Prior to abstract or manuscript submission, investigators should notify the Breast Users Committee for guidance regarding authorship and funding acknowledgements.
In general, an investigator from each institution represented in the analysis of clinical data and/or specimens should be included in the authorship. In addition, for publications that include curated clinical data (i.e. from a cohort database), the PI/leaders of the relevant database should be included as an author(s). For publications including biospecimens, the bank director should generally be included as an author. For secondary use of an existing clinical trial’s clinical data or biospecimens, the trial PI should be included as an author. Failure to adhere to the publication policy may result in loss of privileges to access clinical data or biospecimens for research.
All manuscripts which include the use of bio-specimens or clinical data abstracted from Protocols 93-085, 09-204 and/or 05-246 should reach out to the Users Committee to discuss acknowledgements, as funding sources have varied over time. In particular, it is important that all manuscripts express acknowledgement of the contribution to the DF/HCC Breast SPORE: Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE), An NCI funded program, Grant 1P50CA168504.
Research that has used tissue and/or blood samples collected under DF/HCC Protocol #05-246 should acknowledge:
- Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center SPORE grant #P50CA168504. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health/NCI.
- ACT-NOW Fund at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Depending on the samples and annotated clinical data required, the research may also need to acknowledge:
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network Oncology Research Program (in collaboration with Pfizer Independent Grants for Learning & Change)
- Fashion Footwear Association of New York
- Friends of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Please check with the Users Committee chairs, Nancy U. Lin, MD, Deborah Dillon, MD, and Laura Collins, MD, prior to manuscript submission to confirm the correct acknowledgements are included.