Mary R. Loeken, PhD
- Wei D, Loeken MR.Increased DNA Methyltransferase 3b (Dnmt3b) -mediated CpG Island Methylation Stimulated by Oxidative Stress Inhibits Expression of a Gene Required for Neural Tube and Neural Crest Development in Diabetic Pregnancy.Diabetes. 2014 May 16.
- Loeken MR.Intersection of complex genetic traits affecting maternal metabolism, fetal metabolism, and neural tube defect risk: Looking for needles in multiple haystacks.Mol Genet Metab. 2014 Apr;111(4):415-7.
- Jung JH, Wang XD, Loeken MR.Mouse embryonic stem cells established in physiological-glucose media express the high KM Glut2 glucose transporter expressed by normal embryos.Stem Cells Transl Med. 2013 Dec;2(12):929-34.
- Wang XD, Morgan SC, Loeken MR.Pax3 Stimulates p53 Ubiquitination and Degradation Independent of Transcription.PLoS ONE. 2011;6(12):e29379.
- Wu Y, Viana M, Thirumangalathu S, Loeken MR.AMP-activated protein kinase mediates effects of oxidative stress on embryo gene expression in a mouse model of diabetic embryopathy.Diabetologia. 2011 Oct 13.
- Zabihi S, Loeken MR.Understanding diabetic teratogenesis: Where are we now and where are we going?.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2010 Oct;88(10):779-90.
- Chappell JH Jr,Wang XD,Loeken MR.Diabetes and apoptosis: neural crest cells and neural tube.Apoptosis. 2009 Mar 31.
- Loeken MR.How TGF-beta and PAX3 regulate suntanning.Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2009 Apr;22(2):146-7.
- Loeken MR.Challenges in understanding diabetic embryopathy.Diabetes. 2008 Dec;57(12):3187-8.
- Morgan SC, Relaix F, Sandell LL, Loeken MR.Oxidative stress during diabetic pregnancy disrupts cardiac neural crest migration and causes outflow tract defects.Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2008 Jun;82(6):453-63.
- Li R, Thorens B, Loeken MR.Expression of the gene encoding the high-K (m) glucose transporter 2 by the early postimplantation mouse embryo is essential for neural tube defects associated with diabetic embryopathy.Diabetologia. 2007 Mar;50(3):682-9.
- Wang F, Thirumangalathu S, Loeken MR.Establishment of new mouse embryonic stem cell lines is improved by physiological glucose and oxygen.Cloning Stem Cells. 2006 Summer;8(2):108-16.
- King GL, Loeken MR.Hyperglycemia-induced oxidative stress in diabetic complications.Histochem Cell Biol. 2004 Oct;122(4):333-8. Review.
- Loeken MR.Free radicals and birth defects.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2004 Jan;15(1):6-14.
- Chang TI, Horal M, Jain SK, Wang F, Patel R, Loeken MR.Oxidant regulation of gene expression and neural tube development: Insights gained from diabetic pregnancy on molecular causes of neural tube defects.Diabetologia. 2003 Apr;46(4):538-45.
- Hiramatsu Y, Sekiguchi N, Hayashi M, Isshiki K, Yokota T, King GL, Loeken MR.Diacylglycerol production and protein kinase C activity are increased in a mouse model of diabetic embryopathy.Diabetes. 2002 Sep;51(9):2804-10.
- Chan BW, Chan KS, Koide T, Yeung SM, Leung MB, Copp AJ, Loeken MR, Shiroishi T, Shum AS.Maternal diabetes increases the risk of caudal regression caused by retinoic acid.Diabetes. 2002 Sep;51(9):2811-6.
- Pani L, Horal M, Loeken MR.Polymorphic susceptibility to the molecular causes of neural tube defects during diabetic embryopathy.Diabetes. 2002 Sep;51(9):2871-4.
- Pani L, Horal M, Loeken MR.Rescue of neural tube defects in Pax-3-deficient embryos by p53 loss of function: implications for Pax-3- dependent development and tumorigenesis.Genes Dev. 2002 Mar 15;16(6):676-80.
- Fine EL, Horal M, Chang TI, Fortin G, Loeken MR.Evidence that elevated glucose causes altered gene expression, apoptosis, and neural tube defects in a mouse model of diabetic pregnancy.Diabetes. 1999 Dec;48(12):2454-62.
- Cai J, Phelan SA, Hill AL, Loeken MR.Identification of Dep-1, a new gene regulated by the transcription factor Pax-3, as a marker for altered embryonic gene expression during diabetic pregnancy.Diabetes. 1998 Nov;47(11):1803-5.
- Phelan SA, Loeken MR.Identification of a new binding motif for the paired domain of Pax-3 and unusual characteristics of spacing of bipartite recognition elements on binding and transcription activation.J Biol Chem. 1998 Jul 24;273(30):19153-9.
- Hill AL, Phelan SA, Loeken MR.Reduced expression of pax-3 is associated with overexpression of cdc46 in the mouse embryo.Dev Genes Evol. 1998 May;208(3):128-34.
- Phelan SA, Ito M, Loeken MR.Neural tube defects in embryos of diabetic mice: role of the Pax-3 gene and apoptosis.Diabetes. 1997 Jul;46(7):1189-97.