- Identify the full spectrum of genetic mutations driving colorectal and pancreatic tumorigenesis
- Develop and utilize model systems to understand mechanisms by which specific mutations contribute to disease and to evaluate and monitor targeted therapeutic interventions
- Determine whether polymorphic variation in genes defined above increase risk and identify at-risk populations and determine whether these polymorphisms are modified by environmental risk factors.
- Undertake targeted therapeutic trials utilizing novel endpoint assessment and imaging based upon the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of colorectal and pancreatic cancer
- Determine the effectiveness of screening and treatments for colorectal and pancreatic cancer by evaluating patient outcomes