Thompson JW, Cleary PD.Using telephone interviews to reduce nonresponse bias to mail surveys of health plan members.Med Care. 2002 Mar;40(3):190-200.
- Schneider EC, Cleary PD, Zaslavsky AM, Epstein AM.Racial disparity in influenza vaccination: does managed care narrow the gap between African Americans and whites?.JAMA. 2001 Sep 26;286(12):1455-60.
- Hargraves JL, Wilson IB, Zaslavsky A, James C, Walker JD, Rogers G, Cleary PD.Adjusting for patient characteristics when analyzing reports from patients about hospital care.Med Care. 2001 Jun;39(6):635-41.
- Goggins WB, Finkelstein DM, Zaslavsky AM.Applying the Cox proportional hazards model when the change time of a binary time-varying covariate is interval censored.Biometrics. 1999 Jun;55(2):445-51.
- Kao AC, Zaslavsky AM, Green DC, Koplan JP, Cleary PD.Physician incentives and disclosure of payment methods to patients.J Gen Intern Med. 2001 Mar;16(3):181-8.
- Landon BE, Zaslavsky AM, Beaulieu ND, Shaul JA, Cleary PD.Health plan characteristics and consumers' assessments of quality.Health Aff (Millwood). 2001 Mar-Apr;20(2):274-86.
- Stern A, Wolfe J, Daley J, Zaslavsky A, Roper SF, Wilson K.Changing demographic characteristics of women veterans: results from a national sample.Mil Med. 2000 Oct;165(10):773-80.
- Ayanian JZ, Weissman JS, Schneider EC, Ginsburg JA, Zaslavsky AM.Unmet health needs of uninsured adults in the United States.JAMA. 2000 Oct 25;284(16):2061-9.
- Zaslavsky AM, Hochheimer JN, Schneider EC, Cleary PD, Seidman JJ, McGlynn EA, Thompson JW, Sennett C, Epstein AM.Impact of sociodemographic case mix on the HEDIS measures of health plan quality.Med Care. 2000 Oct;38(10):981-92.
- Zaslavsky AM, Landon BE, Beaulieu ND, Cleary PD.How consumer assessments of managed care vary within and among markets.Inquiry. 2000 Summer;37(2):146-61.
- Zaslavsky AM, Zaborski L, Cleary PD.Does the effect of respondent characteristics on consumer assessments vary across health plans?.Med Care Res Rev. 2000 Sep;57(3):379-94.
- Guadagnoli E, Epstein AM, Zaslavsky A, Shaul JA, Veroff D, Fowler FJ, Cleary PD.Providing consumers with information about the quality of health plans: the Consumer Assessment of Health Plans demonstration in Washington State.Jt Comm J Qual Improv. 2000 Jul;26(7):410-20.
- Keating NL, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Physicians' reports of focused expertise in clinical practice.J Gen Intern Med. 2000 Jun;15(6):417-20.
- Cleary PD, Zaslavsky AM, Cioffi M.Sex differences in assessments of the quality of Medicare managed care.Womens Health Issues. 2000 Mar-Apr;10(2):70-9.
- Zaslavsky AM, Beaulieu ND, Landon BE, Cleary PD.Dimensions of consumer-assessed quality of Medicare managed-care health plans.Med Care. 2000 Feb;38(2):162-74.
- Goggins WB, Finkelstein DM, Zaslavsky AM.Applying the Cox proportional hazards model for analysis of latency data with interval censoring.Stat Med. 1999 Oct 30;18(20):2737-47.
- Williams TV, Zaslavsky AM, Cleary PD.Physician experiences with, and ratings of, managed care organizations in Massachusetts.Med Care. 1999 Jun;37(6):589-600.
- Zaslavsky AM, Williams TV, Cleary PD.Sample allocation for overlapping domains in a physician survey with a limited population.Stat Med. 1999 Apr 30;18(8):935-46.
- Keating NL, Cleary PD, Rossi AS, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Use of hormone replacement therapy by postmenopausal women in the United States.Ann Intern Med. 1999 Apr 6;130(7):545-53.
- Shaul JA, Fowler FJ, Zaslavsky AM, Homer CJ, Gallagher PM, Cleary PD.The impact of having parents report about both their own and their children's experiences with health insurance plans.Med Care. 1999 Mar;37(3 Suppl):MS59-68.
- Veroff DR, Gallagher PM, Wilson V, Uyeda M, Merselis J, Guadagnoli E, Edgman-Levitan S, Zaslavsky A, Kleimann S, Cleary PD.Effective reports for health care quality data: lessons from a CAHPS demonstration in Washington State.Int J Qual Health Care. 1998 Dec;10(6):555-60.
- Kao AC, Green DC, Zaslavsky AM, Koplan JP, Cleary PD.The relationship between method of physician payment and patient trust.JAMA. 1998 Nov 18;280(19):1708-14.
- Keating NL, Zaslavsky AM, Ayanian JZ.Physicians' experiences and beliefs regarding informal consultation.JAMA. 1998 Sep 9;280(10):900-4.
- Fernández-del Castillo C, Harringer W, Warshaw AL, Vlahakes GJ, Koski G, Zaslavsky AM, Rattner DW.Risk factors for pancreatic cellular injury after cardiopulmonary bypass.N Engl J Med. 1991 Aug 8;325(6):382-7.