TO BE ELIGIBLE YOU MUST:
- Be a first or second year student at UMB or any local community college
- Individuals from the following group are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Racial or ethnic group considered underrepresented in the sciences*
- First-generation college student
- Economically disadvantaged background
- Demonstrate a strong interest and ability in science
- Show interest in learning about research careers in cancer and cancer disparities
*Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans/Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders.
REQUIRED APPLICATION COMPONENTS INCLUDE:
- Completion of an application form
- Statement of Interest: A personal statement describing academic and professional interests, interest in the biomedical field, reason for applying to the program and the way(s) in which this experience will help meet their short and long term goals. The typed statement should be a maximum of 500 words.
- Official copy of transcript or report card from most current school and year
- Current résumé
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (maximum of three; one of these letters must be from a science or mathematics teacher/professor).