Nancy A. Rigotti, MD
- Carpenter MJ, Jardin BF, Burris JL, Mathew AR, Schnoll RA, Rigotti NA, Cummings KM.Clinical strategies to enhance the efficacy of nicotine replacement therapy for smoking cessation: a review of the literature.Drugs. 2013 Apr;73(5):407-26.
- Friebely J, Rigotti NA, Chang Y, Hall N, Weiley V, Dempsey J, Hipple B, Nabi-Burza E, Murphy S, Woo H, Winickoff JP.Parent smoker role conflict and planning to quit smoking: a cross-sectional study.BMC Public Health. 2013;13:164.
- Park ER, Gareen IF, Jain A, Ostroff JS, Duan F, Sicks JD, Rakowski W, Diefenbach M, Rigotti NA.Examining whether lung screening changes risk perceptions: National Lung Screening Trial participants at 1-year follow-up.Cancer. 2013 Apr 1;119(7):1306-13.
- Levy DE, Rigotti NA, Winickoff JP.Tobacco smoke exposure in a sample of Boston public housing residents.Am J Prev Med. 2013 Jan;44(1):63-6.
- Drehmer JE, Ossip DJ, Rigotti NA, Nabi-Burza E, Woo H, Wasserman RC, Chang Y, Winickoff JP.Pediatrician interventions and thirdhand smoke beliefs of parents.Am J Prev Med. 2012 Nov;43(5):533-6.
- Rigotti NA.Strategies to help a smoker who is struggling to quit.JAMA. 2012 Oct 17;308(15):1573-80.
- Rigotti NA, Wakefield M.Real People, Real Stories: A New Mass Media Campaign That Could Help Smokers Quit.Ann Intern Med. 2012 Sep 25.
- Land TG, Rigotti NA, Levy DE, Schilling T, Warner D, Li W.The effect of systematic clinical interventions with cigarette smokers on quit status and the rates of smoking-related primary care office visits.PLoS ONE. 2012;7(7):e41649.
- Japuntich SJ, Regan S, Viana J, Tymoszcuk J, Reyen M, Levy DE, Singer DE, Park ER, Chang Y, Rigotti NA.Comparative effectiveness of post-discharge interventions for hospitalized smokers: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2012 Aug 1;13(1):124.
- Regan S, Reyen M, Lockhart AC, Richards AE, Rigotti NA.An interactive voice response system to continue a hospital-based smoking cessation intervention after discharge.Nicotine Tob Res. 2011 Apr;13(4):255-60.
- Zapawa LM, Hughes JR, Benowitz NL, Rigotti NA, Shiffman S.Cautions and warnings on the US OTC label for nicotine replacement: what's a doctor to do?.Addict Behav. 2011 Apr;36(4):327-32.
- Rigotti NA.Integrating comprehensive tobacco treatment into the evolving US health care system: it's time to act: comment on "A randomized trial of Internet and telephone treatment for smoking cessation".Arch Intern Med. 2011 Jan 10;171(1):53-5.
- Bitton A, Raw M, Richards A, McNeill A, Rigotti NA.A comparison of four international surveys of tobacco dependence treatment provision: implications for monitoring the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.Addiction. 2010 Dec;105(12):2184-91.
- Baggett TP, Rigotti NA.Cigarette smoking and advice to quit in a national sample of homeless adults.Am J Prev Med. 2010 Aug;39(2):164-72.
- Baggett TP, O'Connell JJ, Singer DE, Rigotti NA.The unmet health care needs of homeless adults: a national study.Am J Public Health. 2010 Jul;100(7):1326-33.
- Winickoff JP, Healey EA, Regan S, Park ER, Cole C, Friebely J, Rigotti NA.Using the postpartum hospital stay to address mothers' and fathers' smoking: the NEWS study.Pediatrics. 2010 Mar;125(3):518-25.
- Rigotti NA, Pipe AL, Benowitz NL, Arteaga C, Garza D, Tonstad S.Efficacy and safety of varenicline for smoking cessation in patients with cardiovascular disease: a randomized trial.Circulation. 2010 Jan 19;121(2):221-9.
- Park ER, Ostroff JS, Rakowski W, Gareen IF, Diefenbach MA, Feibelmann S, Rigotti NA.Risk perceptions among participants undergoing lung cancer screening: baseline results from the national lung screening trial.Ann Behav Med. 2009 Jun;37(3):268-79.
