CURE - Summer Only
The 2017 CURE application is now closed. Check back here in November, 2017.
TO BE ELIGIBLE YOU MUST:
- Be a high school sophomore, junior or senior OR be a college freshman, sophomore, or junior
- Be at least 16 years old as of the start of the program
- Be a MA resident or attend school in MA
- Be an US citizen or a permanent resident
- Be at least one of the following:
- • From a racial/ethnic group that is underrepresented in the sciences*
- • A first generation college student
- • Economically disadvantaged
- Show a strong interest and ability in science
- Have an interest in pursuing a biomedical or health-related research career
- Be able to commit to a full-time experience
* Underrepresented minorities in the sciences include Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans/Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders.
REQUIRED APPLICATION COMPONENTS INCLUDE:
- Completion of an application form
- Statement of Interest: A personal statement describing academic and professional interests, interest in the biomedical field, reason for applying to the CURE program and the way(s) in which this experience will help meet their short and long term goals. The typed statement should be a minimum of 500 words.
- Official copy of transcript or report card from most current school and year
- Current résumé
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (maximum of three; one of these letters must be from a science or mathematics teacher/professor).