iRIS Education and Training
iRIS serves as the Protocol Review and Monitoring System (PRMS) for all DF/HCC research.
This page contains educational resources to supplement the detailed guidance and work instructions found on the iRIS WIKI. The goal of these presentations and training tools is to focus on frequently asked questions and topics relevant to the study team, to provide operational guidance, and additional tools and tricks for using iRIS as a researcher.
Please contact ODQEducation@dfci.harvard.edu with questions about the resources on this page.
Please visit the iRIS Readiness Center for additional information and updates related to iRIS.
Updated NPA Feasibility Routing (Nursing/pharmacy) and iRIS Navigator - January, 2021
Tracking Submissions in iRIS: A Guide for Study Teams
Subsite Visibility and Routing
Additional Training Slides:
iRIS Access Training (institution and role-specific)
eLearning with HealthStream (BCH, BWH, DFCI, MGH)
BCH, BWH, DFCI, and MGH make use of the Healthstream system for eLearning training courses. Contact your local super-user to determine which training session is most suited for your role and follow the instructions below.
- Login to HealthStream via your institutional intranet
- Navigate to the "Catalog" tab at the top of the screen
- Search the HealthStream catalog for the training session that corresponds to your role
- Contact your local Clinical Trials Office/Team SuperUser for more training information or support
eLearning with myPath (BIDMC)
myPath courses will be automatically assigned to staff who have confirmed their need for iRIS access.
The following roles will see eLearning assigned to them:
- Study Team Members (CRCs, Managers, etc.)
- Feasibility Reviewers (Nursing, Pharmacy, Ancillary)
- Sign-Off Only Reviewers
Any users who did not receive the courses they were expecting should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.