- Park ER, Chang Y, Quinn VP, Ross K, Rigotti NA.Perceived support to stay quit: what happens after delivery?.Addict Behav. 2009 Dec;34(12):1000-4.
- Thorndike AN, Rigotti NA.A tragic triad: coronary artery disease, nicotine addiction, and depression.Curr. Opin. Cardiol. 2009 Sep;24(5):447-53. Review.
- Raw M, Regan S, Rigotti NA, McNeill A.A survey of tobacco dependence treatment guidelines in 31 countries.Addiction. 2009 Jul;104(7):1243-50.
- Rigotti NA.Helping smokers with cardiac disease to abstain from tobacco after a stay in hospital.CMAJ. 2009 Jun 23;180(13):1283-4.
- Rigotti NA.Addressing tobacco use in anesthesiology practice: a call to action.Anesthesiology. 2009 Jun;110(6):1207-8.
- Linder JA,Rigotti NA,Schneider LI,Kelley JH,Brawarsky P,Haas JS.An electronic health record-based intervention to improve tobacco treatment in primary care: a cluster-randomized controlled trial.Arch Intern Med. 2009 Apr 27;169(8):781-7.
- Rigotti NA.The future of tobacco treatment in the health care system.Ann Intern Med. 2009 Apr 7;150(7):496-7.
- Levy DE,Biener L,Rigotti NA.The natural history of light smokers: A population-based cohort study.Nicotine Tob Res. 2009 Feb;11(2):156-63.
- Fagan P,Rigotti NA.Light and intermittent smoking: the road less traveled.Nicotine Tob Res. 2009 Feb;11(2):107-10.
- Rigotti NA,Bitton A,Richards AE,Reyen M,Wassum K,Raw M.An international survey of training programs for treating tobacco dependence.Addiction. 2009 Feb;104(2):288-96.
- Raw M,Regan S,Rigotti NA,McNeill A.A survey of tobacco dependence treatment services in 36 countries.Addiction. 2009 Feb;104(2):279-87.
- Rigotti NA,Gonzales D,Dale LC,Lawrence D,Chang Y.A randomized controlled trial of adding the nicotine patch to rimonabant for smoking cessation: efficacy, safety and weight gain.Addiction. 2009 Feb;104(2):266-76.
- Quinn VP,Hollis JF,Smith KS,Rigotti NA,Solberg LI,Hu W,Stevens VJ.Effectiveness of the 5-As tobacco cessation treatments in nine HMOs.J Gen Intern Med. 2009 Feb;24(2):149-54.
- Rigotti NA,Munafo MR,Stead LF.Smoking cessation interventions for hospitalized smokers: a systematic review.Arch Intern Med. 2008 Oct 13;168(18):1950-60. Review.
- Winickoff JP,Park ER,Hipple BJ,Berkowitz A,Vieira C,Friebely J,Healey EA,Rigotti NA.Clinical effort against secondhand smoke exposure: development of framework and intervention.Pediatrics. 2008 Aug;122(2):e363-75.
- Berg CJ,Park ER,Chang Y,Rigotti NA.Is concern about post-cessation weight gain a barrier to smoking cessation among pregnant women?.Nicotine Tob Res. 2008 Jul;10(7):1159-63.
- Geller AC,Brooks DR,Powers CA,Brooks KR,Rigotti NA,Bognar B,McIntosh S,Zapka J.Tobacco cessation and prevention practices reported by second and fourth year students at US medical schools.J Gen Intern Med. 2008 Jul;23(7):1071-6.
- Koplan KE,Regan S,Goldszer RC,Schneider LI,Rigotti NA.A computerized aid to support smoking cessation treatment for hospital patients.J Gen Intern Med. 2008 Aug;23(8):1214-7.
- Rigotti NA, Park ER, Chang Y, Regan S.Smoking cessation medication use among pregnant and postpartum smokers.Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Feb;111(2):348-55.
- Thorndike AN, Regan S, McKool K, Pasternak RC, Swartz S, Torres-Finnerty N, Rigotti NA.Depressive symptoms and smoking cessation after hospitalization for cardiovascular disease.Arch Intern Med. 2008 Jan 28;168(2):186-91.
- Koplan KE, David SP, Rigotti NA.Smoking cessation.BMJ. 2008 Jan 26;336(7637):217. Review.
- Levy DE, Thorndike AN, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Use of nicotine replacement therapy to reduce or delay smoking but not to quit: prevalence and association with subsequent cessation efforts.Tob Control. 2007 Dec;16(6):384-9.
