Eligibility and Applications
Summer 2017 application has been closed. The 2018 CURE application will open in fall of 2017.
How to Apply
To be considered for the incoming class of CURE scholars, please complete the CURE electronic application. The application deadline is February 17, 2017. Final decisions are made in mid-April.
Required application components include:
- Completion of an application form
- Statement of Interest: A personal statement describing academic and professional interests, interest in the biomedical field, reason for applying to the CURE program and the way(s) in which this experience will help meet their short and long term goals. The typed statement should be a minimum of 500 words.
- Official copy of transcript or report card from most current school and year
- Current résumé
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (maximum of three; one of these letters must be from a science or mathematics teacher/professor).
To be eligible to participate in the DF/HCC CURE program, students must:
- Be a high school sophomore, junior or senior OR be a college freshman, sophomore, or junior
- Be at least 16 years old as of the start of the program
- Be a MA resident or attend school in MA
- Be an US citizen or a permanent resident
- Be at least one of the following:
- • From a racial/ethnic group that is underrepresented in the sciences*
- • A first generation college student
- • Economically disadvantaged
- Show a strong interest and ability in science
- Have an interest in pursuing a biomedical or health-related research career
- Be able to commit to a full-time experience
* Underrepresented minorities in the sciences include Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans/Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders.