The Research Pharmacy Core provides receipt, storage, formulation, and dispensing of investigational medications for subjects on DF/HCC protocols. Research Pharmacy’s involvement in the clinical trials process begins with protocol review by participating in the DF/HCC Scientific Review and Monitoring Process (PRMS). This includes a thorough review of the protocol document to ensure clarity and consistency of information, processes, and procedures for the health care team that is conducting the research.
Research Pharmacy also participates in site initiation meetings, staff education, associated policy and procedure review, protocol revisions, and ensuring the protocol can be conducted at the DF/HCC sites. Core staff work with staff at each site to allow for site-specific variability while ensuring the requisite materials and information is available to conduct the clinical trial.
Core services are available, as a fee-for-service function, to DF/HCC members, Harvard-affiliated investigators, and all other scientific investigators.
- Coordination of investigational drug distribution to DF/HCC and affiliate institutions
- Protocol review, education, and monitoring of pharmaceutical information
- Online protocol order templates in the Chemo Order Entry systems
- On-site education for study team members
- Link with QACT registration system
- Implementation of pharmaceutical aspects of protocols
- Participation in site initiation visits and ongoing protocol monitoring
If research supported by this core facility results in publication, please acknowledge this support by including the following in your publication(s):
"We thank Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center in Boston, MA, for the use of the Research Pharmacy Core, which provided __________ service. Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center is supported in part by an NCI Cancer Center Support Grant # NIH 5 P30 CA06516."