The Bridge Project is seeking team applications for the 2015 round of funding awards. Teams must be composed of at least one Principal Investigator from DF/HCC and at least one Principal Investigator from the Koch Institute at MIT (or MIT faculty member). Only proposals in the following areas of great clinical need will be accepted:
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- NEW Leiomyosarcoma
- Leukemia (Adult)
- Lung Cancer
- NEW Multiple Myeloma
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
The Bridge Project also welcomes proposals in the following areas:
- Cachexia in cancer
- Cancers with viral etiology (e.g., Merkel cell carcinoma)
- New technologies for tumor monitoring
Award Amounts: There are three types of awards.
- The “traditional” Bridge Project Grant: $400,000 (total costs) per team per year for up to 2 years ($800,000 total)
- Footbridge Grants: $200,000 (total costs) per team per year for one year. These are intended to allow newly formed teams to strengthen their future Bridge Project application and obtain necessary preliminary data/proof of concept as well as become a “true” team
- Expansion Bridge Grants: up to $750,000 per team (total costs) for one year and intended to support Bridge Project awardees to continue into the clinic (i.e. specifically designed for clinical trials).
Multiple awards will be granted; the number of awards is dependent on ongoing fundraising efforts.
(Required) Intent to Submit Deadline: October 8, 2015
Proposal Submission Deadline: October 22, 2015 by 5:00 pm
Full applications should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org