The UMass Boston – DF/HCC U54 Partnership has released a new Request for Applications! Click here for the full RFA and important dates can be found below:
Deadline for Letter of Intent (Required): April 1, 2020 by 11:59 PM EST
Presentation Dates: May 4 and May 21, 2020, 3:00 - 5:00 PM EST
Deadline for Application: June 15, 2020 by 11:59 PM EST
Award start date: September 1, 2021
The UMB – DF/HCC Partnership aims to understand the reasons behind the significant cancer disparities and related impact of cancer on underserved communities and socio-economically disadvantaged population groups. The Partnership is submitting a competing application for renewal in January, 2021. Projects selected will be included in the application and evaluated by NCI. Funding is contingent upon NCI’s successful award of the U54 PACHE grant.
This RFA calls for projects to address cancer disparities and cancer science. Proposals must be explicitly aimed at fostering and supporting collaborations between investigators at UMass Boston (an institution that serves underrepresented populations) and DF/HCC (an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center). We are seeking proposals that focus on developing an understanding of cancer-related disparities through an elucidation of biological, social or behavioral mechanisms, or at their intersection. We are also interested in studies that can mitigate these disparities through interventions. Our proposed theme for the renewal application is Bridging the divides: Understanding and addressing disparities at scale.
LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) SUBMISSION
Submission of an LOI is required. LOIs are limited to two pages in length, should be numbered (if needed) and in PDF format. The LOI should include the following information:
- A description of the proposed research
- Specific aims
- A brief paragraph on the scientific significance and how it relates to the goals of the NCI (CPACHE) (U54) and UMass Boston – DF/HCC Partnership
- 2-3 bullet points on how the outcomes of the proposed work will position the project well for funding as a U54 Full Project and/or NIH (e.g. R01/R15/R21-level funding) mechanism
- DF/HCC and UMass Boston faculty who are collaborating along with their contact information.
- Interested faculty who do not have a UMass Boston or a DF/HCC collaborator may request assistance from the Partnership at email@example.com.
- For general questions, contact Abby Shain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Budget related questions from UMB investigators should be directed to Laney DiGiovanni at email@example.com.
- Budget related questions from DF/HCC investigators should be directed to Gail Dudley at firstname.lastname@example.org.