- Gelenberg AJ, de Leon J, Evins AE, Parks JJ, Rigotti NA.Smoking cessation in patients with psychiatric disorders.J Clin Psychiatry. 2007 Sep;68(9):1404-10.
- Thorndike AN, Regan S, Rigotti NA.The treatment of smoking by US physicians during ambulatory visits: 1994 2003.Am J Public Health. 2007 Oct;97(10):1878-83.
- Rigotti NA, Munafo MR, Stead LF.Interventions for smoking cessation in hospitalised patients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007(3):CD001837. Review.
- Evins AE, Cather C, Culhane MA, Birnbaum A, Horowitz J, Hsieh E, Freudenreich O, Henderson DC, Schoenfeld DA, Rigotti NA, Goff DC.A 12-week double-blind, placebo-controlled study of bupropion sr added to high-dose dual nicotine replacement therapy for smoking cessation or reduction in schizophrenia.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2007 Aug;27(4):380-6.
- Thomson CC, Hamilton WL, Siegel MB, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Effect of local youth-access regulations on progression to established smoking among youths in Massachusetts.Tobacco Control. 2007 Apr;16(2):119-26.
- Albers AB, Siegel M, Cheng DM, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Effect of smoking regulations in local restaurants on smokers' anti-smoking attitudes and quitting behaviours.Tobacco Control. 2007 Apr;16(2):101-6.
- Park ER, Quinn VP, Chang Y, Regan S, Loudin B, Cummins S, Perry K, Rigotti NA.Recruiting pregnant smokers into a clinical trial: using a network-model managed care organization versus community-based practices.Prev Med. 2007 Mar;44(3):223-9.
- Rigotti NA, Thorndike AN, Regan S, McKool K, Pasternak RC, Chang Y, Swartz S, Torres-Finnerty N, Emmons KM, Singer DE.Bupropion for smokers hospitalized with acute cardiovascular disease.Am J Med. 2006 Dec;119(12):1080-7.
- Jorenby DE, Hays JT, Rigotti NA, Azoulay S, Watsky EJ, Williams KE, Billing CB, Gong J, Reeves KR,.Efficacy of varenicline, an alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist, vs placebo or sustained-release bupropion for smoking cessation: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2006 Jul 5;296(1):56-63.
- Rigotti NA, Park ER, Regan S, Chang Y, Perry K, Loudin B, Quinn V.Efficacy of telephone counseling for pregnant smokers: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Jul;108(1):83-92.
- Tindle HA, Rigotti NA, Davis RB, Barbeau EM, Kawachi I, Shiffman S.Cessation among smokers of "light" cigarettes: results from the 2000 national health interview survey.Am J Public Health. 2006 Aug;96(8):1498-504.
- Biener L, Reimer RL, Wakefield M, Szczypka G, Rigotti NA, Connolly G.Impact of smoking cessation aids and mass media among recent quitters.Am J Prev Med. 2006 Mar;30(3):217-24.
- Hazlehurst B, Sittig DF, Stevens VJ, Smith KS, Hollis JF, Vogt TM, Winickoff JP, Glasgow R, Palen TE, Rigotti NA.Natural language processing in the electronic medical record: assessing clinician adherence to tobacco treatment guidelines.Am J Prev Med. 2005 Dec;29(5):434-9.
- Rigotti NA.Increasing smoking cessation at the population level: thinking outside the box.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):3-5.
- Stevens VJ, Solberg LI, Quinn VP, Rigotti NA, Hollis JA, Smith KS, Zapka JG, France E, Vogt T, Gordon N, Fishman P, Boyle RG.Relationship between tobacco control policies and the delivery of smoking cessation services in nonprofit HMOs.J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2005(35):75-80.
- Evins AE, Deckersbach T, Cather C, Freudenreich O, Culhane MA, Henderson DC, Green MF, Schoenfeld DA, Rigotti NA, Goff DC.Independent effects of tobacco abstinence and bupropion on cognitive function in schizophrenia.J Clin Psychiatry. 2005 Sep;66(9):1184-90.
- Siegel M, Albers AB, Cheng DM, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Effect of local restaurant smoking regulations on progression to established smoking among youths.Tob Control. 2005 Oct;14(5):300-6.
- Abel GA, Hays JT, Decker PA, Croghan GA, Kuter DJ, Rigotti NA.Effects of biochemically confirmed smoking cessation on white blood cell count.Mayo Clin Proc. 2005 Aug;80(8):1022-8.
