YES for CURE
Application Due: November 26, 2018
TO BE ELIGIBLE YOU MUST:
- Be a high school sophomore or junior or a college freshman or sophomore
- Be at least 16 years old by the June 17, 2019
- Reside in and/or attend school in Massachusetts and be able to travel to the Longwood Medical Area in Boston five days a week in the summer and several times a month during the academic year.
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be from a racial or ethnic group considered underrepresented in the sciences*
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be from an economically disadvantaged background
- Demonstrate a strong interest and ability in science
- Show interest in pursuing a biomedical science or health-related career
- Be able to commit to THREE YEARS of program participation
*Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans/Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders.
REQUIRED APPLICATION COMPONENTS INCLUDE:
- Completion of an application form
- Statement of Interest: A personal statement describing academic and professional interests, interest in the biomedical field, reason for applying to the YES for CURE program and the way(s) in which this experience will help meet your short and long term goals. The typed statement should be a maximum of 500 words.
- Official copy of transcript or report card from most current school and year
- Current résumé
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (maximum of three; one of these letters must be from a science or mathematics teacher/professor).