Genotyping and Genetics for Population Sciences Core
1. SNP Analysis using Taqman
SNP start up fees:
- Fewer than 700 samples and assay not in stock (DF/HCC): $258
- Fewer than 700 samples and assay not in stock: $295
- 700-2000 samples and assay is in stock (DF/HCC): $420
- 700-2000 samples and assay is in stock: $480
- 2000 samples or more and assay not in stock (DF/HCC): $858
- 2000 samples or more and assay not in stock: $980
- Taqman assay (DF/HCC members): $0.60 per SNP per sample
- Taqman assay: $0.68 per SNP per sample
2. SNP Analysis using Taqman OpenArray Genotyping
The Taqman OpenArray platform allows users to run 16, 32 or 64 SNPs in parallel using Taqman reagents. Approximate pricing for DF/HCC members:
OpenArray set-up fee (per project): $200
The per-genotype cost varies with the number of samples and the number of SNPs. Contact Immaculata De Vivo for exact pricing information.
3. Ion Torrent PGM
Targeted sequencing service using the Ion Torrent PGM. The capabilities of this service include:
Custom Amplicon Sequencing of DNA and RNA Panels
Ready-to-use Ion AmpliSeq Panels:
- Cancer Hotspot Panel – 50 genes, > 2,800 Cosmic Mutations, 207 Amplicons
- Comprehensive Cancer Panel – 409 genes, 16,000 Amplicons
- Inherited Disease Panel – 700 disease, 328 genes, 10,000 Amplicons
The system requires only 10ng of input DNA and DNA from FFPE samples can also be used. Additionally, only one or two samples can be run at a time.
There are three different Chip formats:
- Ion 314 Chip: 1 million wells, 400-550 thousand reads for 200bp sequencing
- Ion 316 Chip: 6 million wells, 2-3 million reads for 200bp sequencing
- Ion 318 Chip: 11 million wells, 4-5.5 million reads for 200bp sequencing
Contact Immaculata De Vivo for more information.
4. DNA Extraction, plating, and whole genome amplification (all prices quoted are for DF/HCC members)
- Sample plating: $1.49 per sample
- Pico green DNA quantification: $0.88 per sample
- Full DNA extraction: $17.51 per sample
- Whole genome amplification: $15.76 per sample
- Specific DNA standardization (pico, dilution, tracking, submission): $3.50 per sample
Contact Pati Soule at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. Telomere Length Analysis
Contact Pati Soule at email@example.com for more information on this service.
6. SNP analysis and sequencing using Illumina
DF/HCC members receive member rates for these services. For general pricing information for this platform, click here.
Contact Ashley Blau at firstname.lastname@example.org for quotes and information on the Illumina platform.