- Conroy MB, Majchrzak NE, Silverman CB, Chang Y, Regan S, Schneider LI, Rigotti NA.Measuring provider adherence to tobacco treatment guidelines: a comparison of electronic medical record review, patient survey, and provider survey.Nicotine Tob Res. 2005 Apr;7 Suppl 1:S35-43.
- Conroy MB, Majchrzak NE, Regan S, Silverman CB, Schneider LI, Rigotti NA.The association between patient-reported receipt of tobacco intervention at a primary care visit and smokers' satisfaction with their health care.Nicotine Tob Res. 2005 Apr;7 Suppl 1:S29-34.
- Quinn VP, Stevens VJ, Hollis JF, Rigotti NA, Solberg LI, Gordon N, Ritzwoller D, Smith KS, Hu W, Zapka J.Tobacco-cessation services and patient satisfaction in nine nonprofit HMOs.Am J Prev Med. 2005 Aug;29(2):77-84.
- Park ER, Wolfe TJ, Gokhale M, Winickoff JP, Rigotti NA.Perceived preparedness to provide preventive counseling: reports of graduating primary care residents at academic health centers.J Gen Intern Med. 2005 May;20(5):386-91.
- Conley Thomson C, Siegel M, Winickoff J, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Household smoking bans and adolescents' perceived prevalence of smoking and social acceptability of smoking.Prev Med. 2005 Aug;41(2):349-56.
- Geller AC, Zapka J, Brooks KR, Dube C, Powers CA, Rigotti N, O'Donnell J, Ockene J,.Tobacco control competencies for US medical students.Am J Public Health. 2005 Jun;95(6):950-5.
- Evins AE, Cather C, Deckersbach T, Freudenreich O, Culhane MA, Olm-Shipman CM, Henderson DC, Schoenfeld DA, Goff DC, Rigotti NA.A double-blind placebo-controlled trial of bupropion sustained-release for smoking cessation in schizophrenia.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2005 Jun;25(3):218-25.
- Skeer M, Cheng DM, Rigotti NA, Siegel M.Secondhand smoke exposure in the workplace.Am J Prev Med. 2005 May;28(4):331-7.
- Winickoff JP, Tanski SE, McMillen RC, Klein JD, Rigotti NA, Weitzman M.Child health care clinicians' use of medications to help parents quit smoking: a national parent survey.Pediatrics. 2005 Apr;115(4):1013-7.
- Powers CA, Zapka JG, Bognar B, Dube C, Hyder Ferry L, Ferguson KJ, O'donnell JF, Rigotti N, Conley Thomson C, White M, Wilkerson L, Geller AC, McIntosh S.Evaluation of current tobacco curriculum at 12 US medical schools.J Cancer Educ. 2004 Winter;19(4):212-9.
- Thomson CC, Gokhale M, Biener L, Siegel MB, Rigotti NA.Statewide evaluation of youth access ordinances in practice: effects of the implementation of community-level regulations in Massachusetts.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2004 Nov-Dec;10(6):481-9.
- Rigotti NA, Moran SE, Wechsler H.US college students' exposure to tobacco promotions: prevalence and association with tobacco use.Am J Public Health. 2005 Jan;95(1):138-44.
- Albers AB, Siegel M, Cheng DM, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Relation between local restaurant smoking regulations and attitudes towards the prevalence and social acceptability of smoking: a study of youths and adults who eat out predominantly at restaurants in their town.Tob Control. 2004 Dec;13(4):347-55.
- Albers AB, Siegel M, Cheng DM, Rigotti NA, Biener L.Effects of restaurant and bar smoking regulations on exposure to environmental tobacco smoke among Massachusetts adults.Am J Public Health. 2004 Nov;94(11):1959-64.
- Durcan MJ, Johnston JA, White J, Gonzales D, Sachs DP, Rigotti N, Niaura R.Bupropion SR for relapse prevention: a "slips-allowed" analysis.Am J Health Behav. 2004 Sep-Oct;28(5):456-63.
- Moran S, Wechsler H, Rigotti NA.Social smoking among US college students.Pediatrics. 2004 Oct;114(4):1028-34.
- Cox LS, Patten CA, Niaura RS, Decker PA, Rigotti N, Sachs DP, Buist AS, Hurt RD.Efficacy of bupropion for relapse prevention in smokers with and without a past history of major depression.J Gen Intern Med. 2004 Aug;19(8):828-34.
- Arnsten JH, Reid K, Bierer M, Rigotti N.Smoking behavior and interest in quitting among homeless smokers.Addict Behav. 2004 Aug;29(6):1155-61.
- DiFranza JR, Savageau JA, Rigotti NA, Ockene JK, McNeill AD, Coleman M, Wood C.Trait anxiety and nicotine dependence in adolescents: a report from the DANDY study.Addict Behav. 2004 Jul;29(5):911-9.
- Conroy MB, Delichatsios HK, Hafler JP, Rigotti NA.Impact of a preventive medicine and nutrition curriculum for medical students.Am J Prev Med. 2004 Jul;27(1):77-80.
- Evins AE, Cather C, Rigotti NA, Freudenreich O, Henderson DC, Olm-Shipman CM, Goff DC.Two-year follow-up of a smoking cessation trial in patients with schizophrenia: increased rates of smoking cessation and reduction.J Clin Psychiatry. 2004 Mar;65(3):307-11; quiz 452-3.
- Solberg LI, Quinn VP, Stevens VJ, Vogt TM, Rigotti NA, Zapka JG, Ritzwoller DP, Smith KS.Tobacco control efforts in managed care: what do the doctors think?.Am J Manag Care. 2004 Mar;10(3):193-8.
- Rigotti NA, Tindle HA.The fallacy of "light" cigarettes.BMJ. 2004 Mar 13;328(7440):E278-9.
- Siegel M, Albers AB, Cheng DM, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Effect of local restaurant smoking regulations on environmental tobacco smoke exposure among youths.Am J Public Health. 2004 Feb;94(2):321-5.
- DiFranza JR, Savageau JA, Fletcher K, Ockene JK, Rigotti NA, McNeill AD, Coleman M, Wood C.Recollections and repercussions of the first inhaled cigarette.Addict Behav. 2004 Feb;29(2):261-72.
- Rigotti NA.Putting the research into practice.BMJ. 2003 Dec 13;327(7428):1395-6.
- Winickoff JP, Buckley VJ, Palfrey JS, Perrin JM, Rigotti NA.Intervention with parental smokers in an outpatient pediatric clinic using counseling and nicotine replacement.Pediatrics. 2003 Nov;112(5):1127-33.
- Winickoff JP, McMillen RC, Carroll BC, Klein JD, Rigotti NA, Tanski SE, Weitzman M.Addressing parental smoking in pediatrics and family practice: a national survey of parents.Pediatrics. 2003 Nov;112(5):1146-51.
- Winickoff JP, Glauber JH, Perrin JM, Boch B, Rigotti NA.The process of improving tobacco dependence medication use in a Medicaid managed care organization: a practical systems-level approach.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003 Oct 01;10:535-539.
- Rigotti NA, Regan S, Moran SE, Wechsler H.Students' opinion of tobacco control policies recommended for US colleges: a national survey.Tob Control. 2003 Sep;12(3):251-6.
- Halperin AC, Rigotti NA.US public universities' compliance with recommended tobacco-control policies.J Am Coll Health. 2003 Mar;51(5):181-8.
- Thomson CC, Rigotti NA.Hospital- and clinic-based smoking cessation interventions for smokers with cardiovascular disease.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2003 May-Jun;45(6):459-79.
- Solberg LI, Hollis JA, Stevens VJ, Rigotti NA, Quinn VP, Aickin M.Does methodology affect the ability to monitor tobacco control activities? implications for HEDIS and other performance measures.Prev Med. 2003 Jul;37(1):33-40.
- Moran S, Thorndike AN, Armstrong K, Rigotti NA.Physicians' missed opportunities to address tobacco use during prenatal care.Nicotine Tob Res. 2003 Jun;5(3):363-8.
- Fairfield KM, Emmons KM, Rigotti NA, Colditz GA.Use of a computerized risk-appraisal instrument for cancer prevention education of medical students.J Cancer Educ. 2002 Winter;17(4):183-5.
- Rigotti NA, Munafo MR, Murphy MF, Stead LF.Interventions for smoking cessation in hospitalised patients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003(1):CD001837.
- Winickoff JP, Hillis VJ, Palfrey JS, Perrin JM, Rigotti NA.A smoking cessation intervention for parents of children who are hospitalized for respiratory illness: the stop tobacco outreach program.Pediatrics. 2003 Jan;111(1):140-5.
- DiFranza JR, Savageau JA, Rigotti NA, Fletcher K, Ockene JK, McNeill AD, Coleman M, Wood C.Development of symptoms of tobacco dependence in youths: 30 month follow up data from the DANDY study.Tob Control. 2002 Sep;11(3):228-35.
- Hurt RD, Wolter TD, Rigotti N, Hays JT, Niaura R, Durcan MJ, Gonzales D, Sachs DP, Johnston JA, Offord KP.Bupropion for pharmacologic relapse prevention to smoking: predictors of outcome.Addict Behav. 2002 Jul-Aug;27(4):493-507.
- Rigotti NA, Quinn VP, Stevens VJ, Solberg LI, Hollis JF, Rosenthal AC, Zapka JG, France E, Gordon N, Smith S, Monroe M.Tobacco-control policies in 11 leading managed care organizations: progress and challenges.Eff Clin Pract. 2002 May-Jun;5(3):130-6.
- Rigotti NA, Regan S, Majchrzak NE, Knight JR, Wechsler H.Tobacco use by Massachusetts public college students: long term effect of the Massachusetts Tobacco Control Program.Tob Control. 2002 Jun;11 Suppl 2:ii20-4.
- Durcan MJ, Deener G, White J, Johnston JA, Gonzales D, Niaura R, Rigotti N, Sachs DP.The effect of bupropion sustained-release on cigarette craving after smoking cessation.Clin Ther. 2002 Apr;24(4):540-51.
- Gonzales D, Bjornson W, Durcan MJ, White JD, Johnston JA, Buist AS, Sachs DP, Rigotti NA, Niaura R, Hays JT, Hurt RD.Effects of gender on relapse prevention in smokers treated with bupropion SR.Am J Prev Med. 2002 May;22(4):234-9.
- DiFranza JR, Savageau JA, Fletcher K, Ockene JK, Rigotti NA, McNeill AD, Coleman M, Wood C.Measuring the loss of autonomy over nicotine use in adolescents: the DANDY (Development and Assessment of Nicotine Dependence in Youths) study.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002 Apr;156(4):397-403.
- Thorndike AN, Biener L, Rigotti NA.Effect on smoking cessation of switching nicotine replacement therapy to over-the-counter status.Am J Public Health. 2002 Mar;92(3):437-42.
- Rigotti NA.Clinical practice. Treatment of tobacco use and dependence.N Engl J Med. 2002 Feb 14;346(7):506-12.
- Evins AE, Mays VK, Rigotti NA, Tisdale T, Cather C, Goff DC.A pilot trial of bupropion added to cognitive behavioral therapy for smoking cessation in schizophrenia.Nicotine Tob Res. 2001 Nov;3(4):397-403.
- Winickoff JP, Hibberd PL, Case B, Sinha P, Rigotti NA.Child hospitalization: an opportunity for parental smoking intervention.Am J Prev Med. 2001 Oct;21(3):218-20.
- Hays JT, Hurt RD, Rigotti NA, Niaura R, Gonzales D, Durcan MJ, Sachs DP, Wolter TD, Buist AS, Johnston JA, White JD.Sustained-release bupropion for pharmacologic relapse prevention after smoking cessation. a randomized, controlled trial.Ann Intern Med. 2001 Sep 18;135(6):423-33.
- Rigotti NA, Munafo MR, Murphy MF, Stead LF.Interventions for smoking cessation in hospitalised patients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2001(2):CD001837.
- Wechsler H, Kelley K, Seibring M, Kuo M, Rigotti NA.College smoking policies and smoking cessation programs: results of a survey of college health center directors.J Am Coll Health. 2001 Mar;49(5):205-12.
- Wechsler H, Lee JE, Rigotti NA.Cigarette use by college students in smoke-free housing: results of a national study.Am J Prev Med. 2001 Apr;20(3):202-7.
- Thorndike AN, Stafford RS, Rigotti NA.US physicians' treatment of smoking in outpatients with psychiatric diagnoses.Nicotine Tob Res. 2001 Feb;3(1):85-91.
- Wee CC, Rigotti NA, Davis RB, Phillips RS.Relationship between smoking and weight control efforts among adults in the united states.Arch Intern Med. 2001 Feb 26;161(4):546-50.
- Rigotti NA, Thorndike AN.Reducing the health burden of tobacco use: what's the doctor's role?.Mayo Clin Proc. 2001 Feb;76(2):121-3.
- DiFranza JR, Rigotti NA, McNeill AD, Ockene JK, Savageau JA, St Cyr D, Coleman M.Initial symptoms of nicotine dependence in adolescents.Tob Control. 2000 Sep;9(3):313-9.
- Rigotti NA, Arnsten JH, McKool KM, Wood-Reid KM, Pasternak RC, Singer DE.Smoking by patients in a smoke-free hospital: prevalence, predictors, and implications.Prev Med. 2000 Aug;31(2 Pt 1):159-66.
- Rigotti NA.A 36-year-old woman who smokes cigarettes.JAMA. 2000 Aug 9;284(6):741-9.
- Rigotti NA, Lee JE, Wechsler H.US college students' use of tobacco products: results of a national survey.JAMA. 2000 Aug 9;284(6):699-705.
- Rigotti NA.II. Smoking cessation in the hospital setting-a new opportunity for managed care. Introduction.Tob Control. 2000;9 Suppl 1:I54-5.
- Thorndike AN, Ferris TG, Stafford RS, Rigotti NA.Rates of U.S. physicians counseling adolescents about smoking.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1999 Nov 3;91(21):1857-62.
- Rigotti NA.Treatment options for the weight-conscious smoker.Arch Intern Med. 1999 Jun 14;159(11):1169-71.
- Wechsler H, Rigotti NA, Gledhill-Hoyt J, Lee H.Increased levels of cigarette use among college students: a cause for national concern.JAMA. 1998 Nov 18;280(19):1673-8.
- Rigotti NA, Arnsten JH, McKool KM, Wood-Reid KM, Pasternak RC, Singer DE.Efficacy of a smoking cessation program for hospital patients.Arch Intern Med. 1997 Dec 8-22;157(22):2653-60.
- Thorndike AN, Rigotti NA, Stafford RS, Singer DE.National patterns in the treatment of smokers by physicians.JAMA. 1998 Feb 25;279(8):604-8.
- Rigotti NA, DiFranza JR, Chang Y, Tisdale T, Kemp B, Singer DE.The effect of enforcing tobacco-sales laws on adolescents' access to tobacco and smoking behavior.N Engl J Med. 1997 Oct 9;337(15):1044-51.
- Rigotti NA, Pasternak RC.Cigarette smoking and coronary heart disease: risks and management.Cardiol Clin. 1996 Feb;14(1):51-68.
- Rigotti NA, Stoto MA, Schelling TC.Do businesses comply with a no-smoking law? Assessing the self-enforcement approach.Prev Med. 1994 Mar;23(2):223-9.
- Rigotti NA, McKool KM, Shiffman S.Predictors of smoking cessation after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Results of a randomized trial with 5-year follow-up.Ann Intern Med. 1994 Feb 15;120(4):287-93.
- Rigotti NA, Stoto MA, Bierer MF, Rosen A, Schelling T.Retail stores' compliance with a city no-smoking law.Am J Public Health. 1993 Feb;83(2):227-32.
- Bierer MF, Rigotti NA.Public policy for the control of tobacco-related disease.Med Clin North Am. 1992 Mar;76(2):515-39.
- Rigotti NA, Bourne D, Rosen A, Locke JA, Schelling TC.Workplace compliance with a no-smoking law: a randomized community intervention trial.Am J Public Health. 1992 Feb;82(2):229-35.
- Rigotti NA, Pashos CL.No-smoking laws in the United States. An analysis of state and city actions to limit smoking in public places and workplaces.JAMA. 1991 Dec 11;266(22):3162-7.
- Sorensen G, Rigotti NA, Rosen A, Pinney J, Prible R.Employee knowledge and attitudes about a work-site nonsmoking policy: rationale for further smoking restrictions.J Occup Med. 1991 Nov;33(11):1125-30.
- Rigotti NA, Singer DE, Mulley AG, Thibault GE.Smoking cessation following admission to a coronary care unit.J Gen Intern Med. 1991 Jul-Aug;6(4):305-11.
- Rigotti NA.How can we help the remaining smokers to quit?.Am J Prev Med. 1990 Sep-Oct;6(5):249-50.
- Rigotti NA.Cigarette smoking and body weight.N Engl J Med. 1989 Apr 6;320(14):931-3.
- Rigotti NA.Trends in the adoption of smoking restrictions in public places and worksites.N Y State J Med. 1989 Jan;89(1):19-26.